• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic Car Toy Run

You know whats crazy! All these people Never the (A) emblem for Acura, or even the Name Acura. The Always advertise Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche, Bentley.
They will ask the Nsx crew to come out, then you never get props because its a Acura!
Cars for the Cure and Winter Park Concours, here in Orlando same thing. One of the best made and low cost maint Supercars and NO RESPECT :mad:

Oster

FLA NSX FIXER - You know whats crazy! All these people Never the (A) emblem for Acura, or even the Name Acura. The Always advertise Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche, Bentley.
They will ask the Nsx crew to come out, then you never get props because its a Acura!
Cars for the Cure and Winter Park Concours, here in Orlando same thing. One of the best made and low cost maint Supercars and NO RESPECT

Oster

So true Oster, I feel your pain! I would like to go to this but I just got back from a week down in Miami for thanksgiving! (too lazy to drive the 3 hrs. down!):rolleyes: I know the South Florida NSX group will represent us well anyway!:wink:

Jay

Just registered. This is Toys For Tots right and not Toys For Tits so no nipple clamps right?

I found this a bit amusing......From the thread on F-Chat. I guess if it's gonna break it might as well be at a dealership. :biggrin:

SCHEDULE / ITINERARY
DECEMBER 9, 2006.
8:30am – Arrive at The Collection
8:30am – 9:30am – Lite-bite breakfast at The Collection
9:30am – Leave The Collection, drive to Shelton Ferrari
10:30am – Arrive at Shelton Ferrari
10:30 - 11:30am - Break at Shelton Ferrari
11:30am – Leave Shelton Ferrari, drive to Amici
12:30pm – Arrive at Amici
12:30 - 2:00pm – Lunch at Amici & toy collection

I'm in. Sounds like there will be a big turnout!

Doesn't it strike you as a little ironic that it is a charity event for underprivaleged kids, but the event itself is showing off our exotic sportscars? Not complaining... just wondering if one if the kids (if there) would think "Wow! Thanks for the teddy bear...hope you wreck your Ferrari driving home." :cool: :confused:

Ski_Banker said:
Doesn't it strike you as a little ironic that it is a charity event for underprivaleged kids but the event itself is showing off our exotic sportscars? .

Not really since it's mostly those with the available disposable income that are the biggest contributors to charities. There are dozens of charity events held each year where the jewelry alone worn by some of the women is worth more than any 10 of the cars that will show up for the toy run.

Hugh said:
Not really since it's mostly those with the available disposable income that are the biggest contributors to charities. There are dozens of charity events held each year where the jewelry alone worn by some of the women is worth more than any 10 of the cars that will show up for the toy run.

Very true, but usually the events themselves are a nice dinner, a show, maybe an orchestra which aren't inherently pretencious. A charity event with Liz Taylor rolling around naked on pile of diamonds however....

Again not a complaint, and it IS for a good cause. :smile:

Here's a list of cars so far.......

Fred Ferrari Challenge Stradale
Griff Porsche Carrera S
Eddie Ferrari 360 Modena
Scott MINI Cooper S JCW
Jon
Dr. Robert Acura NSX
Armando Acura NSX
Michael BMW M Roadster
Hector Ferrari 550 Maranello
Tomas Porsche Cayman
David Acura NSX-T
Frank Acura NSX
Mark Ferrari 550
Mauricio Ferrari 360-rosso fiorano
Robert Ferrari 360 spider
MARTIN Ferrari 360
Jon-Peter "Gang-Star" Ferrari Modena "EC" Styee-lo, *****!
Garrison Ferrari 575
Edward Ferrari 308GTS
Ron Ferrari 365GTB/4
Richard Ferrari 348 TB
Bill Acura NSX
Joel Ferrari 456 M GT
Thomas Lotus Elise
David Hyundai Tiburon
William Ferrari F40
Hugh Acura NSX
Jim Ferrari 360 F1 Spider
Robert Ferrari 355 F1
Ron Ferrari BB512i
Oscar Honda S2000
Mara Ferrari 430 Spider
Richard Crysler srt8
Carlos Ferrari 360 Spider
Hector porsche 911 C2 cab
Steve mitsubishi evo ix mr
Kenneth ferrari 360 modena berlinetta
Dee Honda S2000
Vincent Dino 246GTS
MASSIMINO Ferrari F360 SPIDER
Jon acura nsx
Alfredo Ferrari 456 GT
Michael Ferrari 550 Maranello
Bonnie Ferrari 308 GTBi QV

--------------------

:biggrin: LOL, well for that day, the Hyundai is exotic. It will be the ONLY one there. I cant believe you guys dont want to pile in it, and save gas money :wink: :tongue:

Oster

Hugh said:
A Tiburon too! I'm getting chills down my spine.

Hey Doc,

Are you guys planning on driving to MIA or meeting them in Fort Lauderdale?

Maybe all the nsx that are going from up this way can meet up and drive down either way.

GEENSX said:
Hey Doc,

Maybe all the nsx that are going from up this way can meet up and drive down either way.

Just a quick not, if you do not start the rally in Miami(The Collection) you will not be given your credentials in order to participate in FHPs caravan.

Armando

Thanks Armando, well that answer part of my question.

GEENSX said:
Hey Doc,

We are going to try and get a caravan down to Miami from Boca. I'll keep you up on the plans, but it looks like we may be leaving at 6:45-7:00am.

I posted on F-Chat to ask exactly where at Glades and The Tpke the caravan will depart from. The parking lot on the North side of Glades with the Starbucks and the Fedex Kinkos is perfect since you can pull right out of there and right onto the Turnpike ramp.

Waiting to see what the exact location is.

I will be driving from PBG, if anyone would like to meet and caravan down id love too!!

dlynes said:
I will be driving from PBG, if anyone would like to meet and caravan down id love too!!

Why not hop off the TPKE at Glades and join the official caravan leaving from Boca? I plan to be there by 6:45

Check out this post from F-Chat.

tifosiron from F-Chat said:
Our regular spot is the Burger King lot. But I agree, this time lets meet in front of the Kinko's on the NE corner of Glades Road and the Turnpike.

Back