• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Installed new radar and keyless entry is not functioning properly

Hi guys,

I just got a Bel RX75 radar detector installed and the OEM keyless entry is not working. The remote won't lock the doors and when I lock the doors with the key, the red light next to the lock does not light up. The funny thing is that I can actually use the remote to UNLOCK the doors. Also, the panic button on the remote is no longer functioning. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

Make sure everything is closed. I had the same symptons and it was because the hood was not all the way shut (had my battery chager pluged in). If any of the doors, trunk, rear hatch or front hood are not shut it won't arm the alarm or lock the doors with the remote.

Jim

The fuse to the keyless entry module has a habit of blowing when the battery is disconnected & reconnected (whcih it presumably was for your radar installation)
- don't know why it does this but it is a fairly common issue (search will bear this out)
So get yourself a 3 A fuse & get under the glove box - you may need to remove the under-tray. The fuse holder is in line with the harness to the keyless receiver.

CL65 Captain said:
Make sure everything is closed. I had the same symptons and it was because the hood was not all the way shut (had my battery chager pluged in). If any of the doors, trunk, rear hatch or front hood are not shut it won't arm the alarm or lock the doors with the remote.

Jim

Opened and closed everything a few times, so everything is closed and it's still not functioning properly. Is there a way of telling if any of the interlock switches for the doors or hatches is not working? i.e. it thinks something is open when is actually isnt.

D'Ecosse said:
The fuse to the keyless entry module has a habit of blowing when the battery is disconnected & reconnected (whcih it presumably was for your radar installation)
- don't know why it does this but it is a fairly common issue (search will bear this out)
So get yourself a 3 A fuse & get under the glove box - you may need to remove the under-tray. The fuse holder is in line with the harness to the keyless receiver.

I removed the undertray and checked out the 3A fuse. It looks to be good. I would imagine that I wouldn't be able to UNLOCK the doors with the remote if it were blown. That's the weirdest part...... I can UNLOCK, but can't LOCK with remote. I also saw a diode next to the fuse and 2 (regulators?) that were inline, do you know what those components are for?

movado75 said:
I removed the undertray and checked out the 3A fuse. It looks to be good. I would imagine that I wouldn't be able to UNLOCK the doors with the remote if it were blown. That's the weirdest part...... I can UNLOCK, but can't LOCK with remote. I also saw a diode next to the fuse and 2 (regulators?) that were inline, do you know what those components are for?
Sorry - I didn't read carefully enough - missed the part about being able to unlock.
I would definitely be looking at the hood switch to see if that is being made.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back