• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best looking rear wing spoiler for your NSX

Originally posted by huckster:
oem. i could see a oem style that was slightly taller than stock, but same lines. anybody aware of such a spoiler??

You may want to take a look at the Comptech Aggressor wing. It is what I consider to be a "mild" enhancement to the lines of the stock unit. I considered it for a good while before deciding to go with something more aggressive.

I chose the Burn-Up rear wing which, in my opinion (the key to all of this), is louder while still working well with the original design of the rear end. By the way, the Burn-Up parts that I have seen, hood and rear wing, have very good workmanship and fitment.

I always liked the stock wing, as I think it was influenced by the back of the Porsche 959. These days, however, every car has a spoiler, and something more agressive is nicer. As a pupil of the MYNSX school of car design, the golden rule is "balance is key".

The new NSX-R has lower side sills than the '01 model, and the slightly raised wing gives the car a certain balance that the stock model seems to lack. When I added my WW kit, I left the stock wing on for a week, but it didn't look right anymore. I then added the Comptech Aggressor and I have grown to like it more each day. I'm not crazy about the way it looks from the front, but from the side and back it looks factory.

I purchased the Burn-Up wing, but found that it would make my car look a bit top-heavy and didn't install it. Had I gone with more aggressive side sills, it would have balanced out the design. I think a lot depends on what other body mods you plan to incorporate, and the width of the wheels you have.

With stock bodywork or a WW kit, I think the NSX-R (OEM or copy) wing is the nicest, followed by the Comptech. If your car is wider on the bottom, you can go with something bigger and wider like the Burn-Up or one of the tall aluminum/carbon-fiber wings that are available.

Now, weather you should paint your wing black, body color, or get carbon-fiber is another matter.

Ditto to MAJOR STONER, it's all about the balance. If anyone is looking for a JGTC style wing, let me know. I bought one that was custom fabricated for the NSX it looks & fits perfect if you like the rice...oh, I mean race car look. I would have to say that it looks better than the Taitec JGTC 500, Marga Hills, & maybe the Burn Up wings because it's width perfectly matches a non-widebody NSX. However, after running w/ it for a weekend, w/ a stock body, it just doesn't balance out right in respect to the lines of the rest of the NSX. I'll be putting it up for sale soon in Marketplace.

Major Stoner was kind enough to sell me his burn up wing which ive grown to love and compliments my lecher side steps and ww front lip ......if only someone could get me the marga hills rear spats for a decent price my car would be complete .... i have only one problem with the burn up wing,,,,it blocks most of the usable visability of the rear view mirror and makes it hard for me to spot boagies at a distance creeping up on me .

Back