• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best place/way to get Tempur-Pedic mattress?

ebay.jpg

if you're willing to consider generic or none name brands... i hear costco.com has some great ones... my friend has it... and honestly... it does feel just like it... unless you had 2 side by side... you really wouldn't know... PLUS for the savings... its really worth considering...

fwiw, I have one, and after you're done sticking all of your sheets, bedding, etc. on top it's not that dramatic of a difference between it and a regular mattress... there is a degree of novelty that wears off in about a month, then its just a bed with fancy advertising.

I was searching for these online a few months ago and found a place I was going to purchase on from until I got one locally. I could not find the place for you, sorry. Do searches for memory foam mattress or combinations of those words. Remember Tempur Pedic is just a brand name and not the end all be all for memory foam mattresses so don't get caught up on the name brand so much.

im in the market for a new bed, my current one has REALLY messed up my back. i was considering memory foam, there are a ton of companies out there that sell them (like this one http://www.healthyfoundations.com/memory_foam_mattress.html ) - but my wife isn't too keen on a memory foam mattress. one huge plus for us is the stairwells are very narrow and we very likely cant get even a queen sized mattress upstairs. the one above comes vaccuum packed as a cylinder and is shipped via UPS. i could just lug it upstairs (all 100+ lbs for a king) and open it in the bedroom.

I'd recommend getting a good non-pillowtop bed then adding a 3-4" memory foam topper if you like the memory foam.

Most of those memory foam beds are just 3-4" of memory foam set on top of normal foam. The ones at costco are like this and are prob the cheapest you'll find and are prob just as good. You really only need that thickness anyway since the foam distrubutes your weight over that thickness.

I'd recommend looking at getting a latex foam topper instead too.

In addition to the mattresses you'll find in the store at Costco, my local Costco also sells genuine Sealy Posturepedic mattresses that you can order there (there's a display kiosk near the exit, where they have displays for their other custom services like window blinds, financial services, etc). I see that they also have quite a selection of Sealy Posturepedic mattresses for sale on their website at costco.com. (I am aware that Tempurpedic is a different brand from Sealy.)

well, as it works out, we cant fit a 'normal' mattress up the stairwells at the new house, thus we're reduced to something we can bend. as it turns out, my brother in law's wife works for a new england furniture chain called Bob's which sells an excellent tempur-pedic knock off called the bob-o-pedic for a decent price.

https://mybobs.com/bedding/parent.asp?p=memory foam

as it also happens, we can apparently get 30-50% off if we let her buy it, so that's what we're doing. my back is a wreck anyway and yesterday the doctor put me on anti-inflammatories and Soma (supposed to be some sort of a pain killer, but not like any im familiar with) and i spent the evening at the hospital getting xrays so i'm looking forward to this bed.

I own a furniture store and can get them at cost if you want to pay the shipping. Im not sure of the cost price but I can look at it tomorrow. Its not the "temper pedic", but as stated above.... thats just a brand name. Visco elastic memory foam is the same no matter what name is sewn in...

Be gald to help out!

hey, thanks for the offer, not sure if it would make sense given the distance but i'm certainly curious as to what cost is. I'm looking for a king with the split firmness (not sure if every brand offers this) - my wife likes firm and i like what bob's calls 'plush'. I mean if they can sell them to us at 50% off and still make a profit, they must have one hell of a markup!!

hey, thanks for the offer, not sure if it would make sense given the distance but i'm certainly curious as to what cost is. I'm looking for a king with the split firmness (not sure if every brand offers this) - my wife likes firm and i like what bob's calls 'plush'. I mean if they can sell them to us at 50% off and still make a profit, they must have one hell of a markup!!

Have you ever tried a motionless water bed before ?

Offers split firmness and you cant tell the difference between a regular matress hardley. I dont know how this compares to a foam matress but you should try one out and see if you like it. The king will also fit up a narrow set of stairs and you just fill the water tubes to your desired firmness. Its alot cheaper then a regular matress and last twice as long if not more.

Thanks Bailey, I actually had slept on one for probably 10 years but it really was sort of a pain and with the old construction around here, many rentals don't allow water beds. My wife would never go for it anyway.

Ok I checked on my cost today and for a queen size it will run 599 and for a King it will run 749.

this is for the 4in. high density foam and 6in firm base matress. It is a total of 10in. mattress. I layed out on one on my showroom today and i didnt really realize how comfy they were...:eek:

Let me know if anyone is interested, I will be placing an order early next week and the company is local so there is no shipping... I pick them up!!!

:wink:

Thanks again, very generous of you... I can't believe you have them in stock and you've never even tried one!! They do seem VERY comfy, I can't wait to sleep in a bed again next to my wife. I've been on the downstairs couch on and off for 2 weeks.

Well...... off to the couch to do some reading before I sack some Z's......

The plus side, if you sleep with a restless sleeper, they are great. You can't even tell when someone gets into or out of bed.

The minus side, if you keep your house cool, they are a brick when you first get in them. (They are very hard when cold, as body heat activates the foam.) We use an electric blanket on the lowest setting to keep this from happening. Instructions say it will break down the foam, but I believe that is at much higher temps.

Had the Tempur-pedic three years and I still occasionally miss the warmth of my old water bed. Never liked the tempur pillows much.

Last edited:
Reviving this thread ........... any updates from those using foam mattresses, pros vs cons? Is there truly a big difference when compared to spring mattress?

Costco has introduced a new Novaform model after clients apparently complained to Novaform that they were having a harder time getting out of bed. This is supposed to be a firmer mattress and comes with 20 years limited warranty.

Also when did Eastern King changed from being 78"x80" to 76"x80" ..... tells you how old my bed set is!!

We got ours from Relax-the-Back and to be very frank, though certainly "sleepable," I sleep just as sound on the regular mattress. The tempur-pedic now resides in one of the guest bedrooms.

I have a 3" add on foam from Sam's club for under $100. IT works fine on my regular mattress. The Temper-pedic prices are ridiculous.

I've always had issues with sleeping so I pulled the trigger on this bed. I bought directly from Tempurpedic and got a 0% interest 18 month financing. I don't think they offer this anymore. It is indeed an improvement on my old bed. I don't exactly sink in as deep as I would have though to support my whole body when I lay on my side. But laying on my stomach doesn't hurt my back at all. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the bed.

I got my queen size tempurpedic off of craigslist for 800. It was a month old with the receipt to prove it. The couple had to move and after checking it out, we agreed to the price and I even got it delivered for nothing.

If anyone is looking for a mattress, theres a good deal on a mattress from W Hotels that comes up every now and then. 40% off and the mattresses get very good reviews, they use them at W Hotels, and you can find them at Nordstroms. I hate shopping for mattresses because the negotiation factor is worse than shopping for a car.

Link to the deal and discussion
. It's a 40% off coupon meant for employees that you can use.

Link to W Hotels store. Coupon code Q96TE.

Almost 6 years since I posted here about my aching back and purchasing a memory foam mattress. My lower back and neck are worse than ever, I HATE this mattress and so does my wife. We need to figure out something that will fit up our stairs, may have to go with two Twin XL instead of a king. Off to mattress shop today.

Back