• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 US-Spec NSX Production Numbers

needspeed said:
I have LBBP # 221 Blue Blue do I have the last one. To me it is already very valuable :biggrin: Steve

#221 is the last Blue/Blue 6-Speed Manual.

Automatic Cars #4 and #6 are also Blue/Blue, and except for looking at the VIN stickers in the doorjambs to see when they were manufactured, there's no way to tell which came out of the factory first.

Ben said:
#221 is the last Blue/Blue 6-Speed Manual.

Automatic Cars #4 and #6 are also Blue/Blue, and except for looking at the VIN stickers in the doorjambs to see when they were manufactured, there's no way to tell which came out of the factory first.

Thanks for the update Ben........Steve

Great posts and thanks for all the great info.

Is there any way to tell how many of these cars are still on the road? It would interesting to know how many NSXs are driving around in North America. Is this something that they would say in carfax reports or on Ownerlink?

Thanks again for all the time and effort.

Munkey said:
Great posts and thanks for all the great info.

Is there any way to tell how many of these cars are still on the road? It would interesting to know how many NSXs are driving around in North America. Is this something that they would say in carfax reports or on Ownerlink?

Thanks again for all the time and effort.

Not really, since "on the road" is a really broad term. You can use the Ownerlink Data and Carfax data together to get a pretty good guess though. For example 2 of the 2005 cars have salvage titles as of 10/2/2006. But, that doesn't mean they aren't still on the road.

Ben said:
I think I may have found #238! :smile: I'm going to see if I can have someone call and find out which car this is. The description says that the previous owner was someone that worked at or was related to Honda. Based on the mileage and carfax data of all the Imola Orange/Oranges, the only other car it could possibly be is #58.

http://www.wintel.co.jp/wintel/owa/pspe_stock_detail1?in_categorize=0&in_shopno=366-1&in_carno=409&in_mode=stocklist&in_designno=&in_cssno=&in_shop_disp=0

False alarm. After making some inquiries, turns out that the car on the website is not a 2005 car. It's a 2002 car.

Ben, bumping an old thread to say thanks for sharing this with the community and for inspiring me to embark on a similar mission for the Legend folks. Your hard work on this project I'm sure is appreciated by many!

Ben, bumping an old thread to say thanks for sharing this with the community and for inspiring me to embark on a similar mission for the Legend folks. Your hard work on this project I'm sure is appreciated by many!

Thanks!! I look forward to seeing the data for the Legend as well! I always wanted to compile that data also, but I now pass the torch to you!

As of 1-23-2006, and assuming no more are built, the last US-Spec NSX is either manual car #241 (Rio Yellow Pearl/Yellow) or automatic car #8 (Silverstone Metallic/Onyx). There's no way to tell just by looking at the VIN which was built later, as automatic and manual cars each have their own VIN "series". The only way to tell would be to get the build dates of the cars off the door jamb label. If they were built the same month, then you would have to inquire at Honda and hope they tell you.

And, it's also very likely that the very last NSX could be Japan, UK, or Euro Spec.

If I had to guess, I would guess that the very last one off the line would be a Japan Spec Championship White/Red w/ Black top Type-R, and it would be put in the Honda museum in Motegi.

Serial #8 will be back here in Dubai in August or September after receiving...get this...$68,000 U.S. in repairs to bring it back to new! The owner called me last night to inform me as he's thinking of buying aftermarket parts for it.

Ben when it arrives I'll be sure to snap some photos as I'm curious to see the repair job. The owner even refers to the car as #8...

Its the second Silverstone Auto/Onyx he has...also owns a 2003.

Serial #8 will be back here in Dubai in August or September after receiving...get this...$68,000 U.S. in repairs to bring it back to new! The owner called me last night to inform me as he's thinking of buying aftermarket parts for it.

Ben when it arrives I'll be sure to snap some photos as I'm curious to see the repair job. The owner even refers to the car as #8...

Its the second Silverstone Auto/Onyx he has...also owns a 2003.

Wow, that's a lot of money. I'm wondering why he didn't just send it through the factory refresh program in Japan for that kind of money.

I'll be eager to see that doorjamb label w/ production date!!

It might have been the refresh program?!?! The owner is so rich that he just doesn't pay attention sometimes so I wonder if that's what happened.:rolleyes:

He's the present owner of:

2 - Silverstone Automatic NSX's (03 and 05) :eek:
1 - Lamborghini Murcielago
1 - LP540-S
1 - Audi R8
1 - Lamborghini Gallardo
1 - Range Rover Sport

It might have been the refresh program?!?! The owner is so rich that he just doesn't pay attention sometimes so I wonder if that's what happened.:rolleyes:

Refresh program is in Japan at the factory, so if he sent it to US, it didn't go through refresh. Cars coming out of the refresh are as good as factory original for the parts you asked to be refreshed.

