• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 NSX vs 2000 Trans Am

My brother and a couple of our buddies decided to do a late night cruise down pch and when i mean late night i mean early morning around 2am-5am. We wanted to cruise cause our friend just recently got his SC 400 freshly painted and another just got a 2000 trans am that night.

here is a couple of pictures (have to love the red)

at THE HAT in brea before the cruise
DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

here is my brothers 97 saleen, best friends 944 turbo, and my 92 nsx
DSC00247.jpg

I know most of you guys on prime are highly against racing but i assure you no one and i mean no one was on the street this late at night around 3-4am and i take full responsibility of my actions and myself being more of a cruising type than aggressive this night i wanted to see how the mighty NSX, mine is a 92 with short gears and type final drive, compared to the american muscle 5.7 trans am. Thats a whole 2.7 L more than mine so i wasnt too optimistic about going up to the beast.

Well long story short we never got the chance to line up at a light so we raced 3 times with me being 3rd and in vtec we finally ran. The results were pretty DEAD EVEN! the first run he got me by a bumper because he guned it before i did, the second run we were dead even, and the 3rd i came up a bumper because i stomped on it a little sooner than he did. We all met up at a gas station after all that and he told me that we hit around 130 mph.

I just wanted to share this experience with you guys and i hope i didnt offend any of you. Him and I are soon planning to take it to the track along with the 944 turbo.

I dont think short gears help at that speed...I think 1st to 2nd is the best pull with short gears.

well i just heard from my brother he is now bragging at work, they work together, and he cant believe his Trans Am beat a NSX. It makes me wonder how I would do off the line if i launch correctly because i honestly feel the nsx is strong 1st and 2nd and i would be able to pull on the trans am.

Best is to try race in the racetrack and see who got the fastest time around the ring. My bet would be on the NSX. :smile: Btw what wheels do you have on the car?

hahah for sure guys! id love to take the nsx against a Trans Am at the track and run circles around him :biggrin:

The wheels are OZ superleggera III...3 piece wheel.

I found this on google and its pretty interesting. 93 nsx turbo vs. 02 WS6 for $1000. I wonder whose nsx is this

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25677

there is some trash talking about NSX...and they really under estimate the nsx.

Back