• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help-Lumpy Idle at times, bogging at low rpm...now white smoke out of exhaust

Hey everyone, the car did weird things today, its been running fine all day, until I start the car after sitting and it bogs at idle and lower rpm, after 3k seems to run fine. I didn't think anything of it, since it only did it when I first went through the lower gears AFTER just starting the car.

Checked my oil not thinking anything bad, and it looked fine. Took it one last time before dark and I could see white smoke coming out of the left tail pipe when I went through the gears, as it sat idle in the garage white smoke would still come out =(

I fear the worst although I havent checked the coolant level (it was too hot) and the oil wasn't milky but noticeable smoke was coming out...any help? it seems like the head gasket...

Is your car boosted or pretty much stock? Read my post in "Forced Air\NOS" about choke cleaner spray . . mine has a turbo and was idling like crap, i took off the intake from the turbo and blasted the throttle body . . and now I have a perfect idle again!!!

Sounds like it could be a blown head gasket.
frown.gif

Do a compression check and don't go driving the car around.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

I have nitrous but havent shot in a at least a month. I've driven the car probably over 500 miles with no symptoms till today.

ALso, what would explain the white smoke, if it was similar to your situation?

White smoke is an indacation of water in exhaust. This is a bad sign.

Please listen to Jimbo. Although this is a worst case scenario, it can be the cause of your problem.

You need to check for the blown head gasket.

------------------
Please visit http://www.nsxparts.com. The best place to buy and sell parts for your NSX.

5inchfatlip, did you have her checked out yet? if so whats the status of the engine
Best Regards David

Carma- possibly early next week. I'm kinda scared to take it in =)It really sounds like the head gasket, I am praying that the head or block isnt cracked.

I dont think I did it with the Nitrous (my bottle has been empty for a while), most likely by some overheating incidents I had in the last few months although I have driven the car more than 1500 miles since the last one. Thanks for the concern =) I'll keep you posted.

Back