• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need a good laugh? Any of you guys seen or heard of these?

All those clips for the mini van and no Champ car? I've always said they should have an engine belt driven audio device that would give the 4 cylinder civic that F1 19K scream. Now come on, surely that beats the "Brembo Caliper Covers" on eBay. :)

Last edited:
This "has" to rank right up there with the fake BOV (electronic sound device, make a BOV sound every time you shift) and fake rollage (using PVC tube)....

Hehe, this must be the cheap knock off of that expensive system someone created to make a beetle sound exactly like a ferrari, but i dont think your gonna fool anyone. Hey I had a foam air filter on my intake that at idle had a light hiss. When ricers asked if i had a turbo i said....yes i do.

This "has" to rank right up there with the fake BOV (electronic sound device, make a BOV sound every time you shift) and fake rollage (using PVC tube)....

I think they need to combine these two great inventions! What good is a fake BOV sound if it not on a beefy sounding engine?

*Speakers and Amplifier are not included at this price
... so you may be spending LOTS on high quality sound gear to make the sound "authentic"... personally, I would rather drive/ride what I have and be happy. (Says the man with Harley mufflers on his Honda...)
:D

What's funnier.......check out their forum. :biggrin:

How annoying...I hope the teenagers down my street don't find out about this. One kid has a truck has some wierd thing in the tailpipe and it sounds like a space ship.

How annoying...I hope the teenagers down my street don't find out about this. One kid has a truck has some wierd thing in the tailpipe and it sounds like a space ship.

Space ship? Is it a diesel w/ a massive exhaust where all you here is the whistle of the turbo???

No, its sort of a cross between a buzz and a whistle...more like a vacuum cleaner sound. Its a Dodge Ram thats slammed with hydraulics.

No, its sort of a cross between a buzz and a whistle...more like a vacuum cleaner sound. Its a Dodge Ram thats slammed with hydraulics.
Ah yes - Whistle Tips. What are they you ask??

Whistle tips, also referred to as "whistler tips," or "whistlers," are modified exhaust pipes that make a screeching, whistling sound when operating a vehicle. The sound can reportedly be heard for up to a mile, resulting in many municipalities making whistle tips illegal. Whistle tips are associated mainly with Oakland, California where they gained brief popularity before being outlawed due to complaints.

To install whistle tips, a small metal plate with a central hole is welded into the inner tip of the exhaust pipe. As air leaves the exhaust system under pressure, it passes through the metal hole, causing a whistle. Some have compared to sound to the noise of train wheels screeching against rails. Others call it a high-pitched shriek.

At the time whistle tips were still legal in California, they gained notoriety when Oakland news station KRON-TV did a story on what was then, the growing local fad. The station interviewed two whistle tip enthusiasts who identified themselves as “Bubb Rubb” and “Lil Sis.” Some found humor in the clip that ended up on the Internet, inadvertently spreading the word about whistle tips worldwide.

At least one bus driver said that he could not hear the wail of a siren over a passing whistler, and many citizens widely complained about the constant noise of passing whistlers. Continued pressure from local residents brought legal changes. By February 2003, Oakland police were handing out pricey fix-it citations for having whistle tips. Later that year, passage of AB 377 made operating a vehicle with whistle tips illegal in the state of California. That law went into effect on 1 January, 2004.

It is speculated in the text of AB 377 that whistle tips may have originally been designed for rural areas. Cars or trucks with whistle tips could potentially scare large animals off the road to avoid accidents. In populated areas, whistle tips have proven to be disruptive and arguably a potential danger to motorists. Note also that modifying an exhaust system may not be legal, and can void manufacturer’s warranties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeBwQiTTK2Y

Back