• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Bumblebee Puts Out

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
I am just posting this for DocJohn and will let him add the commentary:

bee.jpg

bee1.jpg

bee2.jpg

I was obviously surprised and excited to see the above results,esp as it was a humid 90 and my car had been running hard 15 min before these pulls.The specifics of the car: 96-t,46k miles, comptech;intake,powertech kit,which is a mild reground cam-port polish of heads.DC; headers,exhaust,no cats.Stock obd-2 ecu.Trannie;short gears,4.55 rp.Wheels;17/9.5,275/40/17 tires.What I'm impressed with is that the ecu did pretty well with a/f untill near redline when the car starts to lean out.The tunner running the dyno thought that changing to higher rate injectors might help at the top end.Also the gains quoted by CT for this kit are substantiated by these results,and then some.Unfortunatly I never dynoed the car before so don't know actual gains,but this is exciting news for those like me who are interested in biulding NA motors.With earlier ecu's and more agressive tunning plus Higher comp,pistons the 3-L motors can aproach 120hp/L benchmark of the s2000.BTW my car is perfectly streetable and has ~15k miles with the powertec kit.

I've driven a NA car with the Comptech cams and I was very impressed. Nice linear usable power. Power at VTEC is explosive to the point that I said "WOW!"

MB mentioned before that a customer dynoed his car with the cams, then with the cams + ported heads, and the gain was only in the 5 RWHP area.

Looks like you gained nearly 40 RWHP over stock (taking into account the exhaust mods).

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Goddamn! I'm happy and you know why
biggrin.gif

------------------
G Dummy~

if you think I'm selling my go-fast parts to go back to stock, you are way wrong my friend ;)

280 rwhp is very impressive for just I/H/E!I'd like to hear from others who have plots of NA motors to see how far we can go and be streetable.I remember that the old realtime nsx had~340hp,but was told that was'nt a streetable package.From looking at the dyno day results from Tx 3L motors were in the 240-265rwhp,with I/H/E.

To Lud or anyone who knows. What do you exactly mean by slight reground of the cam. Did Comptech regrind your cams and also they port and polished the heads or did they just slighty regrind the cam?

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
I've driven a NA car with the Comptech cams and I was very impressed. Nice linear usable power. Power at VTEC is explosive to the point that I said "WOW!"

MB mentioned before that a customer dynoed his car with the cams, then with the cams + ported heads, and the gain was only in the 5 RWHP area.

Looks like you gained nearly 40 RWHP over stock (taking into account the exhaust mods).

Cheers,
-- Chris

All, What I said precisely was, that the car we were talking about had CT themselves put the IEM Pak on, and when the customer wanted to transfer his parts to his new NSX, I advised that was impractical and costly. It would basically involve swapping cylinder heads. Instead, we just swapped the cams. The car had gained exactly 28 hp from the original IEM package, and the cams alone added 23 to the car we added them too, which meant the remaining cyl hd work yeilded AT MOST 5 hp. I say "at most" because we do not know what the effect of removing the more aggressive cams has on the flow work done.

Jon, I hope you check your valve springs every valve adjustment (at least). I have seen them break quite regularly on CT IEM packages.

Cheers,
MB

Thanx for the advice MB,I will.If there was a spring failure would it be a subtle problem to detect or would there be catostrophic failure?

Originally posted by docjohn:
Thanx for the advice MB,I will.If there was a spring failure would it be a subtle problem to detect or would there be catostrophic failure?

I guess if the spring fails and drops the valves down and smack the pistons, it wouldn't be anything less than catostrophic. I'm surprised though that Comptech would sell such unreliable parts?

------------------
G Dummy~

if you think I'm selling my go-fast parts to go back to stock, you are way wrong my friend ;)

I asked the same question of Bruce the tuner,he explained that the peak hp of 289 was inbetween the 100 rpm intervals on the spread sheets so it is not recorded,iow it would have been between 7600-7900rpm because there are 99 rpm unacounted for between each printed 100rpm designation.

Back