• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago-Area NSXCA Meeting Wednesday March 7

Our monthly meeting of the NSX Club of America will again take place Wednesday evening. We'll be meeting at 6:30 pm at Pauly Acura in Highland Park, Illinois. Afterwards, we’ll have dinner at a local restaurant. Directions to Pauly Acura can be found at http://www.paulyacura.com/interactive_directions.cgi

Here are some of the questions that we might be discussing at this meeting:

1. In the past, we've had some kind of event each spring - a wine-tasting dinner last year, other stuff. Do we want to have an event like this in spring? If so, what kind - and would someone like to volunteer to plan it? We could do something relatively simple, like a brunch or dinner... or are we too busy working on NSXPO 2001 to take this on?

2. Do we want to designate one or two of the CGI Motorsports events at GingerMan as a "bring out the NSX's" event? In other words, even though CGI is holding ten events during the year, and there will probably be a handful of NSX's at ANY of these, do we want to pick one or two to bring out as many NSX’s as can attend? Perhaps one of the family day events?

This is the schedule for this year:

April 14
May 14
May 28
June 18
July 2
July 23
August 6
August 27
September 24
October 8

More info at http://www.cgimotorsports.com

3. Each year for the past four, we've had our annual Midwest NSX Jazzfest in late August or early September. Do we want to do that again this year, or is it too close to NSXPO 2001 and we might be too busy?

4. Do we want to send out a local/regional newsletter? If so, is someone willing to put this together?

5. Are we comfortable with our current monthly meeting site and timing? Or does it exclude people who live too far and for whom the traffic is too bad at that hour to attend? Should we consider a different schedule - for example, meeting somewhere each month on a Saturday or Sunday morning instead, followed by lunch/brunch at a local restaurant?

All items to talk about at the meeting on Wednesday. Hope to see you there.

Hey if I lived in the Windy City I'd be there! So far your the closest NSX related event to me, yet still to far to just drive down for the weekend!
frown.gif

Also isn't Highland Park where Micheal Jordan lives???

Hey if I lived in the Windy City I'd be there! So far your the closest NSX related event to me, yet still to far to just drive down for the weekend!

Your drive to Wisconsin for NSXPO 2001 will be significantly shorter than for many of the folks there, who will be coming from the East Coast, Florida, Texas, California, etc. You're lucky to live so close!
smile.gif

Also isn't Highland Park where Micheal Jordan lives???

Yes, I believe so. But I don't think he's coming to our meeting this month.

Back