• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Long Beach Blue Pearl

This color is new for 2002. I had been wondering what it looked like and how it compared with the previous blues used on the NSX. So... today I stopped by Acura of Libertyville to see the one they've got listed on eBay, before it gets sold.

It reminds me a lot of the Monte Carlo Blue Pearl. It's definitely blue, not a navy that could be mistaken for black. It's not "shocking blue" and does not have the purple overtones, unlike the Monaco Blue Pearl used in '00-01. It's more of a medium-to-dark, "true" blue. VERY nice. In fact, it looks a lot like the Monte Carlo Blue Pearl; without seeing the two side by side, it's tough to figure out what the difference is at all.

Those who wanted to buy a new car in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl and were sorry when it was discontinued, should find the Long Beach Blue Pearl most satisfactory.

Incidentally, this car also has the blue interior. The blue used on the interior is navy blue, including the leather, carpet, etc.

Originally posted by Soichiro:
keN - what did you think of the blue interior?

My feelings about it are mixed. OT1H, being as dark as it is, it's rather unobtrusive; OTOH, it's not that strikingly different from black.

My personal opinion is that I am not a big fan of dyed leather; my favorite NSX interior color is the tan/camel, and I think it goes great with the blue exterior. Just my O.

I wanted to buy that particular car when Acura of Libertyville was changing my oil a few weeks ago. If it would have been a black interior I think I would have taken it home. I just kept thinking I would regret that blue every time got in the car, it was just too funky for me. The blue interior is very similar to the metropol blue color that Porsche uses in the Boxster and 996. It is a distinct navy color. Not my favorite, but others may like it. The exterior color on the other hand looks so sweet!!!

Just want to put my quick .02 in; I had the same delima about the Blue / Blue before I bought my '02 - Loved the Exterior color but was not too sure on the blue interior. I must say though after owning it for a couple months, the blue interior is great; very unique and I am very pleased with the color combo
smile.gif
.....just thought I would share.

having had a car with a very limited color interior before, i will never do it again. i kept the car for a long time and over time, of course the interior got a bit worn here and there. finding replacement parts in the proper color was absolutely impossible, everything had to be fabricated from scratch and was obviously absurdly expensive. as great as it is having a unique color, i'll never do it again for that reason alone. its hard enough finding white floor mats these days, good luck with blue floormats!!!
smile.gif

Originally posted by BlueNSX:
I have a tan interior on my Monaco Blue Pearl.Yeah!!!

Tan

Well, I wondered if I would ever run across anyone else with that combination. I've seen a number of Monaco/blacks, but you are the first (besides me) that I'm aware of with Monaco/Camel. Hope you'll be at NSXPO!

S.L. Henry

Originally posted by nsxtasy:

My personal opinion is that I am not a big fan of dyed leather; my favorite NSX interior color is the tan/camel, and I think it goes great with the blue exterior. Just my O.

Or Red interior with a dash of black here and there goes great with the Blue exterior!
biggrin.gif

If only the Zanardi's came in LB Blue....sigh...
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 29 August 2002).]

Back