• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone going to the NSX Fiesta?

The NSX Fiesta 2000 will be held on Nov. 18 and 19 at MOTEGI (Japan).

I've heard this is a very cool event. Is anyone planning to attend? How can I get more information?

I need to start early in order to convince the Missus...
wink.gif

Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Originally posted by Jimbo:
The NSX Fiesta 2000 will be held on Nov. 18 and 19 at MOTEGI (Japan).

I've heard this is a very cool event.

Yes, it is. But don't forget to put NSXPO 2000 on your calendar, too! October 20-24 in Atlanta, with a track event at Road Atlanta October 23-24. And a lot easier for those in North America to drive to...

I know!!! How am I going to convince Mrs. Jimbo to go to both events?

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of work around the house this summer.
wink.gif

Hopefully, someone will have more detailed info on the Fiesta.

Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Definately going to NSXPO! I got tired of trying to convince my wife, so I just decided to bring her along.
smile.gif
Road Atlanta is a fun course and a good time is sure to be had by all.

Not too practical sinec you can't drive to Japan. I would imagine if the 9,000 miles didn't get me, the 3 mile deep trenches would...
smile.gif
Would love to go, but why show up if you are without your NSX. Kind of like showing up at a pool party with no swinsuit... well, scratch that analogy, I don't think that would stop olde Jimbo here.
wink.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

Anyone going to NSX Fiesta 2002 ??

Tentative program this year includes:

11/15(Fri.) NSX Factory and Collection Hall (Twin Ring Motegi) -- stay at Hotel Twin Ring

11/16(Sat.) Activities in Twin Ring Motegi and move to Nagoya, stay in Nagoya

11/17(Sun.) JGTC race at Suzuka, stay at Suzuka Circuit Hotel

11/18(Mon.) NSX Fiesta at Suzuka, stay at Suzuka Circuit Hotel

11/19-20 (TBD) Move to Tokyo, visit to some shops

Originally posted by s2ktaxi:
I would love to go if I someone organizes a trip. I went in '98 and would love to go again...
Hey, I know I won't be able to go in 2002, but keep me in mind for 2003. The things I heard and have seen look awesome. I'd love the experience. NSXPO's have been THE BEST! (And, You can say I'm half way there anyways!)

If there is anyone out there that could keep me up to date for next years, I'd seriously consider going. [A.V., How about it?]...Aloha

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 16 September 2002).]

Originally posted by Joel:
Man, you pulled this thread from way back in the ancient files!
Hey -- the event is THIS weekend
biggrin.gif

Tentative (revised) program for this year includes:
- NSX Fiesta activities -- Suzuka track drives, parade laps and photo-ops with JGTC, autocross, car control clinics, seminars, test drives, meals and vendor salon
- JGTC race at Suzuka (F1 course)
- additional activites include visits to NSX assembly plant (Tochigi), Honda Museum and other facilties (Motegi) and visits to several Toyko-area shops (MACS, AUTOBACS, Taitec, Advance, etc)

We just got back today, hosted by our friend Hirofumi Tomiyoshi, Vice President of the NSX Club of Japan. What a GREAT time...

Highlights included:
- visiting Honda HQ in Tokyo, and several car and parts dealers (MACS, Autobacs, Phase, Advance)... several extreme cars on view there
- over 200 NSXs including a good representation of rare colors like Imola Orange, 3 types of green, 4 types of white, etc. Many new cars, and several extremely modified cars...
- JGTC race, round 8 -- NSX from ARTA/Autobacs team won, driven by the "drift king" (Keiichi Tsuchiya)
- meeting Honda bigwigs, including Uehara (lead R&D director, father of NSX and S2000)
- meeting several notable race drivers, including Tsuchiya, Kurosawa (Best Motoring lead driver) and Kunimitsu (LeMans winner)
- riding in several JDM cars -- besides Tomiyoshi's 95 NSX-R (white/red), I also rode in a Type S-Zero (blue) and a coupe
- riding Tomiyoshi-san's car with JGTC pilot around Suzuka (I had Hideki Okada, who races a detuned McLaren in GT500)
- riding the Shinkansen (bullet train) between Tokyo and Nagoya... covers 500 kilometers with 1 stop in under 2 hours
- visiting the Takanezawa plant in Tochigi -- final assembly plant for NSX, S2000 and Insight... their "refresh" and "custom order" sections were pretty cool (and $$$)
- visiting numerous Suzuka-area attractions (shops, go-karts, etc)
- visiting Twin-Ring Motegi and attractions (carts, side-by-side, Collection Hall, Fan Fun Club, etc)
- driving the Motegi Super Speedway (CART oval) and roadcourse (JGTC) following an ITR pacecar (RSX Type R)
- visiting "Mr Craft" store in Tokyo, possibly one of the best car model shops I've ever seen
- taking daytrip tours of Tokyo, admiring wonderful gardens, great big-city scenery and high-tech toilets (!)

Above all, the scenery and wonderful hospitality extended to us by Hirofumi and the NSX Club of Japan, as well as Honda. Wonderful hosts all.

More notes and pictures to follow.

