• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New subwoofer box

Tamoske

Suspended
One day i was sitting and thinking what to do to my nsx stereo looked and the zeloomans jobs and decided to make new box with 2 EIGHT inches" subwoofers between seats.i could say its not very easy to this as i thought but now after 2 weeks i'm finishing my subwoofer box with two 8" HERTZ subwoofer.i think it must sound wery wery good.if someone interested i could put some pictures of my job.
NOT FOR SALE!!!!

Last edited:
after 4 days you could see final box if someone inetrested PM me
also i will drop some final pictures here

Attachments

• 07-01-14_15-46_resize.jpg
    07-01-14_15-46_resize.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 501
dude... seriously... you can't post UNFINISHED pictures like that and say it's going to be $800!! Also, you didn't give any details... looks as if you will lose your rearview mirror (Illegal in some states), also what about the center console? what kind of finish? dimensions? :confused:

OK I WILL POST FINISHED PICTURES NEXT WEEK.PRICE WILL BE THE SAME AND THEN IT'S YOUR TURN TO BUY OR NO.
SORRY FOR EARLY POST!!!!!:frown:

Last edited:
Don't take offense... I wasn't trying to bash you or your box. I just think especially with a crowd like this, you need to at least have a decent looking mock-up before you put it out there. It's an interesting design and I'm sure with a finished product, you could get quite a few sales... :biggrin:

NOT GOLD NSX I WAS LOOKING AT ZELOOMANS SUBWOOFERS BOXES AND DECIDED TO DO MY OWN.HIS IS UNDER CARPET AND MINES IS BETWEEN SEATS.
ALSO GOLD NSX DONT BE ANGRY WITH THIS THAT ILL TRY TO DO SOME INTERESTTING THINGS. :biggrin:

I CAN SAY TO ALL MEMBERS OFICIALY YES I LOOKED ANT GOLD NSX CENTER PIECE BUT IVE DONE IT MYSELF-IT WAS YOURS IDEA ABOUT THIS AND IF ITS SOMETHING WRONG --I APOLOGIZE YOU!!!!!!!
BUT ALL THE TAILIGHT WITH LEDS I DECIDED TO DO BEFORE ONE YEAR AND ITS NOT A ENORMOUS HORRIBLE THING THAT PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES THINK ABOUT THE SAME THINGS!!

You thinking something like this?

nsx009.jpg

yes something like this but a little bit differen i'll drop finaly pictures of my subwoofer box with 2 subwoofers.also i saw Zelooman job but i thought it could be not practical on the floor.so i decided to do between seats.

Don't take offense... I wasn't trying to bash you or your box. I just think especially with a crowd like this, you need to at least have a decent looking mock-up before you put it out there. It's an interesting design and I'm sure with a finished product, you could get quite a few sales... :biggrin:

+1.... i wouldn't take any offense... its always a good idea to show the final product before releasing prices or pre-orders.... unless you have a series of products which has built a reputation for you, or your products in terms of quality, outcome, etc... its hard to get people to shell out money on just a rough prototype...

but looks like its coming a long... good luck! :smile:

Agree with JDMnsxR. Just two reminders: Camber kit and header group-buy where things were promissed and took months or never to be fulfilled.

i thought it could be not practical on the floor.so i decided to do between seats.

I do not know why you would think that. Bass is non-directional. So, having it in the foot well does not hinder the results. The bass feels like it is coming from the back. It is AMAZING! Plus, I have 2 designs. one visible and one hidden, well, I guess they both can be hidden, with a floor mat. I guess one is a small loss from stock and one is no loss.

I do not know why you would think that. Bass is non-directional. So, having it in the foot well does not hinder the results. The bass feels like it is coming from the back. It is AMAZING! Plus, I have 2 designs. one visible and one hidden, well, I guess they both can be hidden, with a floor mat. I guess one is a small loss from stock and one is no loss.

Actually, ideal is to have bass from the front, not the rear since your speakers are up front and you want the bass to blend. Many high-end car stereo systems go through very elaborate lengths to get bass up front. Less phasing issues that way too.

