• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 US-Spec NSX Production Numbers

Ben said:
I'm trying to figure this out now, but it's hard, because for 1991, up until #000063, I can't get consistent results. I.E., most cars are not in the system, but a few are. The few that are, they don't have any Carfax records, which leads me to believe that they are all test cars or something so far. Starting with #63, they are consistently in the system, and all have Carfax records.
In case no one else mentioned it, it is believed that the first 62 '91 NSX's and were pre-production prototypes. Some of these have been accounted for in another thread. 000001 used to be in the factory lobby, I think.

NSXBill2 said:
In case no one else mentioned it, it is believed that the first 62 '91 NSX's and were pre-production prototypes. Some of these have been accounted for in another thread. 000001 used to be in the factory lobby, I think.
The last U.S. production NSX #238 is in the Showroom at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys Calif. I just saw it there this morning, and it is Yellow with Black interior. I think they're trying to get sticker price for it.

kingsnsx said:
The last U.S. production NSX #238 is in the Showroom at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys Calif. I just saw it there this morning, and it is Yellow with Black interior. I think they're trying to get sticker price for it.

Are you sure it's not #239? #238 is still not in American Honda's system. Either way, the last known one so far is #241.

Ben said:
Are you sure it's not #239? #238 is still not in American Honda's system. Either way, the last known one so far is #241.
I only looked at it for a minute so I'm not positive if it's 238 or 239 but they told me it was the last U.S. car. I'll be back there later today to pick up my car so I will check the number again.

kingsnsx said:
I only looked at it for a minute so I'm not positive if it's 238 or 239 but they told me it was the last U.S. car. I'll be back there later today to pick up my car so I will check the number again.

You can tell the that you know for a fact that it's not the last US car. :)

I hate when dealers lie about that kind of stuff to artificially inflate the value of a car.

Ben said:
You can tell the that you know for a fact that it's not the last US car. :)

I hate when dealers lie about that kind of stuff to artificially inflate the value of a car.
Ben, you were right the car is #239 and the sales manager said he knew it wasn't the last U.S. car and that the person who told me it was, was mistaken. Good catch, but I had no reason to believe what the first guy told me was not true.

Has anyone calculated the total # of NSXs sold in the U.S. (and worldwide) from 91- 2005?

AndyNSX said:
Has anyone calculated the total # of NSXs sold in the U.S. (and worldwide) from 91- 2005?

I don't think any one person has calculated this, but I think the data is floating around out there in bits and pieces. Not sure how accurate it is though. The U.S. data for 1999-2005 that I tabulated should be accurate to within a few cars, accounting for the fact that American Honda may intentionally fudge some of the data (factory one-offs, etc.).

AndyNSX said:
The total number of NSXs sold by calendar year (not by model year) are available on Honda's website for the following markets:

United States 1990-2004
United States 2005
United States 2006 (click on latest month of monthly sales reports)
Canada 1990-2004
Europe/Middle East/Africa 1990-2002
Japan 1990-2004

These numbers omit sales for Honda's Asia/Oceania region (which excludes Japan but includes the rest of Asia as well as countries like Australia and New Zealand) and for Latin America, and as you can see they're not all entirely up to date, but they probably cover something like 98 percent of NSX sales.

I was thinking since the NSX stop production why don't we update the faqs with these new numbers :smile:

Just incase anyone thought, may have thought about the LAST manual one made. I bought it. JH4NA21645S000241 Rio Yellow Pearl out of Spokane Valley Acura. That's gotta make it unique, right ?

Seems I'm always last inline :rolleyes:

Although I knew this at sale time, rumour has it that Acura has set aside ONE more spot for the final Acura museum piece. Whether that's true I don't know.

Mr.Wolf-Spokane said:
Just incase anyone thought, may have thought about the LAST manual one made. I bought it. JH4NA21645S000241 Rio Yellow Pearl out of Spokane Valley Acura. That's gotta make it unique, right ?

Although I knew this at sale time, rumour has it that Acura has set aside ONE more spot for the final Acura museum piece. Whether that's true I don't know.

#241 is indeed the last US manual car made. If American Honda set aside one for a museum, it is most likely #238, which doesn't show up in their database. It's also possible there is a #242, which could be owned by Japan or American Honda as a museum piece, and hence not in the normal databse.

Ben great work man, thanks for all the hard work.

that is way kewl
i have a 92 red over ivory auto.
only 11 were made in 92
how rare is that. and 6 have been totaled.

The 2005 list is now finalized. The original post says as of 1/2006, but nothing has changed since then, and I cannot edit the original post.

Mr.Wolf-Spokane said:

Congrats! That's really cool - piece of history. I wouldn't be surprised if some veteran Japanese Honda employee completed your car, sat down, *wiped his brow exhausted*, and retired. :smile:

Or maybe they were planning to stop at #240, but had enough "factory seconds" parts laying around and decided to toss another one together for shits and giggles. :biggrin: :wink:

robr said:
91 is complete, starting a new thread for 91

I think that I missed this thread. How do I find it?

By the way, robr thank-you for all of your hard work in doing this for all the NSX owners. Ya know, it is guys like you and the others that contribute their great tallent and knowledge to this web site that makes this site so much fun and so unique, just like the car that we all own, are in love with or both. I know......after my wife. That was close........and it would have left a mark, even half way around the world!!!!!!

Let us all know how to get there.

Thanks Again for your contribution,
Brad

OLDMNSX said:
I think that I missed this thread. How do I find it?
The numbers for 1991-1998 are in the FAQ. Links for the other years are in this topic.

OLDMNSX said:
By the way, robr thank-you for all of your hard work in doing this for all the NSX owners.
And thanks to Ben for his hard work in doing this. Both worked on it and deserve the credit...

Yep Ben deserves big kudos, I got the idea from Ben to automate the process because he was doing it all manually and there were simply too many cars made in the early years to calculate and look up each VIN. My company already wrote technology to do scripted lookups so we just had to build a VIN generator into it and tailor it to Honda's system (so kudos really should go to one of my software developers who did it in his spare time).

It turned into a firestorm, so instead of publishing the info I compiled, I just passed it along to Ben for him to use in his statistics compilation. The FAQ is pretty close but we did find that based on the Honda VIN database, there were a large number of errors in the FAQ figures, but nothing too serious.

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I found out by accident how you could query the database, and I decided to find out the production numbers for 2005, and that evolved into doing all the 1999-2005 cars. I'm glad that this data has been useful for everyone! :) robr took it a step further by automating the data collection process.

Thread Bump for
newbie.gif
(newbies)

Thanks Ben :smile:

I have LBBP # 221 Blue Blue do I have the last one. To me it is already very valuable :biggrin: Steve

Ben said:
#241 is indeed the last US manual car made. If American Honda set aside one for a museum, it is most likely #238, which doesn't show up in their database. It's also possible there is a #242, which could be owned by Japan or American Honda as a museum piece, and hence not in the normal databse.

I think this guy found #238

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=700048#post700048

Back