• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WHY I THINK NSX IS EXOTIC.....

I encountered these incidents this past week, and I simply cannot put up with this anymore...
Incident One: Stopped by a local gas station to fill up my tank, and this woman (along with her husband in a van)rolled down her window and yelled
"What kind of car is that?" (woman)
"It is an Acura NSX"(me)
"A what?" (woman)
" NSX made by acura " (me)
" Never knew that acura make those kind of cars." (confused woman +confused husband)
Incident 2: Parked in front of Popeye's chicken and went in for dinner. When I came out, a teenager (15+ years old) and his mom were standing beside my car amazed.
"Can I help with anything" (me)
" Holy cow, is this the car they use in Gran Turismo 3 (AKA GT3)" (kid)
" Yes, its the Acura NSX"
"Son, when you make big buck you can have one of those." (mom)
Incident 3: Waiting the light to turn green, a lady (20+ years old) rolled down her window and said
"Eh...may I ask you a question about your car?" (woman)
"Go ahead" (me)
"Where is the engine?" (lady)
"In the back, right here.. (pointed my finger at the engine bay")"
"Common you gotta be kiddin, where is the engine at?" (woman)
"In the back (kept pointing my finger in the same direction."
She drove of and gave me this confused smile, I think she probably thought that I was BSing her.
Should I go on?
JACK

I got stuff like that all the time when I worked for a Ferrari and Porsche dealership. People would make up a reason to start talking to me, like asking what time it was or how to get to some obvious street.

Wow, didn't thonk there were that many people here in SoCal that STILL DON'T know what an NSX is (at least most commuters that I've ran into here in San Gabriel Valley area knew what it is)....And I thought we both live in Los Angeles area, the NSX capital of the world. Go fig.

I live in Irvine as well and I have ran into both kinds. They have been all very positive experiences.

My neighbor's 12 year old friends were playing out front. When I opened the garage door, he walked over to take a closer peek. I asked if he knew what kind of car it was and without a hesitation, he said an NSX.

Another neighbor was walking with his family. When I went out to pick up my newspaper, the husband said "Nice NSX!" I said thanks! Then I turned around and realized that the car was under a car cover.

I was on the fast lane on 405 driving with my neighbor behind me, he also has a sebring silver. An older jeep was sandwiched in the middle for a mile or so. I thought he wanted to pass me. So I move over to let him pass. As he passed me, he gave me a thumbs up and a big grin.

Love the car!

Originally posted by NSXLNT:
Jack, proper response to 20 year old lady: "why don't you let me give you a ride so you can see where the engine is?"

What about letting the engine speaks by itself?

To the lady: Just listen and put your attention just behind me!

Originally posted by jackmac:
I encountered these incidents this past week, and I simply cannot put up with this anymore...

I think this is one of the BEST reasons for having this car. I love when people notice the car and ask questions about it. I always answer with a smile. I don't find this type of behavior annoying at all.
confused.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

drove to john wayne airport to pick up family, (nice taxi)

van full of kids all put their noses up to the window when it drove pass me with wide open eyes, it was great!

JackMac
I am in irvine as well, where are you?

CDube
the jeep almost ran into you trying to give you his thumbs up
smile.gif

Edit: Come to think of it, we now have 3 within the Irvine city, we may just top the nsx density topic that was going around on the list few days back
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by SilverOne (edited 27 August 2002).]

There are at least 15-20 NSXs in Irvine.

Originally posted by SilverOne:
drove to john wayne airport to pick up family, (nice taxi)

van full of kids all put their noses up to the window when it drove pass me with wide open eyes, it was great!

JackMac
I am in irvine as well, where are you?

CDube
the jeep almost ran into you trying to give you his thumbs up
smile.gif

Edit: Come to think of it, we now have 3 within the Irvine city, we may just top the nsx density topic that was going around on the list few days back
smile.gif

------------------
www.acrmotorsports.com / 949-929-8973

I have a summer home in flagstaff and most have no clue what type of car it is. Most think it's a ferrari. I also have a kit cobra and alot of people didn't know what that was.

Originally posted by hk4site:
I have a summer home in flagstaff and most have no clue what type of car it is. Most think it's a ferrari. I also have a kit cobra and alot of people didn't know what that was.

I live in a small town too. I was always getting the "is that a Ferrari". I solved my problem with a personalized plate...NOTA4RE.

Originally posted by steveny:
I live in a small town too. I was always getting the "is that a Ferrari". I solved my problem with a personalized plate...NOTA4RE.

your plate is "NOTA4RE" then I think I have seen you before.. and my friends too.

Guys,
What really shocked me is that still a lot of people have not yet seen a NSX before, espeically in LA/OC, where you see nothing but exotic/fast cars.
Silverone: I actually live in Torrance but visit my girlfriend down in Irvine. She lives near Northwood, how bout you?
JACK

In traffic on Beach Blvd. near the 405 in Huntington Beach at a red light. My NSX was three cars behind others at an intersection. Utility Van to my left in the other lane honked his horn just to say that I have a beautiful NSX, one he has not seen ever in the Monaco Blue Pearl. Others in traffic heard him since he yelled it out to make sure I heard him. Way Cool. My nephews friends gawk at it when I pick him up for an ice cream outing. It can go on and on...

Tan
Extremely Satisfied NSX owner.

you guys think you get it bad in Cali, man I'm in Indiana where people turn their heads for a Benz 190!

I had a woman in her mid/late 30's ask me today if it was a new Mustang. She was so good looking , it could be whatever she wants it to be. Her friend insisted it was a new Corvette. I was filling up at a gas station and a little kid was calling out to his mother " mom, that's one of those cars in my video game"

So what's the record of the most times asked that question in one trip?

Mine is 3 times in under 20 minutes! Two different cars at two consecutive stoplights and once in the parking lot.

Silverone: I actually live in Torrance but visit my girlfriend down in Irvine.

Jackmac, I keep forgetting you live there. With all the time I spend in Torrance, I'm surprised I haven't come across you yet....

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by jackmac:
Incident One: Stopped by a local gas station to fill up my tank, and this woman (along with her husband in a van)rolled down her window and yelled
"What kind of car is that?" (woman)
"It is an Acura NSX"(me)
"A what?" (woman)
" NSX made by acura " (me)
" Never knew that acura make those kind of cars." (confused woman +confused husband)
Incident 2: Parked in front of Popeye's chicken and went in for dinner. When I came out, a teenager (15+ years old) and his mom were standing beside my car amazed.
"Can I help with anything" (me)
" Holy cow, is this the car they use in Gran Turismo 3 (AKA GT3)" (kid)
" Yes, its the Acura NSX"
"Son, when you make big buck you can have one of those." (mom)
Incident 3: Waiting the light to turn green, a lady (20+ years old) rolled down her window and said
"Eh...may I ask you a question about your car?" (woman)
"Go ahead" (me)
"Where is the engine?" (lady)
"In the back, right here.. (pointed my finger at the engine bay")"
"Common you gotta be kiddin, where is the engine at?" (woman)
"In the back (kept pointing my finger in the same direction."
She drove of and gave me this confused smile, I think she probably thought that I was BSing her.
Should I go on?
JACK

JACK YOU CRACK ME UP SO BAD.LOL

Back