Last, sub enclosures work better when they "couple" to the car's body, and the front location can do this and between the seats cannot.

Tamoske I think its great that you try new things, but I think between the seats is not nearly as good as the factory location for a subwoofer.

Finaly done this box with subwoofers :biggrin: no only leather ir carbon and ready to gooo :wink: :rolleyes:
If someone interested PM :cool:

Attachments

• 07-01-17_16-10_resize.jpg
    07-01-17_16-10_resize.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 07-01-18_13-38_resize.jpg
    07-01-18_13-38_resize.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 07-01-18_14-22_resize.jpg
    07-01-18_14-22_resize.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 07-01-18_14-36_resize.jpg
    07-01-18_14-36_resize.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 07-01-18_14-361_resize.jpg
    07-01-18_14-361_resize.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,008
No offense, but there is no way I would put that in my NSX.

1. You can't see out the back at all.

2. It pinches the bolster of both seats which will eventually cause wear/cracking.

3. It just looks completely overwhelming.

4. If you are adament about adding multiple subs there is a better, more stealth way of doing it.

5. There are now several decent slim design neodyn 10" subs with mounting depths of 3" +/- and volume requirements of 0.3-.05 ea.

For example, this I would consider and with something like the Elemental Design SQ10 you could probably thin it out another 1" or taper it towards the top so the seats still go almost all the way back... Especially if you only used one on each side and the sub was located towards the bottom. I think two 10" subs with 500w or so would be PLENTY in the NSX. My single 10 eD with 300w does a pretty good job, so another would probably raise it about another 3db.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37167

4319Stereo_Install_Aug_03_001-med.jpg

Last edited:
how do you plan to reproduce these subwoofer boxes? or are these one-off pieces you're making. also one suggestion... might want to leave a bit of room, as it looks like your box follows very snuggly along the seat contours...

im sure each driver has their seats in various tilt and forward positions...

just a thought...

and another thought...gotta do something about, um, letting the driver look through to the back. Always nice to be able to look to the back when...backing up. Might help w/ lane changes too.

Why do some people look specifically for lightweight wheels, and then drop in huge sub boxes in their cars? :confused:

*just playing around! lol*

its imposible to do something to look backwards but i dont need it because everyone has side mirrors.another sorry Zelooman but i dont like your subwoofers because its doesnt have space for the passengers legs and when you driving with girls etc want to listen to good music all the volume goes to passengers chest!!!sorry for my minds.another thinking its impossible to do some space between seats because all is in milimetres.
now one thing i'll try to see how it sounds.sorry but I TRYED TO MAKE SOMETHING BUT NSX IS NOT SUPORTED FOR LISTENING TO MUSIC AND MULTIMEDIA!!!

Last edited:
Hey, if your happy with it and don't need to be able to see out the back then more power to you. I think we are all happy for you. But I don't think you will have any takers to purchase this. As several have pointed out your design has way too many compromises.

FACT: Bass is very non-directional. Therefore, all the "volume" from a footwell mounted sub DOES NOT go right into the passenger. I guarantee that if you took a SPL reading sitting in the passenger seat and drivers seat with a 50hz tone that they would be almost identical.

BTW: Zetoolman's v3 box only gives up 1" of footspace. Are the girls you driving around 6'4" amazons or they guys in drag?

We were just trying to help point out some shortcomings of your design and offer suggestions that would give as good or if not better end results with much fewer compromises.

But if you want to take the "I like it and if others don't like it, then don't have to buy one" attitude that is what is going to happen - no one will buy one. Because you ignored what people want to buy, which is an alternative to the footwell sub location or a way to add multiple subs without turning the NSX into a giant speaker.

its like with nsx lambo doors everyone want them but want minimum job to mount them and for non $ i dont think that 1200$ for those doors are not millions but not about this we talk.so i cant change something in it because nsx seats are not like recaro or etc with a lot of space between them also think whats the best place to put subwoofer into nsx?i thought only to places between seats and into the place of old subwoofer soorry but i dont like zellomans job maybe because i caant hear how sounds his subwoofer.

Back