• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Secrets?

Originally posted by BladesNSX:
Okay I give up....there is a trick that gets your climate control system to do a self diagnostic where it will cycle through every possible stage on its own, basically testing itself. I remember reading from the faq section that you have to push both the ac dials just as you turn the key to the second position and hold another button for a few seconds. Unfortunately, I can't find it again. I therefore envoke the power of "The FaQ Nazi"!!!

He must be absent... I'll try:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/climate_control.htm

FYI, you can use Google to search a particular web site - makes a great FAQ indexer!

Here another "trick".

When your front tires start to show wear on the inside, just swap the left tire onto the right rim and visa-versa. I have been getting "double mileage" out of my front tires using this technique!

[This message has been edited by Poloman (edited 25 October 2002).]

Originally posted by Poloman:
Here another "trick".

When your front tires start to show wear on the inside, just swap the left tire onto the right rim and visa-versa. I have getting "double mileage" out of my front tires using this technique!

You can't do that with the OEM tires unless you are willing to give up the crisp handling that they offer. Remember, the OEM tires have built-in bias to work with the NSX alignment, and they are designed as a "left tire" or a "right tire". If you flip them in the way you suggest, the biasing will be in the wrong direction.

Originally posted by wilsonp:
He must be absent...

No, my brother is deceased.

LITRIP.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Poloman:
Here another "trick".

When your front tires start to show wear on the inside, just swap the left tire onto the right rim and visa-versa. I have been getting "double mileage" out of my front tires using this technique!

[This message has been edited by Poloman (edited 25 October 2002).]

Look carefully at the OEM tire and you will see that, not only is there a rotational direction indicated, but also a "side facing out". Swapping sides would defeat the design of the OEM tires.

Originally posted by myf16:
You can lower the headlights without turning them on and off by pressing the headlight raising button on the dash and holding it for 2 seconds. Sometimes you have to press twice.

Tried it today. Couldn't do it.

Originally posted by MYNSX:
Shes single!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hmm.....I wonder if she's got a desire to, um....serve her country? There will be a single fighter pilot in his early 30's staying at a local Phoenix area resort all week. And, he'll have his NSX with him when it's not in MB's garage. I, I mean him, will even buy the whipped cream.
smile.gif

Oh well.....thought I'd try.

Chuck

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

There will be a single fighter pilot in his early 30's staying at a local Phoenix area resort all week. And, he'll have his NSX with him when it's not in MB's garage.

Howdy, visitor
smile.gif
I'm going to MB's on Monday to get my driver door speaker reinstalled. I'll look for your car (must be filthy from the road trip).

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 25 October 2002).]

To get hidden power and handling from the NSX:

hit up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, then press and hold the gas and brake buttons while pressing start.

------------------
'91 blk/blk NSX
'96 Green Integra GSR
'02 CBR F4i Yellow/Black
Honda rules

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Howdy, visitor
smile.gif
I'm going to MB's on Monday to get my driver door speaker reinstalled. I'll look for your car (must be filthy from the road trip).

Cool! I'm going to try and bring some stuff to wash it with. They're forecasting rain for the region tomorrow, so (with my luck) it will be pretty filthy by the time I get it into town.

I'm actually going to take it by on Monday night or bring it in on Tuesday morning. I'm not really having much done.....45K service, brake fluid flush, and a few more things. Heck, I'm toying with the idea of having him slap on some Eibach springs (see other thread on this site.)

So, my car will be the dirty '91 Black/Ivory with the New Mexico plates there. I hear that MYNSX might stop by with that single model of his, too....
smile.gif

I see so many of you Arizona folks posting on this site, you'd figure that there would be an NSX at every intersection in Phoenix!

Chuck

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

You can lobotomize the TCS (I left mine intact) by removing or simply unplugging the TCS control module on the left side of the firewall inside the cabin.

[/B][/QUOTE]
I unplugged mine in trunk an then had an electical guy pull the wires from the connector on the TCS module to keep my TCS light from being on. Are you saying I could have just unpluugged the whole module and the TSC light would not be on constantly?

Originally posted by Viper Driver:
Cool! I'm going to try and bring some stuff to wash it with. They're forecasting rain for the region tomorrow, so (with my luck) it will be pretty filthy by the time I get it into town.

Chuck, you're welcome to wash your car at my house if you'd like. I have soft water and car wash stuff. I'm off till Tuesday. If you're interested let me know.

Originally posted by BladesNSX:
To get hidden power and handling from the NSX:

hit up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, then press and hold the gas and brake buttons while pressing start.

Are you talking about a video game or something?

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

*lol* ...this is the coolest and funniest thread i've read for a while...

> Originally posted by MiamieNeSeX:
> has anybody mentioned the chick magnet?
>
> I had to shut off this feature on my NSX to make my wife happy.
> Luckily, this core NSX feature re-activates on its own when she is not riding with me...

The chick magnet comes as standard. It also comes with a hidden guy-magnet (has safety mechanism which only attracts 'straight' males)

Also, the ctrl-alt-delete trick doesn't update the NSX...tried it.
wink.gif

Instead you should download the latest patch from ftp.honda.com which has some security fixes (built-in gun against car-jackers), performance tweaks (V8 engine) and bug fixes (such as anti-bird-crap paint and built-in insect zapper behind passenger seat)
... to quote Bill Gates, the latest patch makes your NSX "faster, easier to use and more fun"
smile.gif

(u gotta be an IT person to laugh at this)

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
If you flip them in the way you suggest, the biasing will be in the wrong direction.
Indeed that's the theory. In practice, I have noticed no difference in spirited street driving (enough to toast the fronts in less than 6k miles, flipping them at 3k). It might be different on the track, but the effect of the biasing must be quite subtle. I'm not guaranteeing that nobody will notice the difference, only reporting that I didn't. I don't think anybody who flipped the front tires has noticed any change in handling. To me, switching to 16/17 wheels hurt the handling far more than flipping front tires ever did. Neither of these observations agree with any theory I know of, but they are what the seat of my pants told me.

Originally posted by myf16:
Neither of these observations agree with any theory I know of

They don't agree with the observations that others have made, either.

Of course, you're the one who's planning to drive with the same timing belt for 20 years, to find out how long before it breaks. Which most of us would prefer not to find out.
wink.gif

BTW, I have been told, for the same reason as you mention, to flip my track tires (which, unlike the OEM NSX tires, are rotational but symmetrical, so there would be no technical reason not to flip them). However, when I evaluated the additional few miles I would get by doing so, I found that the savings in treadlife were less than the $20 cost to have a tire mounted and balanced.

I have a place in Scottsdale at Gainey when I am out there. Ph$ and Chuck, You two can pick her up from my place.. Ill leave the gate open for you!!!!

No next time I am there, we will all have to get together the PHX ones. I am pretty home body when I am there other than Camelback, Gillys, Axis/Radius, the airport and the other fine areas which have perfectly manicured green areas.

Will let all know when I am there next. And no will not have my car. Sold the pathfinder last time. Dont really need it,. Have friends with too many damn cars they dont drive. Someone has to keep the cars running.

------------------
8k RPM in a recliner!

It was only a few inches deep. It's a heavy vehicle (tank) bridge which is essentially a cement slab across the riverbed in Fort Hunter Liggett. A few equally deranged drivers followed me, but the others used the nearby bridge. Hey, at least it was clean water...

Back