• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Logo Floor Mats Recommendation

When I first saw the Zanardi mats on George's car in Belmont, I just loved them. The way the Logo matches with the exterior of the car when you open the door is just wonderful. But I have a blue NSX, so that option wasn't open to me. But I found out about someone named Hrant who does custom mats with the logo in any color you want.

I got some made with blue logos to match my exterior. My interior is tan, but I knew the blue would not look as good on it as on the black, so I got black mats. The black looks fine, since so much of the car interior is black -- it really seems to connect with black of the dashboard. Like the Zanardi mats, the blue logo match with the exterior looks just great as you open the door. In fact, I like these better since I didn't much like the border trim of the mats being colored as on the Zanardi's.

Quite happy with them. I paid $120 including shipping. (I needed to send him a check ahead, he isn't setup for credit cards or PayPal). Surprises:

1. Black mats really show loose dirt and things off your shoes more than tan. I have to vacuum them much more often now. This wouldn't be different than current for those of you who already have black mats, but it was for me. On the other hand, the black will not slowly go brown-gray where feet have been, like my original mats did. And it is worth the quick pass with the hand vac.

2. I did notice that they have more of a tendency to get caught and bunch up when the seat is motored forward than the original ones did. I think they are a bit thicker, especially since the black ones he sells have a "heel guard". But this may go away with time.

3. The good surprise -- totally unexpected. When you get out of the car at night, the bulb which lights up the driver foot well stays on for a few seconds after the dome light, and the bright blue threads of the embroidered logo glow "NSX" like a neon sign on the black matte mats for those few seconds. It is just beautiful, and comes as you are typically still smiling from your drive. Very cool.

Wanted to spread the word. I got them from Hrant
(916) 961-5660
(916) 961-5220 Fax
[email protected]

Last edited:
Thanks Chip for the kind and fair feedback.

1. Yes, as much as the black mats are stark in complimenting the black interior or bringing the true black/tan contrast with tan interiors, the black shows every spec of dust and dirt just like the engine cover .....

2. Bunching up when the seat is motored forward is a new issue for us. Perhaps this is unique to Chris' floor mat but I suspect it has some validity since the 2001 oem floor mats were redesigned to have flatter pile on the corners as well as a hook to keep the mat in place. We know that our mats do not move, but bunching up is something that we will have to further explore .... perhaps we can shave the corners similar to the oem but then it will stand out the moment you open the doors ....

3. As for the polyneon's subtle effects under different lighting conditions, especially at night ..... well that was done by design since some were wondering if the NSX was a chic magnet ....... ROTFWL

Cheers,

Hrant

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 06 December 2002).]

Sounds neat! Got picts?

Originally posted by calexand:
When I first saw the Zanardi mats on George's car in Belmont, I just loved them. The way the Logo matches with the exterior of the car when you open the door is just wonderful. But I have a blue NSX, so that option wasn't open to me. But I found out about someone named Hrant who does custom mats with the logo in any color you want.

I got some made with blue logos to match my exterior. My interior is tan, but I knew the blue would not look as good on it as on the black, so I got black mats. The black looks fine, since so much of the car interior is black -- it really seems to connect with black of the dashboard. Like the Zanardi mats, the blue logo match with the exterior looks just great as you open the door. In fact, I like these better since I didn't much like the border trim of the mats being colored as on the Zanardi's.

Quite happy with them. I paid $120 including shipping. (I needed to send him a check ahead, he isn't setup for credit cards or PayPal). Surprises:

1. Black mats really show loose dirt and things off your shoes more than tan. I have to vacuum them much more often now. This wouldn't be different than current for those of you who already have black mats, but it was for me. On the other hand, the black will not slowly go brown-gray where feet have been, like my original mats did. And it is worth the quick pass with the hand vac.

2. I did notice that they have more of a tendency to get caught and bunch up when the seat is motored forward than the original ones did. I think they are a bit thicker, especially since the black ones he sells have a "heel guard". But this may go away with time.

3. The good surprise -- totally unexpected. When you get out of the car at night, the bulb which lights up the driver foot well stays on for a few seconds after the dome light, and the bright blue threads of the embroidered logo glow "NSX" like a neon sign on the black matte mats for those few seconds. It is just beautiful, and comes as you are typically still smiling from your drive. Very cool.

Wanted to spread the word. I got them from Hrant
(916) 961-5660
(916) 961-5220 Fax
[email protected]

I also purchased a set of mats from Hrant and am very happy with them. However, as mentioned above, they do bunch up under the motor because they are thicker AND my driver's side mat is not staying in place. It shifts to the right and gets folding up a little.

Very minor complaints for an otherwise perfect product. Anyone looking for different color mats should hook up with Hrant.

And here's some pics as requested (mine are black mats with tan embroidery):

------------------
'96 Black/Tan NSX-T
Short gears, Dali swaybars, Ferodo/Axxis Ultimate brake pads, Bridgestone S-03s

I think you all need more to do!!

I don't use mats at all - slow me down in more ways than one. The additional weight and I can enter and exit the car much faster, for all road courses that require more than driving skill.

Originally posted by Soulstice:

However, as mentioned above, they do bunch up under the motor because they are thicker AND my driver's side mat is not staying in place. It shifts to the right and gets folding up a little.

Again, thanks for the recommendation.

However, I am very curious about this bunching up as we are always eager to improve a product. I have used muine for over a year now but do not experience these symptoms. The floor mat is cut about 1/4" wider than the oem size and the fit is very snug; in fact if it is not perfectly positioned, it will not settle flat.

Does the bunching up occur on the top where the peddles are or on the bottom near the seat? Is this limited to only the driver or passenger side as well?

While driving or when getting in or out of the car (we all know how we lean and exert pressure on the mat with our heel)?

Is the foam padding in the back wearing out? Has the foam backing or the mat been subjected to wetness - above and beyond just regular cleansing like 3M or degreaser mist sprays?

Inquiring minds want to know ....

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Sounds neat! Got picts?

Not currently. However, I will try to take some before taking in my next film roll, and do digital processing along with so I can publish some.

Chip

Last edited:
It just so happens that I ordered the Zanardi floormats from Dali Racing this week to add a little to the interior of my red NSX. From the pictures above I see how great the logos look on other cars so I'm anxious to get mine...

Originally posted by Hrant:
Does the bunching up occur on the top where the peddles are or on the bottom near the seat? Is this limited to only the driver or passenger side as well?

You've got mail Hrant.

------------------
'96 Black/Tan NSX-T
Short gears, Dali swaybars, Ferodo/Axxis Ultimate brake pads, Bridgestone S-03s

Picture

Now that the new site allows posting pictures (cool!), I can post it. I don't have a publically accessible site of my own, hence the delay until now.

Note that the blue is actually a great match for the car's exterior in real life, even though in this picture it looks too purple.

Chip

Attachments

• nsx mats.jpg
    nsx mats.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 404
That looks really nice Chip. I can really see how that color would pick up the light at night. Congratulations to you and Hrant for the excellent look.

Back