• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

One year anniversary of becoming a NSX owner - a look back..

Its almost exactly one year ago that I bought my first Nsx. I bought a 2002 Nsx, New Formula red with black leather interior. It was the most expensive car I had ever bought, but it was something that I worked very hard for, and frankly, deserved. Its helped me relax on hundreds of occasions, gotten my blood pumping whenever I rocketed onto the freeway, allowed me to meet lots of interesting people through ownership/Nsxprime.

First picture of the car I took :

DSC05553.JPG

It had those horrible chrome wheels, and suprisingly, three of the four wheels were bent. The two front tires were worn out and showing cords.

In addition to having all four wheels stripped, and then refinished in silver, replacing all the tires, over the last year I also :

Had an alignment done
Installed Dc sports headers
Installed Comptech muffler
Installed intake duct
Installed fenders, door clear bra myself
Had the bumper clear bra'ed done by a professional :frown:
Replaced the windshield that was cracked by a rock on the highway
Replaced the rear view mirror that was never the same after the new windshield.
Replaced the front lower plastic trim on the bumper
Replaced the shift knob
Installed new alarm system due to car dealership, or previous owner, or both losing original remote controls
Installed Smartenna
Redid the window tint with a lighter shade
Hand washed, and waxed it myself with Griots Garage products many a time.

I love this car, and look forward to many more years of ownership. I generally dont own cars very long (ie, 1-2 years) however I dont see myself tiring of this car anytime soon. Its my dream car, and Im loving it !

Now a picture of my awesome car, and my awesome Gf of almost 3.5 years when we were at the beach this last weekend : (Edit, gf is paranoid of losers/freaks getting ahold of her picture so I have to edit this, how ridiculous, I cant even post a picture of my car and gf on the internet !)

Nsxoneyearanniversary.jpg

Last edited:
Modernceo said:
Now a picture of my awesome car, and my awesome Gf of almost 3.5 years when we were at the beach this last weekend : (Edit, gf is paranoid of losers/freaks getting ahold of her picture so I have to edit this, how ridiculous, I cant even post a picture of my car and gf on the internet !)

Nice car and mods! The photo reminds me of this one: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=516324&postcount=13
:)

Oh, so you don't think we sicko's won't mess with her pic w/o her face. Here you go:

Attachments

• Nsxoneyearanniversary.jpg
    Nsxoneyearanniversary.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 418
Thank you guys for your warm praise and funny photoshop work.

I thought my gf of several years would see that there was no harm in posting a picture of her and my car. But, she really didnt care for it. I would have just deleted the entire thread but couldnt, so I did the best I could by editing her picture and making her happy, but yet keeping the thread up.

:smile:

Shumdit said:
Since you are not showing us her face, how about the birthday suit version? LOL

HEY, NOW! :biggrin:

Just a question for you - you stated you replaced the shift knob; was this because the leather was worn or did you simply want to replace it with a different knob ?
just curious

wagyshag said:
Just a question for you - you stated you replaced the shift knob; was this because the leather was worn or did you simply want to replace it with a different knob ?
just curious

The shift knob had some wear near the top, where it looks like the original owner wore a ring of some sort (while driving/shifting), and it damaged the leather. I was just being a little too picky/anal and decided to get a brand new oem shift knob.

where it looks like the original owner wore a ring of some sort (while driving/shifting), and it damaged the leather.

That's exactly the reason of not wearing my ring, Guys, take notes...

Oh, it also hurt when you are drying your towel, and a possibility of scratching your car.

Back