• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coolant temperature sensor

Can someone please tell me where it is exactly located? I check the manual and it said to remove the thermostat casing. Does it come together inside a thermostat or separate? I want to run a check on it. Thanks.

From the picture its the one coming from the coolant bottle right?

There is no sensor on the coolant expansion tank.

There are 3 coolant temp sensors on the NSX, one for the gauge, one for the ECU and one for the fan control unit. Which one are you interested in finding? Correction there are 4, add one on the pipe to the heater core

Last edited:
Its the one on page 1108 of 1420 on the manual.
Briank said:
There is no sensor on the coolant expansion tank.

There are 3 coolant temp sensors on the NSX, one for the gauge, one for the ECU and one for the fan control unit. Which one are you interested in finding? Correction there are 4, add one on the pipe to the heater core

7588Picture_007-2.JPG

Thanks. Just had a brief look at the location today and man that is a tight place. Do you know how much the part cost incase I need to replace it? Thanks.

Last edited:
The temperature gauge seems to be okay but my car have been running rich so I need to find out which part could be having problem.
Briank said:
Removing the air box will really help getting access. I tried to find the part on the Carland Acura site http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/ but could not find it. I would guess it would be $ 50 to $ 80. Are you having a problem with over heating or is your cooling fan running all the time?

The temperature gauge seems to be okay but my car have been running rich so I need to find out which part could be having problem.

Diagnosis: page 11-48

1. Bring car up to operating temperature (shut down)
2. Check to see if sensor resistance is 200-400 ohms. The resistance drops as the coolant temperature increases.

I think you are on the right track to solving your problem.

Drew

Jin1976 said:

This is the TW sensor your need to check. The picture above is for the sensor for the fan control and would have no effect on how rich the engine runs.
7588Picture_013-2-med.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Drew and BrianK. From the picture it looks like the sensor is right under the collant bottle. I guess the sensor might have problem since the bottle was leaking coolant last time.

Back