• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone tried this GruppeM exhaust?

http://www.gruppemeurope.com/exhaust_honda_nsx1.htm

It costs 2015 $ by todays currency rate. (Price 235.000 Yens) Looks nice... Wonder if it will fit '02 rear valence.

The information says:

· GruppeM exhaust systems are 100% hand made in Japan, and 100% made out of full Titanium.

Is the Version 3 made out of titanium as well? Seems cheap.

Regards

Adeel

|Adeel said:
http://www.gruppemeurope.com/exhaust_honda_nsx1.htm

It costs 2015 $ by todays currency rate. (Price 235.000 Yens) Looks nice... Wonder if it will fit '02 rear valence.

The information says:

· GruppeM exhaust systems are 100% hand made in Japan, and 100% made out of full Titanium.

Is the Version 3 made out of titanium as well? Seems cheap.

Regards

Adeel

That looks like the GruppeM V1 exhaust. I believe ediddynsx has that exhaust.

Psychobiology said:
That looks like the GruppeM V1 exhaust. I believe ediddynsx has that exhaust.

Yes I've heard soundclip/ seen a short movieclip of his exhaust. Very beautiful noise :)

I believe he said something about V1 being extremely rare or so.

Rare exhaust is good :biggrin:

Do a search on either the general forum or the Souther California forums, there have been many discussion regarding exhausts and GM in general.

I have the v3 myself, and Cdub on here has had v2, then v3, then back to v2 :) I also happen to catch a v1 a few weeks back, they all have the very distinguished high pitched, almost like a racing bike tone.

I am extermely happy with mine, and same with most other owners that I've spoke with. Note: GM v2 and v3 will require you to remove the cats. Also, I believe for 97+ you need some sort of adapter(custom?) to fit.

The titanium I believe is an option in addition to the regular stainless steel.

There should be few sound clips floating online.

ediddynsx's thread on his GruppeM V1 is:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58990
13289v1_side.jpg

http://www.gruppemeurope.com/exhaust.html

So is GruppeM Europe's NA1 Type 1 similar to ediddynsx's V1 exhaust?
attachment.php

Is GruppeM Europe's NA1 Type 2 a V2 or V3 exhaust?
attachment.php

Attachments

• NA1_Type1.jpg
    NA1_Type1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 479
  • NA1_Type2.jpg
    NA1_Type2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 486
SilverOne:

I know that NSXBOX have/ did have GruppeM with quad-tip exhaust (version 2 I think - saw it in a movieclip) - do you know more about this? A quad-tip GruppeM would be perfect for me :)

Also, do you know if GruppeM is still making V1 and V2? Because I thought they discontinued V1 when V2 came out on the market and then discontinued V2 when V3 came out.

Thanks.

You are correct. My understanding is both V1 and V2 have been discontinued, you'll need to look into the used market if you want to look for one. I don't know how many V1 are out there, Eddy's is the only I've seen in person and heard of in the US.

V1 is the single canister with single tip.
V2 and V3 both have dual canisters. V2 has dual tips, where V3 has single tip. The advantage of V3 is additional weight saving from V2.

Hope that helps. I think Cdub may have some more accurate weight information, he may post when he sees this thread.

Here are pics of my V3. Happy Shopping :)
6147GM.jpg

6147green.jpg

|Adeel said:
SilverOne:

I know that NSXBOX have/ did have GruppeM with quad-tip exhaust (version 2 I think - saw it in a movieclip) - do you know more about this? A quad-tip GruppeM would be perfect for me :)

Also, do you know if GruppeM is still making V1 and V2? Because I thought they discontinued V1 when V2 came out on the market and then discontinued V2 when V3 came out.

Thanks.

OK, here are some info. on top of what SilverOne has provided. I have no info on the extremely rare v1.

V2 weights around 28lbs. Bigger canisters. Tips won't fit 2002 valance. Fuller sound (priceless, good luck finding a used one).
v3 ss weights around 18lbs. It'll fit 2002 valance. Better power gain and louder than v2. ($2700)
v3 Ti weights around 12lbs. It'll fit 2002 valance. Even louder than v3 ss ($4000).

Here is my first v2:
3710prime_canyon_drive_2002_050-med.jpg

Here it the v2 off my car:
3710IMG_1276_small.JPG

Here is the v3 when I got ready to send it to the new owner:
3710IMG_4813_small.JPG

Will I ever try another exhaust? It is highly unlikely, but I'd never say no, since I said no the last few times.:cool:

Back