• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Club Sept. Meet - Taste of Sunnyvale

curve feeler maybe? :confused: sound kinda kinky. :biggrin: :biggrin:

are those the things that hang by the fender on those "pimpmobiles" with oversized wheels???:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

randomharmony said:
are those the things that hang by the fender on those "pimpmobiles" with oversized wheels???:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yup, you hit the NAIL on the head :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BTW, did you get a new set of wheels? They look different from your avatar.

Mike

:biggrin: :biggrin:

so that's what they were, uh..how am i supposed to know that?!!:cool: :confused: :biggrin: there're no pimps in our club, only geeks.

no, same wheel. but if gun metal is your favorite color for wheel, get the Axis Ultimate brake pad. put them on for a lil over 1 week, and that mug DUST like snowflakes!

speaking of which, don't know about san jose or sf, but i think sunnyvale may have the most nsx owners. see quite a few around.

San Jose has quite a few and where im at in Los Gatos theres a pretty good amount as well because a lot of retired rich people live here. I know of about 3 or 4 NSX's within only 2-3 miles of me.

I don't think you can tell where the car is from by were you happen to see it? or can you..?:confused:

I hope the next meet isn't an incognito sale presentation. Unless it's something truely specific to the NSX of course.:biggrin:
I enjoy attending events that foster our affinity for the car we've invested in.:smile:

Last edited:
carlos,

you are right, but i personally know 4, 5 nsx owners that lives in sunyvale, not just regular run-ins.

i'll take note to your suggestion. given that there's no SOS, comptech or dali in the bay area, it'll be hard to find a shop especially catered to nsx. maybe you know some place?

Bigwheel was able to help Yawwn to find wheels for his wide body nsx, and have a lot of experience in tires/suspension/brakes. plus they are local. i also thought the PLX gauges were pretty interesting with the color display. i don't think they were trying to sell us anything, but just introduce their shop and product to us.

They seeemed to be a stand up outfit.
But, local or not I compared their price to what Tire Rack is able to give me and they were close to $40 a tire more!!. :eek: Even with shipping they are more expensive. Plus they had no NSX specific setups ready to show us. I would rather have lunch at Macaroni Grill next time.:wink:

we'll all love macki grill, definetly can go back there in the future.

i actually think your dawn patrol drive is a lot more fun if we can get more ppl to participate. i was thinking maybe we can find a mid point in the bay area, (maybe out on the coast), and we can divided into 3 groups, south bay, east bay, sf. All the routes will be planed out in advance and the last group to get to the point buys the first group lunch.

let me know what u think, and we can work out the details.

randomharmony said:
i actually think your dawn patrol drive is a lot more fun if we can get more ppl to participate.
Thanks! :smile: Regarding how much more fun it could be....you should ask the guys that participated if more people would have made it more fun. My feeling was the roads the scenery, the pace and certainly the company is what made it fun.
randomharmony said:
i was thinking maybe we can find a mid point in the bay area, (maybe out on the coast), and we can divided into 3 groups, south bay, east bay, sf. All the routes will be planed out in advance and the last group to get to the point buys the first group lunch.
Sounds like you are discribing a rally of some kind... :confused: Having seperate groups I feel defeats the intention of having club unity. The suggestion that you will have to pay for coming in last in some event would certainly discourge me from participating. :eek: Why wouldn't the region pay for lunch? We all pay dues..?

I guess I see you at Macki Grill next month??:biggrin:

NSFRBLX said:
Having seperate groups I feel defeats the intention of having club unity.

not really, it would be just like regular caravan with different starting point. most ppl come from 3 regions, south bay, east bay, sf. and we are heading to the same meeting point.

NSFRBLX said:
The suggestion that you will have to pay for coming in last in some event would certainly discourge me from participating. :eek:

this is just to make things interesting. it would take some effort to coordinate this, the details would have to be iron out, i.e., the rountes, starting time and group have to be announce in advance, so it'll be fair for everyone.

NSFRBLX said:
Why wouldn't the region pay for lunch? We all pay dues..?

not really, a lot of ppl attend to club meet is not member of NSXCA. while we encourage ppl to attend, the region has budget every year for all the events we put together and we like to see different venues.

NSFRBLX said:
I guess I see you at Macki Grill next month??:biggrin:

Next month is east bay, Nalesh is helping to put together next month's meet @ Hoover's shop.

Originally Posted by NSFRBLX
Having seperate groups I feel defeats the intention of having club unity.
randomharmony said:
not really, it would be just like regular caravan with different starting point. most ppl come from 3 regions, south bay, east bay, sf. and we are heading to the same meeting point.

Originally Posted by NSFRBLX
The suggestion that you will have to pay for coming in last in some event would certainly discourge me from participating.
randomharmony said:
this is just to make things interesting. it would take some effort to coordinate this, the details would have to be iron out, i.e., the rountes, starting time and group have to be announce in advance, so it'll be fair for everyone.

Shane,
Thank you..!
I didn't realize what I thought or felt was improper. I guess I don't need therapy any longer:wink: Is it OK to think that Shane???

if we find a meeting place where it connects to the back roads in the bay area with the different region, it should be a fun, scenic drive with some pace.

maybe not the dawn patrol, but one of the future meets.

randomharmony said:
if we find a meeting place where it connects to the back roads in the bay area with the different region, it should be a fun, scenic drive with some pace.

maybe not the dawn patrol, but one of the future meets.
Look around.....there are roads everywhere.:rolleyes:
The major consideration is the amount of traffic you'll encounter when you start later in the day.
Just because you can't get out of bed in the morning.:tongue:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just move here from Orange County and would like join your Nsx club. I own a 1994 Nsx formula red

Back