• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Secrets?

When did honda decide to remove the constant "green light" from the TCS button? I drove my boss's '95 and I noticed two things that differed from my '92. First, the cruise control was on the opposite side and the TCS light was not green when active.

On my 94, the TCS button itself glows green when its engaged but the dash light is not illuminated. When off, the button is not lit but the dash light glows amber...

Next to the eject-button of your OEM casette-player there is a a.sel button. After pressing it your CD-player will play the number of each CD in random order before skipping to the next CD. I suppose it will work for tapes as well but haven't tried that yet.

Originally posted by MvM:
Next to the eject-button of your OEM casette-player there is a a.sel button. After pressing it your CD-player will play the number of each CD in random order before skipping to the next CD. I suppose it will work for tapes as well but haven't tried that yet.

Will it play the tracks of a CD (or in my case an mp3 disk) in random order? Or does it just go to the next disk in random order?

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Mikec,

It plays the numbers on a CD in random order untill all have been played.
So far it will then load the next CD and start playing the tracks on that one in random order too. Haven't noticed it will load the next CD in random order as well.

Wow!!! It is random play! This is one of the best things I've found out on prime... Yay. I just went out and tried it. I wanted random play so bad and was miffed that the CD controls didn't offer it. This is truly a great secret revealed.... or is it in the manual and I just missed it. I'm going to look closely tonight.

Thanks!!!!

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

mikec,

Found it out yesterday by accident. Had a bad day and winded up taking the scenic route back home in the pouring rain. Stopped somewhere along the way and started playing with buttons.
Felt a lot better afterward ;-)

The a.select (auto select in the owner's manual) main function is on the radio. Select this function when driving in an area where you are not familiar with the radio stations. The system scans the spectrum and loads the strongest stations into the radio presets. When you return home (to your regular radio area) de-select auto select and the presets return to your own settings. I've used this often when travelling.

Originally posted by mikec:
.... or is it in the manual and I just missed it. I'm going to look closely tonight...

Yep - You just missed it. I was very excited when I found this in the manual just after I got my '91. Amazing the things you can learn by reading instructions!
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

for those of you with little kids, you know the joy of discovery is part of the development process. thats why their toys entertain them for such a long time.

this apparently works for us big kids too.

Originally posted by Soichiro:
The a.select (auto select in the owner's manual) main function is on the radio. Select this function when driving in an area where you are not familiar with the radio stations. The system scans the spectrum and loads the strongest stations into the radio presets.

I haven found several remote areas in California where this scan fails to find a single suitably strong station. The display then reads a single zero.

Originally posted by medusa:
if your windows are fogged up just hit the a/c on with the heater on high. This will elimate the fog in about 5-10 seconds flat!

Hitting the defrost button again will return the climate control to the previous setting.

Originally posted by tpearsall:
If you pop the ashtray out, by lifting the cover and a slight tug, it leaves a convenient spot for a cellphone.

I find it fits my CLIE well too.

I tend to put my cellphone (Nokia 8260) in the shallow square hole behind the shifter. As long as I have the phone positioned nose down in the hole so it sticks out the armrest end of the hole instead of toward the shifter, my arms clears it easily so it is totally out of the way despite its convenient quick-access location.

I have one other "secret" to post. I didn't mention it earlier since it is in the manual, but I have seen so many people clumsily and dangerously turning over their Targa tops in their hands that I thought I should mention it. If you just walk around the back of the car after taking the top out of its hold or off the roof, it drops right in place from the other side. No chance of dropping it while rotating it, probably quicker, and definitely easier to do.

Chip

------------------
Chip Alexander
'97 Blue/Tan NSX-T with Tubi Exhaust, Fiamm Horn
'92 Green/Tan Lexus SC400 Coupe
'02 Blue/Tan BMW 325iT Sportwagon

Originally posted by calexand:
I find it fits my CLIE well too.

I have one other "secret" to post. I didn't mention it earlier since it is in the manual, but I have seen so many people clumsily and dangerously turning over their Targa tops in their hands that I thought I should mention it. If you just walk around the back of the car after taking the top out of its hold or off the roof, it drops right in place from the other side. No chance of dropping it while rotating it, probably quicker, and definitely easier to do.

Chip

Also, I have found that if you put the top back on right after your drive, it is cooler than if you wait a few minutes. The top seems to heat up when the car is at rest and the engine is hot.

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
Hope it shows up, it is VERY slow in Switzerland:
massage01.jpg

Anyway, bottom of this page: http://homepage2.nifty.com/yiwsk/hitorigoto_0112.htm

Anybody understand what this page says?

Translated directly from Japanese to English (keep in mind that the there really is no direct way to translate - ie see www.engrish.com )

November 2nd of 2001 ‚l‚�‚“‚“‚�‚‡‚…�@‚e‚’‚�‚��@‚g‚�‚Ž‚„‚�

On just a little front hearing it has been in rumor. But as for the HONDA flagship model NSX being the semi- hand made at the Takanezawa factory, it is assembled it is is, message from the production person is attached to the place where several parts are not visible seems. But even simply the NSX which does not have the number of balls. Not to mention reverse side and the like of the part seeing how it was not. Some days ago, there was an opportunity which exchanges the computer of the air conditioner of the customer of my NSX. When the middle which faces to the report, you look at the part which is exchanged suddenly to the home, as for this! So is. Being to discover the message of example, it does. It did unintentionally with gooseflesh ones.

" The sport mind which is not limited the " AN ETERNAL SPORTSMIND FOR YOU " just in you " message from the inspector. As for such a story HONDA, it is not even the among those to be about only a NSX, probably will be? When it explained to also the customer, you were deeply impressed. With replacement about 100000 Yen you paid to being required, with the smiling face. It does again to fall in love to the NSX with this one case, after all once upon a time to ride would like, you thought. As for message it was not in the brand-new part which is obtained by the way. Whether there is just only a NSX immediately after the selling don't you think? It is? As expected is.

The NSX is one of the only cars I’ve been in where you can install your seat belt while a cop is pulling you over, and all parts are hidden and undetectable. (Arms, and seat belt... Just incase you forget.

Back