• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please Vote: Best Thai Restaurant, Aol City Guide

Hi NSX comrades,

It's been a while since I've posted as I sold my '91 Sebring Silver over the summer. I jumped ship to the Porsche 911 camp :mad: , but I'm please to announce that I'll be picking up my third NSX this Sunday!!!

Back to the (off) topic. Guys, I own Duangrat's Thai restaurant here in the Nation's capital and like fellow member Sig (Jason B.), who owns a Five Guys here in town, my place was nominated as a contender in AOL's 2006 City Guide- Best Thai category. It would help me out tremendously if I can get your help to win this, we came in 2nd last year (I didn't even know about the contest), but I hope to crush the competition this year. Check out our website to see why we are arguably the best Thai restaurant in DC/MD/VA & one of the best in the Country at www.duangrats.com . Local NSXers can attest to my place as I have hosted a group luncheon here. Please drop by when you're in town, ask for me & mention NSXPrime for some complimentary Singha beer!

Here's the link to vote: http://cityguide.aol.com/washington/bestthai/?page=voting
Thanks all!

warmest regards,
Eddie D.

I am already voting about 10 times a day for mine.... I'll just add your link to my daily voting routine:smile:

For those who are not familiar with 'Duangrats', the food is truly special and the best authentic Thai food around.

Looks like your doing fairly well so far. let's make sure you retain your lead.

Thanks Jason,

Can't wait til I get my next NSX! Now, I'm off to get me a Five Guys' junior bacon cheesburger! BTW, Ben Murell (one of the Five) was just in here getting take out the other night, nice guy. Let me know if you'd like to part out the right for one unit :wink:

-Eddie

ak said:
So does this mean Mid-Atlantic NSX meet at Duangrats again this year? Welcome back buddy! :)

That's a freakin great idea!!!!

I love Thai food. Panang over rice... yummm...

QWKSLVR said:
GOTTSPD, you're hilarious, your appetite rivals that of DONWON! Yes, lets do another NSX meet at my restaurant, and a round of Singhas fpr everybody!

What can I say??? I love to eat great food. Fortunately, a couple of miles of jogging from time to time has kept me from being 350 lbs!

Funny you mentioned DONWON... we've been to a couple of good places in Rockville that are great - a Korean soup place and an Indian restaurant.

I represent many restaurant owners - Italian, Greek, fast food, quick service, Indian, etc, so I try to get to them from time to time!

nchopp said:
Toy on Vine. Yum. Or on Sunset. And wherever the third one is. I can't remember.

You are that close to Thai Town and you eat at those farang places? :)

Try Taste of Thai on Sunset or Kruang Tedd on Hollywood or Hollywood Thai. Palms on Hollywood is good and farang friendly food. :) Thai Nakorn in OC isn't bad if you can't make your way up north.

Regardless, QWKSLVR got my vote.

Malibu Rapper said:
You are that close to Thai Town and you eat at those farang places? :)

Try Taste of Thai on Sunset or Kruang Tedd on Hollywood or Hollywood Thai. Palms on Hollywood is good and farang friendly food. :) Thai Nakorn in OC isn't bad if you can't make your way up north.

Regardless, QWKSLVR got my vote.

I was at Taste of Thai in Del mar a couple of weeks ago. It was good.

Back