• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So we were sitting in the bar, having a beer...

It's a little neighborhood dive bar, smoky and this particular early evening about half filled with rednecks, bikers, regulars deep in their cups, and so on. My wife and I have just popped in for our first visit in a couple months and I'm checking out the barmaid, a cute young thing with tight shorts and a perky smile. The owner of the bar stops by our stools and chats it up with my wife for a bit and then all of a sudden the barmaid turns the jukebox all the way down and shouts out to the bar.

"Who's driving the NSX in the parking lot?"

My blood turned to ice. All I could imagine was that she would next announce that it'd been smashed by an F250 with dualies and a Rebel flag.

So I raise my voice and claim it as mine. She immediately comes over and starts gushing about how much she loves the car and how she's got NSX posters in her bedroom and how it's her "dream car" and what year is mine and is it stock and how long have I had it and on and on and boy she sure would like a ride in my car. My wife hears this and pipes right up and says sure, he'll give you a ride (gotta love my wife!). As it turns out, the barmaid is coming off her shift in a few minutes so before I get started on my 2nd beer, we're out the door.

You know the NSX fever that many of us have? The "True Believer" thing? This girl has it ... bad ... and this is the first time she's ever sat in one, much less ride. As we take off down the road and she's running her hands over the dash and seats and door panel and sort of just caressing my car, she tells me about her MR2 and how she really likes it but eventually of course she really wants an NSX. I totally understand where she's coming from having graduated from an MR2 myself.

Anyway, to make a long story a bit longer, after we'd cruised a couple miles I pulled into a parking lot and stopped, pulled the brake, popped my seatbelt and jumped out the door and said "trade me places - you drive". I thought she was gonna die. I totally hadn't planned on letting her drive but her enthusiam just got to me. Poor girl, when she let the clutch out the first time she stalled the car - I had to laugh, but after that she did fine and got a couple miles on NSX time on her resume. When we got back to the bar she got out of the car all bouncing like a ball, give me a big old hug and gave my wife a hug too. I think I made her day. :)

So, that's my story. I've met plenty of people of who like my car but as I said earlier, this girl is one of the True Believers. She'll have one of her own someday. I'm sure of it. I snapped a pic of her at the end - meet a future Prime member, her name is Kelly. :D

IMG_2474c.jpg

It's great to see someone else with that look and excitement we all had when we very first got our NSX. Of course, most of us never lose it ! It's like seeing a childs face on Christmas morning.:biggrin: :biggrin: It's awesome to see a woman with this reaction too.

I was a little worried your post was going to get XXX-rated when she started caressing your seats, and dash and inner thigh...oops...I got carried away. :redface:

Excellent post and I'm glad to see one of us sharing the joy of this little gift from Honda with other enthusiasts. Good on you for doing that.

I'm sure you made her day and think of all the fun she had telling her family and friends.

fantastic story.

Very nice story indeed.
Nice of you to add a cherry on top by allowing her to drive it once. I know she'll probably never forget that....until she gets her own.:wink:

Cool story. I can't believe how much attention my NSX gets.That was great that you let her drive...

Yesterday I was behind a school bus... I see at least 8 teenagers pressed up against the back glass ogling the car (it was just cleaned with the top off). Finally one sticks his head out a side window and yells "Dude, what kinda car is that?" I yelled "NSX"... he said "What?!" with a confused look. I said "Honda".... and he looked even more confused... :biggrin:

I like to tell people the car is a Honda and not an Acura... I don't know why.

Great story!! Tell her if she wants to ride in mine shes welcome too also :)

Not to get OT, but kudos to your wife, also. Talk about a secure woman, good catch! :biggrin: Hope I find one like that someday:)

Re: i like these

Very nice story..and very cool of your wife. Kudos to you and the wife for making someone's day or night brighter..:smile:

I agree big thumbs up. I looked but could not find a similar story on F-chat about a 355/360/430 someone let a waitress drive:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin:

Great story! I think many of us have been as generous to offer rides to admirers and on a more rare occasion let someone else drive our NSX. One of the many positive things I remember from NSXPO 2005 is giving a ride to a young kid who's mom worked at the headquarters hotel (Embassy Suites). She told him about the NSXs being at the hotel and he woke up before 5am to come into work with her so that he could see them all. Apparently he really took a liking to our car and so when I came out there later on he had asked for a ride, which I couldn't refuse since he showed such enthusiasm.

It's great that the cars we own can bring such joy to others in addition to ourselves. Once again that was a great story! :tongue: :biggrin:

Thats a nice story. Too bad youre married you probly could have hit that :wink: :biggrin:

Thanks everyone, it was fun and heartwarming too. Trust me when I say that I certainly do appreciate my wife and the free reign she gives me. :)

Like others have said...great story. It is amazing the joy a car can give to others. Such a gift. :)

Understudy said:
...One of the many positive things I remember from NSXPO 2005 is giving a ride to a young kid who's mom worked at the headquarters hotel (Embassy Suites). She told him about the NSXs being at the hotel and he woke up before 5am to come into work with her so that he could see them all...

Kind of reminds me of when life was simple....being little and getting excited enough about small stuff to wake up early and still watch cartoons and play with friends....or in this kids case, ride in an NSX. ;)

Funny I just name my car Kelly. :biggrin:

Back