1) Get the cable lube up by someone who knows about the car. To prevent expensive replacement of the cable, replace the plastic clip with the metal one (you can order them from scienceofspeed.com).
2) How much vibration is it. Could be engine mounting. Larry any suggestion?
3) There is a wire under the passenger footwell that you can jumper. Once jumpered switch on the car and see how much blink the CEL do. First long blink represent the first digit and the second fast blinks is the second digit.
4) You might want to service the starter. Cheap.
5) First off all check the car history. Ever done timing belt replacement, if not better do it fast.
6) Put some warm blanket in the corner of the garage.
Originally Posted by cambotwist