Hmmm doubtful that Honda could refresh it as it was...:frown:

DNSX1.jpg

DNSX2.jpg

Hmmm doubtful that Honda could refresh it as it was...:frown:

Refresh is done at the Honda factory in Japan by factory NSX technicians. They could have redone the entire front clip, frame members and all if they wanted, and when done, it would have been truly just as good as it was when it was new. After refresh, it would be impossible for anyone to tell it from a car that had never been hit or repainted.

this thread is over a year old.............

bumped for new BEEies :biggrin:

thanks again Ben :tongue:

Last edited:
Thanks Ben for this date - truly remarkable reading and appreciate the effort you put into this log.

There's a 2002 - 2005 GPW log somewhere else on this site that is useful if you own a GPW :biggrin:

Amazing that between 2004 and 2005, only a total of 5 cars were made in the GPW/Onyx combination! One in 2004 (mine :wink:) and 4 more in 2005

Facts like this really make me appreciate my NSX! hehe

rick

how do you get the specific vin #'s for the 2005 automatics? i have 2 but want to get the others.... i tried changing the last number and none of them were valid so i was obviously doing something wrong.... if you have them or can tell me how to figure them out that would be great.

how do you get the specific vin #'s for the 2005 automatics? i have 2 but want to get the others.... i tried changing the last number and none of them were valid so i was obviously doing something wrong.... if you have them or can tell me how to figure them out that would be great.
As you increment the last six digits, you also have to change the check digit in the ninth position of the VIN, as explained here.

there is a member her with 0001 that is a silver/onyx

I found an error in my 2006 data, but can no longer update the original post.

In 2006, I had mistakenly counted one of the Long Beach Blue Pearl/Blue 6-Speed cars as a Long Beach Blue Pearl/Onyx.

I've posted an updated thread here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/182061-2005-US-Spec-NSX-Production-Numbers-5-2014-Update

Updated Numbers:

Long Beach Blue Pearl/Onyx Manual: 15
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Blue Manual: 8
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Camel Manual: 3
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Onyx Auto: 0
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Blue Auto: 3
Long Beach Blue Pearl/Camel Auto: 0
Silverstone Metallic/Onyx Manual: 46
Silverstone Metallic/Silver Manual: 28
Silverstone Metallic/Onyx Auto: 3
Silverstone Metallic/Silver Auto: 1
New Formula Red/Onyx Manual: 20
New Formula Red/Camel Manual: 22
New Formula Red/Red Manual: 3
New Formula Red/Onyx Auto: 0
New Formula Red/Camel Auto: 0
New Formula Red/Red Auto: 0
Rio Yellow Pearl/Onyx Manual: 19
Rio Yellow Pearl/Yellow Manual: 6
Rio Yellow Pearl/Onyx Auto: 1
Rio Yellow Pearl/Yellow Auto: 0
Berlina Black/Onyx Manual: 43
Berlina Black/Camel Manual: 12
Berlina Black/Red Manual: 2
Berlina Black/Onyx Auto: 0
Berlina Black/Camel Auto: 0
Berlina Black/Red Auto: 0
Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx Manual: 3
Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Manual: 3
Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx Auto: 0
Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Auto: 0
Grand Prix White/Onyx Manual: 4
Grand Prix White/White Manual: 2
Grand Prix White/Camel Manual: 1
Grand Prix White/Onyx Auto: 0
Grand Prix White/White Auto: 0
Grand Prix White/Camel Auto: 0
Unknown Manual: 1
Unknown Auto: 0

Total Long Beach Blue Pearl Manual: 26
Total Long Beach Blue Pearl Auto: 3
Total Silverstone Metallic Manual: 74
Total Silverstone Metallic Auto: 4
Total New Formula Red Manual: 45
Total New Formula Red Auto: 0
Total Rio Yellow Pearl Manual: 25
Total Rio Yellow Pearl Auto: 1
Total Berlina Black Manual: 57
Total Berlina Black Auto: 0
Total Imola Orange Pearl Manual: 6
Total Imola Orange Pearl Auto: 0
Total Grand Prix White Manual: 7
Total Grand Prix White Auto: 0
Total Unknown Manual: 1
Total Unknown Auto: 0

Total Long Beach Blue Pearl: 29
Total Silverstone Metallic: 78
Total New Formula Red: 45
Total Rio Yellow Pearl: 26
Total Berlina Black: 57
Total Imola Orange Pearl: 6
Total Grand Prix White: 7
Total Unknown: 1

Total Manual: 241
Total Auto: 8

Grand Total 2005 US-spec NSX: 249

Nice 4 year bump Ben. Thanks again for the data. Under 250 cars total. Wow.

It would be nice if we could get all the 05 owners to chime in with the serial numbers they have. I always wanted to know who had 188 and 190 that sat next to my 189.

Back