• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Work Meister S2R vs. Work VS-SS Wheels - What are the Differences?

I'm still trying to decide on the right rim for my car and both of these are on my list. I would love to find a set of Work Equips, but that seems highly unlikely at this point. Anyways, I really like both of these wheels, but I'm having a hard time seeing what is different between these rims. Here are some pictures:

Work Meister S2R's

12130s2r.jpg

12130rooftop1_1_.jpg

Work VS-SS

12130vs-ss.jpg

6511trio1.jpg

As far as I can tell, here are the differences:

1. Work Meister S2R's fit factory and Brembo brakes - VS-SS don't fit Brembo's
2. VS-SS appear to be discontinued (big surprise there! :biggrin: I'm having no luck!)

Other than those differences, they seem to be virtually identical. I might have already answered my own question, but if there are any experts on here that know any more about either of these rims, please let me know.

For whatever reason, I kind of like the VS-SS wheels better, however I'll probably end up going with the Meister S2R's, since they actually still make those! I better hurry up, though, as from my searches on here, it seems like they've been around for several years.

The one with the rivets looks to be a 3 piece wheel. Also, the valve stem is on the lip for the S2R's while the VS is on the inner barrel coming out at an angle.

yea the one with the rivets is probably 3 piece while the other is 2 piece.

Back