• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will a 2000 ABS unit work in my 91

Just wondering if an ABS unit from a 2000 NSX-T will work in a 91?

I read the specs & they upgraded the ABS on the 2000 model. Don't know what was changed though.

Also does the Manual 2000 NSX-t have power steering?

I'm looking at buying a lot of parts from this model just want to make sure everything is compatible.

Any info would be helpful
Thanks
Wayne

Also the power steering would require a computer and different sensors and numerous other parts which can be made compatible but would require a lot of work. Best to leave that one alone.

ATERPAK said:
Also the power steering would require a computer and different sensors and numerous other parts which can be made compatible but would require a lot of work. Best to leave that one alone.

Could the Power steering Assy be removed from the rack & used normally?
I assume the NSX uses an electric stepper motor for the assist, Is it a removable unit or is it all integral with the rack?

Thanks
Wayne

EIFFEL said:
The abs modulator is different and lines will not match up, also the abs computer is different.

Thanks for the Info, So at worst I have to make some brakelines & change abs computer. Are the connector plugs the same?

Thanks
Wayne

whrdnsx said:
Could the Power steering Assy be removed from the rack & used normally?
I assume the NSX uses an electric stepper motor for the assist, Is it a removable unit or is it all integral with the rack?
You'll find a lot of posts about that in the search, e.g. this thread . Keep in mind that the power steering only works below a certain speed so you have no steering assist in most driving situations although you have power steering. The difference of the steering feel between different model years are mainly from the different rack and pinion relations not because of the power assist.

Back