The DREAM is indeed alive !!!

------------------
Manuel C
My Toys:
93 NSX : track-prepared
93 MBZ 300CE : some mods
97 Mazda MX5 : stock for now
93 Honda NH750

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 21 November 2002).]

Damn. Sounds totally awesome...like my dream trip to Japan (I have never been).

Don't know if NSX Fiesta will be in my future, but I'm definitely going to attend the next NSXPO in NoCal.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Great write up, sounded fun.

Did you get a chance to have any casual discussions with honda reps over there concerning the DN-X based production car or their future plans for the NSX?

I'm sure they would have been the first words out of your mouth here (or keyboard as it may be) if you had, but it doesn't hurt to ask..

Originally posted by MAKO:

Did you get a chance to have any casual discussions with honda reps over there concerning the DN-X based production car or their future plans for the NSX?

I'm sure they would have been the first words out of your mouth here (or keyboard as it may be) if you had, but it doesn't hurt to ask..
interesting... this brought out several "smiles" from folks as well, including Uehara-san (chief NSX designer).

What little I heard:
- 280 PS limit in Japan is supposedly for real
- Uehara does not believe you need more than 280 PS... someone asked him about a V8, etc
- we met the engine designer of the C32B motor, and he just smiled "no comment"
- Honda R&D is very secretive, even to the local folks
- they DID show a cool electric motorcycle, that had enough grunt to do pretty cool stunts

From what I've read around. . .the DNX will indeed make the showroom floor as a replacement for the RL. . .so this would imply that they're planning a different car for the NSX. . .this gets me happy. . .but reading Manual's post "Uehara does not believe you need more than 280 PS... someone asked him about a V8, etc" does not make me happy. . .this may imply that the next gen NSX will be a 280ps rear wheel drive car with an electric motor powering the front wheels.

BTW, this would be a great article for NSX Driver!

[This message has been edited by Ponyboy (edited 21 November 2002).]

I was also lucky enough to attend Fiesta this year. Writeup and photos on the way. Just dropped the film at the lab this morning.

Regarding the conversation we had with Mr. Uehara on engines and horsepower, he asked why we wanted more power, and if we had more power, could we effectively use it? He believes that most drivers will not be able to effectively use more than the current 290 horsepower, and a V8 or more power would add weight and upset the balance of the car. So, it looks like a V8 is unlikely, but I'd put my hopes on a 3.5L V6.

As for questions that one of the other Fiesta attendees asked about the new NSX, he simply crossed his arms in an "X" shape, and shook his head and smiled.

-Ben

Originally posted by nsx1164:
Originally posted by MAKO:

interesting... this brought out several "smiles" from folks as well, including Uehara-san (chief NSX designer).

What little I heard:
- 280 PS limit in Japan is supposedly for real
- Uehara does not believe you need more than 280 PS... someone asked him about a V8, etc
- we met the engine designer of the C32B motor, and he just smiled "no comment"
- Honda R&D is very secretive, even to the local folks
- they DID show a cool electric motorcycle, that had enough grunt to do pretty cool stunts

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited 21 November 2002).]

I completely agree with Mr. Uehara. 280ps is all the power you need in a car that weighs no more than 2000lbs.

If that is the direction they go with the next NSX then I will be one happy driver. If they can't get the car under 2000lbs then it needs more power. Basically I am looking for a pound to HP ratio of under 7to1 in the lightest car possible.

[This message has been edited by blurr (edited 22 November 2002).]

With all due respect to Mr. Uehara, the NSX needs more power. If it's to successfully compete with 911TT's, Z06's, Vipers, and now 333hp M3's then it either needs to be lightened or the hp needs to be bumped up. He's right though. 90% of drivers won't be able to use all of the 280hp the NSX has now. But 99% of drivers don't drive NSX's either. I know this has been discussed over and over but what the NSX needs from the factory:

- more hp. 350hp at least.
- porsche big red brake equivalent
- wider tires

Just IMO.

Good pics BTW. How do you get invited to one of these things again?
wink.gif

Originally posted by akira3d:
Damn. Sounds totally awesome...like my dream trip to Japan (I have never been).

Don't know if NSX Fiesta will be in my future, but I'm definitely going to attend the next NSXPO in NoCal.
Its DEFINITELY a dream trip... I think it becomes even more meaningful if you can speak/read the language.

NSX Fiesta is an event of HONDA for the NSX owners of Japan. In prior years they had more leeway to let foreigners in (1998 was the 50th anniversary of Honda), but things are pretty tight this year.

There are over 15 NSX clubs in Japan; the NSX Club of Japan is one of the largest ones. About 30+ cars (of over 200 in attendance) were from this club. Other large clubs include NSX-TC (touring club, mainly from Tokyo) and the NSX Owners Club of Yokohama.

NSXPO is a great effort, and truly a club event. I think that both events represent great ways to truly enjoy the ownership experience, in conjunction with the local-area events (club drives, etc).

The NSX Owners Club of Hong Kong holds club drives, often in conjunction with other marques. I think they go out almost every other weekend.

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 22 November 2002).]

Back