• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Red w/ Chrome Wheels Spotted in NJ

Hey everyone, just thought I'd bring this up since it's been sitting in back of my mind for some time now. I was at a Taco Bell in Belleville, NJ several months ago when I spotted a red NSX with chrome aftermarket wheels sitting in the parking lot. Okay I'll admit- being a Jersey resident, I don't see a whole lot of NSX's at all. Hardly ever actually. So when I saw this beauty sitting right in the parking lot, I decided to check her out by driving around in circles. Okay, I was just coming out of the drive through at the time and I didn't want to get out of my car to make it too obvious. I try to be very discreet about these things. So after checking out the NSX from the comfort of my own car, I drive home- only to realize that I had forgotten to get my change because I was so eagar to get back into the parking lot to drool over the car. Needless to say, I went back, but by the time I did the NSX was already gone. So my question is, does it belong to anyone in this community? Or maybe you guys just know who it might belong to? While looking at the car, I didn't even bother to look at the plates, so I don't know whether it's even a New Jerzian or not. Maybe the driver just got a craving for Taco Bell while crossing the state? Who knows.

It was not me I have silver
smile.gif

So did they give you your change when you went back? Inquiring minds want to know.

BTW, it's spelled New Jerseyan - but I guess you have to be a native to know that.

Yea, luckily the guy remembered and returned my change without any problems. As for the proper spelling of a New Jersey native, it was just something I used to describe myself. I didn't actually think there was an official term for it. But thanks for the correction anyway.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
You can take the boy out of New Jersey, but you can't take New Jersey out of the boy.

Where in New Jersey were you originally from? I live in the Essex area myself.

[This message has been edited by RaptorX (edited 08 August 2002).]

I'm not sure if it was me or not, but back in May I was up in the New Hope, PA / Lambertville, NJ area on a vacation weekend with the wife. I drove my Red NSX with polished OEM 5 star rims. It has a NC license tag reading 'NEVESNSX'.... Of course my wife, Neve, claimed the NSX when we registered the tags.....(and as a Nice hubby, I didn't mind) -It's probably a way to scare off women when I'm alone driving it
;-D ---DOAH!

------------------
Biaggi
92 Red NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Originally posted by RaptorX:
Where in New Jersey were you originally from? I live in the Essex area myself.

In Clifton, near the Broad St exit from Route 3, less than a mile from Bloomfield (Essex County).

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
In Clifton, near the Broad St exit from Route 3, less than a mile from Bloomfield (Essex County).

No way! I live right on the border between Nutley and Clifton, across from what is now the 'Clifton Commons' which is next to the ITT facilities. Are you familiar with that area? It's cool to find someone else in the community that is originally from around here. Awesome!

Yeah, you're right near Hoffman-La Roche or whatever they're calling themselves these days (lots of mergers in that industry, which is why I'm on NSXprime all day long now)... Way too familiar with the area, although I don't get back there all that often now.

Originally posted by Biaggi:
reading 'NEVESNSX'.... Of course my wife, Neve, claimed the NSX when we registered the tags.....(and as a Nice hubby, I didn't mind) -

Nevermind. Steve whassssup!! I got the test pipes on, did the valve job ,and luckily changed the spark plugs. The old ones were never gapped. Dealer install. Thank you again for everything
Charles and Cheryl

Back