• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My trip to the Honda Collection Hall

Just got back from my trip to Tokyo and Taipei and while in Tokyo, I finally made the trek to Twin Ring Motegi and the Honda Collection Hall. I left at 6am from Shinjuku and had to train hop with the bullet train finally landing me in Utsunomiya, where I then got on a bus to a stop near Twin Ring and took a taxi into Honda heaven and arrived at around 10:30:

222_2294.jpg

222_2298.jpg

223_2338.jpg

223_2323.jpg

223_2365.jpg

223_2366.jpg

223_2359.jpg

223_2377.jpg

223_2387.jpg

223_2390.jpg

223_2400.jpg

223_2399.jpg

224_2416.jpg

223_2369.jpg

224_2431.jpg

Definitely a very memorable experience! The visit made me even more proud to be a Honda fan. The history contained within the building was incredible! It was a pain to get there, but well worth the long trip. I ended up taking a taxi out of Honda Collection Hall to the train station to save time although it cost about $100.

Rest of the pictures are here:
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/HondaCollectionHall/

Last edited:
TommyN said:
My favorite is the 1967 Chevrolet Camaro in the main entry way! Any closeups of that car?

The "theme" at Honda Collection Hall currently is "Indy" so the main floor space was dedicated to Indy history, that's why they had a 1967 Camaro pace car from Indy on display. Honestly, it kind of stood out, since it was Honda Collection Hall, but given all the awesome Honda machinery I was surrounded by, I hardly noticed it. :biggrin:

Honda F1 Racing said:
The "theme" at Honda Collection Hall currently is "Indy" so the main floor space was dedicated to Indy history, that's why they had a 1967 Camaro pace car from Indy on display. Honestly, it kind of stood out, since it was Honda Collection Hall, but given all the awesome Honda machinery I was surrounded by, I hardly noticed it. :biggrin:
Nice, I just find it funny they have a Chevrolet in the front window @ the Honda museum. I don't think you will ever see that @ the National Corvette Museum. T

TommyN said:
Nice, I just find it funny they have a Chevrolet in the front window @ the Honda museum. I don't think you will ever see that @ the National Corvette Museum. T

The difference is, at Honda you can do that, because the Chevrolet is an inferior car. Now at the Corvette Museum, if they did just the opposite, they'd only be upstaging themselves. :biggrin:

Attachments

• NSXVette.jpg
    NSXVette.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 129
Am I going crazy or were there some more posts to this thread?

TommyN said:

Well, like I explained earlier, the Camaro is displayed for a reason. Otherwise, Honda wouldn't have bothered showcasing a Chevrolet in their museum just for kicks!

Awesome! Thanks for posting the pics. My wife and I were in Japan a couple years ago for the Tokyo Auto Salon. I really wanted to make it out to the Collection Hall, but the only time we had free was wrapped within a tight schedule. So, we put the trip to Twin Ring off. In retrospect, I'm kicking myself for not going.

Awesome pics .. thx for the post.

Btw, was there any mention that the white NSX is the one Senna personally drove around Suzuka w/ the infamous onboard cam?

hydrazine said:
Awesome pics .. thx for the post.

Btw, was there any mention that the white NSX is the one Senna personally drove around Suzuka w/ the infamous onboard cam?

Nope, that was not the NSX-R that Senna drove around Suzuka. Senna drove a 1992 NSX-R with the 5 spoke Enkei wheels when it was first introduced. This was a 1994 version that was supposedly owned by boxer Terry Norris.

Back