• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Steering Wheel picture thread

NRG

Experienced Member
Hello,

I can't decide if I should change my ugly stock steering wheel with the aftermarket one (like Momo product). Would you be kind to show off your steering wheel? I would like to see different type of steering wheels on the car to make my decision.

I would be more than happy to post a picture of my ugly stock steering wheel in exchange for your aftermarket. :)

I have searched for "steering wheel" but I couldn't find a thread just for steering wheel only.

Thanks in advance.

9673cap012.JPG

Momo (NSX-R)

I'll post pics of mine (MOMO Millenium) wheel in two weeks after it is installed.

Yeah it is....now why the heck does it not link from my own picture gallery sometimes? Most the time I have no problem. Sheesh...

I love the wheel...so much better than stock. I also used the Dali carbon fiber buttons to retain the cruise.

DrVolkl said:
Yeah it is....now why the heck does it not link from my own picture gallery sometimes? Most the time I have no problem. Sheesh...

The problem was that you had referenced a web page and not the picture. :)

This is the URL that was used:

http: //www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=15870&sort=1&cat=500

Correct URL would be:

http: //www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/13146nsx11-med.jpg

How hard is it to switch steering wheels?? What precautions do you have to take to avoid setting off the airbag?

As promised, but a couple weeks late, here are the pics of my MOMO Millenium steerign wheel. The red buttons are my cruise control. Someone feel free to photoshop any one of these to make it look better :biggrin:

11949wheel1-med.JPG

11949wheel2-med.JPG

11949wheel4-med.JPG

pelletz, VERY NICE... I like this one!!! It matches the car....the black interior..the red cruise with the red speedometer, the momo ring with the billet instrument ring, the leather section with your perforated leather seats. etc.

How much did it costs you to replace everything? including the hub, etc

Did you have to cut any wires to set up your cruise control button?

What if one day you decide to put it back to stock? Can you do it without altering the original steering wheel mechanism?

I've been contemplating an aftermarket steering wheel and besides dealing with a lack of an airbag, the loss of the cruise control bothered me. I see a few very nice solutions in the pics above. Are those custom made? Built specifically for those wheels? "Universal fit"?

J

NRG said:
pelletz, VERY NICE... I like this one!!! It matches the car....the black interior..the red cruise with the red speedometer, the momo ring with the billet instrument ring, the leather section with your perforated leather seats. etc.

How much did it costs you to replace everything? including the hub, etc

Did you have to cut any wires to set up your cruise control button?

What if one day you decide to put it back to stock? Can you do it without altering the original steering wheel mechanism?

Thanks for the compliments.

The wheel is ~$275-350, the SOS rapid hub is $192, and the sparco buttons are from Dali for ~$45. It was two hours labor, mainly for the wiring. It would be very easy to go back to stock, it would be about a 45min job. No stock components were altered.

I printed off info. from here and from Dali's website for the cruise wiring. It took the guys about 30 mins to map out the connections, but everything works great. It required splicing of wires to make the cruise function work, but no orginal OEM wires needed splicing, only the wires supplied for the buttons. I think it looks great and feels great to drive. I am very happy.

LEGENDr35, thanks for the photoshop. :smile:

VERY cool guys.

There is nothing worse than a steering wheel with an airbag to crap up the look of an interior.

How can you put racestuff and racing seats in your car and have an ugly steering wheel?? I don't get it!!

Well done though guys!!

Bill

Please excuse off-topic!
pain.gif

What's going on here (circled below)

attachment.php

Did you install a switch in there? (Perhaps for your amp turn-on? )

Whatever it is, looks like you did away with the internal temperature sensor - that would mean no closed loop control on your air conditioning.

Did you relocate it somewhere else or just eliminate it???

Attachments

• P1010575.jpg
    P1010575.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 6,002
Back