• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Secrets?

I was just goofing around the other day and discovered that if I pull the balance button on the stock radio, the lights around the tape deck turn off!

What other "secrets" are there?

Here's one from the FAQ:

"The air vents on the doors tilt up to direct the air flow towards the passengers. If you pull up a little bit more when they are all the way up, they "click" and lock in place."

Also, I thought I read somewhere that if you pulled up on your parking brake 1 click and drove under 25mph for a couple of minutes that this would disable ABS. Any truth?

Your fuel door (assuming you have not widebodied)acts as a holder for your fuel cap.
Behind the passenger seat is a map holder/document area.
There is beer on tap just behind the brake master cylinder in the front (just kidding)LOL
smile.gif
WWW.MYNSX.COM

the map pocket behind the passenger seat is also great for holding your 9mm consealed in a pancake holster and can be accessed in 2 seconds flat if needed.check state and local laws before using it for such.totally legal in the free state of FLA.great for those attempted car jacks!
david

Originally posted by BadCarma:
the map pocket behind the passenger seat is also great for holding your 9mm consealed in a pancake holster and can be accessed in 2 seconds flat if needed.check state and local laws before using it for such.totally legal in the free state of FLA.great for those attempted car jacks!
david

its better to keep the gun next to you by the door as you can easily shoot thru the panel if needed ... just in case ur ever car jacked

Don't forget the wonderful tool kit and air pump in the truck. Also, you can jump the car off the fuse box (learned that one the hard way - after unloading the spare :) )

After you shut the car off, the power windows still work, provided that the door remain closed.

This only lasts for a limited time...not long enough for you to turn off the engine, put the top back on, and roll up the windows.

Here's my trick...if you unlock the doors with the factory alarm remote, the doors will re-lock automatically after a short time (unless you open one of the doors). This is especially useful when you're too far from the car to see if you remembered to lock the doors...just press the button and either way the car will eventually be locked. Of course, I've only tested this with my 2000 NSX, so don't take my word for it.
biggrin.gif

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 22 October 2002).]

I guess everyone knows about the storage bin under the two top center tunnel compartments,I hope!

Originally posted by docjohn:
I guess everyone knows about the storage bin under the two top center tunnel compartments,I hope!

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. would appreciate some clarification

------------------
91 Blk/Blk daily driver
100K+ miles & still going strong

little of topic but my brothers lotus has many tricks for example it only runs half boost in 1st,2nd, and 3rd, gears but if you put into first and rev it over 5k for 20 seconds it gives you full boost in all gears for 1 minute
anybody would think it was a video game..........

Its late and I'm tired but to clarify:the small compartments on top of the center,transmision tunnel that your right elbow may rest on as you drive,which is were the cup-holder piece rests,-there is a tab that is used to access a deeper storage bin below the obvious ones.It may be too obvious and ridiculous for me to mention so that some of you may be confused by my first post. Also not everyone has those little passenger side intake engine fans.

My favorite: Printed on the climate control module (you have to tear open the console to get to this) are the words "An Eternal Sportsmind For You". I have no idea where this phrase came from.

The fuse block under the left side of the dash has extra terminals with switched and unswitched 12V power, fused of course.

You can lobotomize the TCS (I left mine intact) by removing or simply unplugging the TCS control module on the left side of the firewall inside the cabin.

The Acura letters on the center rear are stuck on the inside of the lens and can be removed if you are very careful and patient in using hot water to help take the glued assembly apart.

You can lower the headlights without turning them on and off by pressing the headlight raising button on the dash and holding it for 2 seconds. Sometimes you have to press twice.

There is a switch in the glovebox to disable the trunk release.
smile.gif

Originally posted by akira3d:
This only lasts for a limited time...not long enough for you to turn off the engine, put the top back on, and roll up the windows.

Assuming you were in the car to begin with, how do you put the top on without opening the doors?? As soon as you open a door, the windows no longer work with the ignition off.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 23 October 2002).]

Back