• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many aviators do we have?

Lately I've been seeing some reference in the threads to flying. How many members do we have that have civilian, military or commercial flying? I had 20 years flying jets in the Navy and 10 years commercial. Fast cars, fast bikes, fast planes and fast ......

raven said:
Lately I've been seeing some reference in the threads to flying. How many members do we have that have civilian, military or commercial flying? I had 20 years flying jets in the Navy and 10 years commercial. Fast cars, fast bikes, fast planes and fast ......

You may want to try moving this to the 'Off Topic' section to get more response since this area is more NSX related. By the way....no, I cannot fly. :D

raven said:

Hi Raven, I am thinking about taking lessons, do you have any suggestions, hints? PM me

56k warning!

Been flying too long.

Rather talk 'bout NSX's :biggrin:

My current daily driver:

n794sw.jpg

My office:

FR9702a2.JPG

My former rides:

n746sa.jpg

acssb737.jpg

Ryan737.jpg

polaraircargo747sep3000lax.jpg

jas1885.jpg

CL65 Captain said:
Me too... bought my NSX the week before Chapter 11! :biggrin:

Sorry to hear Chp 11. There are many families going through hard times now in aviation. My heart goes out to all in dire straits.

Private license at 18.
About 9 years in Air Force. T-37, T-38, T-37 Instructor, and my reward for being kept after training as an instructor. KC-135.
Retired Jun 1 from Delta. 10 years early for the lump sum, too much to lose in BK.
Boeing 727
737/200/300/800
767/200/300/300ER/400ER

Sulley

Sulley said:
Private license at 18.
About 9 years in Air Force. T-37, T-38, T-37 Instructor, and my reward for being kept after training as an instructor. KC-135.
Retired Jun 1 from Delta. 10 years early for the lump sum, too much to lose in BK.
Boeing 727
737/200/300/800
767/200/300/300ER/400ER

Sulley

Sulley, Sorry to about Delta's BK. I think you did the smart thing with early retirement though. Now take your car and run back & forth over your suitcase! :biggrin:

ppl since 1999
cherokee 140 owner
low & slow :cool:

brother building lancair IVP :biggrin:
awaiting shakeout. twinturbo'd V8

i managed to log ~20 hrs on my private before being early career financially hampered. then about 10 yrs later, soloed glider (wanted to see what it was like) then stopped.

a friend (former navy aviator) and i are considering buying a long-eze (like nsx, value-performance ratio is awesome, relatively minor maint issues) so are going through a "cooling off period" as we speak. if we decide to move forward, i'll need to wrap things up.

Achieved my PPL in Hong Kong 1994. Had plans to go commercial but constraints on time and money that come with a new family ensured that I kept working as an engineer...

I still love flying though...

There is quite a high correlation between NSX ownership and pilot experience. In most groups that have no association with flying - say, your co-workers, or members of your house of worship - you'll typically find maybe 2-3 percent have any flying experience (anything from a few lessons as a student to professional pilots). At NSXPO 2001, in Wisconsin, I took a show of hands of how many people had flown a plane, and about a third of those present had done so.

I have almost 400 hours as a private pilot, with ratings for ASEL, ASES, and gliders, and quite a bit of aerobatics.

Does a failed aviator count?

I was disqualified from Navy AOCS for being 1/2" too tall. :frown:

You flyboys make me jealous.

nsx2tall said:
Does a failed aviator count?

I was disqualified from Navy AOCS for being 1/2" too tall. :frown:

You flyboys make me jealous.
You may have lost your military service, but you gained a username! :D

Briank said:
Just started should have 4.8 hours by the end of the week.
Terrific! At Waukesha? I'd been thinking about taking a loaner over there to go flying while getting my car serviced at Acura of Brookfield, especially since it's just down the street...

Yes Waukesha, Crites Field UES http://www.critesfield.com/ it’s less then a 10 min. drive from my house which is right by AOB. The FBO is Waukesha Flying Services http://www.waukeshaflyingservices.com/so far they have been very good to me and their equipment is in nice shape and well taken care of. Even though it’s a major hub for corporate jets, Quad Graphics, GE ... its still a very relaxed place. I have been mostly flying the Cessna 172SP except when I managed to make it bleed brake fuild. :eek: I guess i don't need to practice my threshold braking while pre-flighting the airplane.

Back