• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alarm FOB resetting p new battery

hi, have a 95 nsx-t. i took the batt out today to check the water level;
radio lost memory, etc. and i can't get the alarm key fob to set the alarm. if i lock the car, it will UNLOCK it though.... haven't started the car either actually yet...

what is the process/protocol of resynchronizing the alarm with the transmitter?

jim R
[email protected]

I'm not sure I completely understand your desription, especically the part about unlocking
It has possibly lost the fuse on the keyless entry - seems to be a quite common problem when disconnecting the battery. The fuse is actually located in the harness for the keyless entry control module, located under the glove-box.
Also of note, it will not work with the hood raised so if you're troubleshooting in that condition, problem is right there. Close the hood, then unlock & re-lock the car with the remote. All should be good.

oh ok, i will try that. yeah, i definitely had the hood up, i thought it'd alarm when i reconnect the battery. it would unlock it, when i manually lock it; but wouldn't arm itself; due to the hood up...got you.
thanks

jim R

Back