• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1993 Sebring Silver Rear Damage JH4NA1153PT000424

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is with great sadness that I announce the sale of my beloved 1993 Sebring Silver NSX. This is an extremely rare car, one of only 26 manual transmission Sebring Silvers in 1993, the last year of the color.

The car was involved in an incident at Road America and hit the wall in the right rear corner. The rear frame rail is bent. This is not a cheap repair.

The car had 99k at the time of the accident (trans and top end of engine was rebuilt at 79k or so). I bought it from a prime member in 2003 with 71k. It was impeccably maintained by AoB, and I had planned to keep it for a long time. I will get another one.

Here is the original sale thread from when I purchased the car in 2003:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15803

The engine and transmission have been inspected by Acura of Brookfield and are in working order. The engine is very strong, having dyno'd at 261 rwhp and 202 rwtq in 2005, with just an exhaust and Cantrell AIS. The top end of the engine was rebuilt in 2003, as was the transmision, both by AoB, at a cost of over $4000 (after significant discounts). The car ran and drove after the incident, but has now been sitting for about a month.

Dyno here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50726

The car is perfect from the B-pillars forward. The only damage to the front was a cracked windshield. The interior is in excellent shape, the stereo in complete working order (briank had just replaced one of the door amps).

I am not initially inclined to part the car, and would prefer to sell it complete, as is. I would consider selling the engine and transmission separately and perhaps some of the parts, depending upon interest.

Asking price for the complete car is $13,000.00. I am open to offers.

As noted below, the title is clean. I kept the car when the insurance company paid out for the incident, so it never changed hands. The title that will come with the car is the title that was issued when I purchased the car in 2003.

There are no warranties or guarantees, strictly "as-is".

Please PM me for additional info. Pictures (before and after) are below. The car is being sold with the original 15/16 wheels as in the third picture. The right rear fender has been removed. The rear bumper cover has now been removed, as has the exhaust. Otherwise, the car is complete.

117_1721.jpg

117_1719.jpg

117_1726sm.jpg

Here is a "before" shot:

105_0586.jpg

Last edited:
dave22 said:
Has a salvage title been issued?

No. The title is clean and the same title that was issued when I bought the car from Kenric in 2003. I kept the car when the insurance company paid out, and it never formally changed hands.

The sale has been completed. The car was picked up by the transporter today. Thanks to all who were interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back