• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Customized license plate

That can be misread as:

Lick Butt Eh?

Meaning that you ass kissed your way into a good job.
smile.gif

As a partner in Choice Internet, I was going to get, CHCE NSX for Choice NSX but that can be misread as Chicken Sex.

NA1 I believe is a code for NSX, someone else well have a better explaination.

C30a is the engine code. C30a and C32a C series block 3.0 liter displacement.

H82LOSE (Hate to lose) is a good one, I think

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 20 January 2001).]

Yeah..PUREVIL is right.
NA1 is code for older NSX (91-97) NA2 is for newer NSX (97+)
Other examples are, AP1 (S2000) DC2 (Integra)
and JZA80 (MKIV Supra)...etc
PUREVIL explained the engine code pretty well already so I think there's no need to elaborate

A bit late in the game here, but I always liked the idea of:

G R E E N - T

or

G R N - T E A

for my Brooklands Green '95-t

(So much so that it's become part of my Sig line for NSX posts, and my screename for the forums).

It's innocuous enough to not attract the wrong kind of attention, is a bit of nice tongue-in-cheek humor, and won't piss off the local constables. However, I can't shake the idea that it's still a bad idea to sport a vanity plate (hence the name 'vanity').

My California plate is "NSXY". Most people don't get it, which if fine with me.

It's actually fun to look in my rear view mirror at a stop light and watch multiple people in the car behind me point to the plate and try to figure it out. I can usually read their lips, and they ususally don't get it, because they don't know what kind of car they're looking at. They ususally think it's a Ferrari, they read the plate, and they guess that it means "Not SeXY", which makes no sense at all, even if it was a Ferrari. So they just sit there behind me trying to pronounce it over and over again, sometimes pulling up closer to read the "Acura" name in the tail lens. This does not help.

However, when the few people who do know the NSX are there behind me at the stop light, it's fun to see their expressions change when they point at the plate, say "NSeXY" and then smile.

I don't have a digital camera, so I can't post my plate here, but it does so look good on the CA Arts plate design: Palm trees on the left, NSXY in the middle, and a setting sun on the right. Life is good.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

The other day on I-95 I saw an older Corniche Convertible with the plate: GRAPUPON. I happen to like it, and suggested my father to order something similar for his RR.

Also, as I previously posted; my NSX has NSXLR8: my Cobra has 4ME2SPD; and my father has JAW LAW on his '97 Monte Carlo/Tan NSX-T.

My companys name is called Zabatt Inc. And I have the co.name on the rear hatch window.
So I decided when it is time to renew my registration, I will change my tag to:

ZBADNSX (Like THE BAD NSX, AND IT STILL SOUNDS LIKE MY COMPANY NAME, ZABATT)

Originally posted by NSEX:
Yeah..PUREVIL is right.
NA1 is code for older NSX (91-97) NA2 is for newer NSX (97+)
Other examples are, AP1 (S2000) DC2 (Integra)
and JZA80 (MKIV Supra)...etc
PUREVIL explained the engine code pretty well already so I think there's no need to elaborate

NA1 is actually for '91-'96 cars, and '91+ automatic cars. An '03 NSX with an auto tranny is still an NA1. In other words, 5 speed and automatic NSXs are NA1, and 6 speed NSXs are NA2s.

Sorry for reviving an inactive post =)

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 05 January 2003).]

Originally posted by RyRy210:
NA1 is actually for '91-'96 cars, and '91+ automatic cars. An '03 NSX with an auto tranny is still an NA1.

Sorry for reviving an inactive post =)

WoW, this thread is revived almost after 2 years!!

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
I betcha gonna put Tiger740 but too bad MA plate wont fit..!

I was thinking TigerNSX, but I guess that it's a same deal.. You are not sleeping yet?

Originally posted by JChoice:
I've wanted to do NSXAPL - do custom plates every draw unwanted attention?

My girlfriend has GOTCRVS on her car she gets pulled over all the time since she got it. It's always for some bull reason and they let her go. She's only gotten one ticket (for speeding). Can you guess what sex the cop was? ;-)

------------------

Good topic...

Since AZ is now a plate holding state, this plate will be briefly on my new NSX. Obviously it will need to be changed.
smile.gif

1KHPsmall.JPG

------------------
Dennis Walsh
WheelKinetics.com

I used to see a red NSX with the plate "DA BEST" which I think was intended to apply to the owner (a criminal lawyer that took himself a bit too seriously)and not the car. Too bad he had it the wrong way around.

I have always wanted 'SAYONORA' but in BC it would have to be shortened to 'SYONRA' or 'SYNORA' or something like that, which I doubt people would get.

Back