• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Piece of mind

It's about time!

Scheduled appointment with local Acura dealer.

1) Timing belt replace
2) H20 pump replace
3) All drive belts replace
4) All hoses replace
5) Spark plugs replace
6) Valve timing adjust
7) 24 point inspection includung brakes, hydralics, chassis, alignment,drivetrain, clutch & lube.

Ok, anything I might consider in addition to the above?
*Negotiated 15% discount already.
*Parts on order to be at dealer in advance of appointment.

*Printed applicable TSB's including Acura hose's TSB.
91 73K miles

Thanks in advance for any replies.

:smile:

I am doing the same in about 2 1/2 weeks when I get home. :smile: can't wait till I can drive it without worrying about it.

too bad for the same amt i could buy half of the bike i'm going to start saving up for soon :frown: oh well.

I'm gonna do the oil pan gasket and hoses also. What service bulletin is there for the hoses?

I think I heard that somebody here said some dealership in GA does 25% disc parts and 15% disc labor for nsxca members? I'm gonna look that up again and give them a call.... sounds too good to be true, heh.

Synthesis said:
What service bulletin is there for the hoses?
Here

Prime listed TSB's HERE

Humm. Oil pan gasket. Haven't thought of that. Any opinions? :smile:

you're awesome. i remember my car having leaked some coolant out of nowhere....and i couldn't figure it out....

think i could argue this at the dealer? mine's in the vin range.... would be nice to cut the price heh

skyguy said:
It's about time!

Scheduled appointment with local Acura dealer.

1) Timing belt replace
2) H20 pump replace
3) All drive belts replace
4) All hoses replace
5) Spark plugs replace
6) Valve timing adjust
7) 24 point inspection includung brakes, hydralics, chassis, alignment,drivetrain, clutch & lube.

Ok, anything I might consider in addition to the above?
*Negotiated 15% discount already.
*Parts on order to be at dealer in advance of appointment.

*Printed applicable TSB's including Acura hose's TSB.
91 73K miles

Thanks in advance for any replies.

:smile:

I'm thinking of the same thing too, how much am I looking at? Estimates please!!! :biggrin:

I am doing all that + headers & clutch. Only I have to go to Acura of Brookfield because Acura here in St. Louis wants twice as much and any of the local NSX wizards here are too busy to help me until the dead of winter and Barnman in Tennessee is laid up and can't get to me until the dead of winter. So desperate people do desperate things. Off to Wi. next Tuesday.

Acura of Brookfield is excellent.

If you'd prefer a place a bit closer, and/or you'd like to visit friends in Chicago during the service, I also recommend Woodfield Acura (847-519-9550) in Hoffman Estates, about 10 miles west of O'Hare. (Woodfield may be somewhat more expensive than Brookfield though, but the prices are still fair and they know what they're doing.)

Back