• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Security Alarm System Disable

Has anyone disabled their factory alarm system? I understand that it is located under the glove box. Does anyone have any information on "How To Disarm?" I don't want to mess up anything. My factory alarm keeps going off with lights and horn after being armed for about an hour. I have even disconnected the pin switches but negitive results. So... Any and all info is of great help!

Briank said:
See the online service manual starting on Page 1288 of the PDF file (Sec 23 page 304)

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991_svcman/1991_svcman.htm

Brian,

I recently had problems with my factory alarm being triggered by my Clifford alarm. This only happens after I press the button to disable my Clifford alarm. Can I pull the 22-P and 16-P connectors listed on page 1296 to disable my factory alarm and allow my Clifford alarm to continue to work? If not, are there any other options?

1TITENSX said:
Brian,

I recently had problems with my factory alarm being triggered by my Clifford alarm. This only happens after I press the button to disable my Clifford alarm.

That shouldn't be happening - the OEM shouldn't even be arming unless the installer made special effort (as I did on mine) to have it arm when the car is locked using the Cliffird remote (OEM would normally only arm when locked with the key - with exception of systems with Keyless entry). I had to take a trigger from the door lock position sensor via diodes back into the OEM to have it 'think' it was being set via the same input as the keyswitch normally triggers.

Some further questions
- you say factory alarm is being triggered - what happens, the OEM horns sound?
- Does this do this EVERY time you disarm the Clifford (you said 'disable' - I assume you meant disarm - please correct me if I misunderstood your intent)
- Does it alarm as soon as you disarm the Clifford, or only when you open the door?
- when you 'arm' the system with the Clifford remote, does the "Security" indicator on the door flash? (indicating OEM alarm is armed also)
- Is there by chance an OEM keyless entry module still installed? If so try removing that. (I can only assume the OEM keyless entry uses similar technique as I did to latch into the alarm system via the key input - the lock position itself has no bearing on arming the OEM alarm system.)

D'Ecosse said:
Some further questions
- you say factory alarm is being triggered - what happens, the OEM horns sound? Lights flicker (factory alarm horns are disconnected)
- Does this do this EVERY time you disarm the Clifford (you said 'disable' - I assume you meant disarm - please correct me if I misunderstood your intent) For now it has been intermittent...yep, I meant disarm
- Does it alarm as soon as you disarm the Clifford, or only when you open the door? when I disarm the alarm
- when you 'arm' the system with the Clifford remote, does the "Security" indicator on the door flash? (indicating OEM alarm is armed also) No
- Is there by chance an OEM keyless entry module still installed? If so try removing that. (I can only assume the OEM keyless entry uses similar technique as I did to latch into the alarm system via the key input - the lock position itself has no bearing on arming the OEM alarm system.) How do I remove it.

Answers are in red.

You didn't actually answer the last question, although I assume by asking 'how do you remove it' means it's there?
If it's there you should be able to just unplug it.

The lights 'flickering' - is this an actual OEM alarm trigger for sure?
Does it stay flashing or momentary couple of flashes? The OEM alarm condition flashed the headlights, side markers & tail-lights for two minutes unless dis-armed.

Your door 'security' indicator should flash if the OEM alrm has been set - although it is not unusual for the plug to this to get disconnected while door panels are removed. Try locking your door with the key (not the Clifford remote) & see if the security indicator illuminates. If it does by this method then it means that the OEM is NOT being armed under the Clifford remote arm & something in the Clifford system would be what's flashing the lights.

Back