• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Y2K NSX questions

Can anyone verify that only 250 are being produced this year? This is what the dealer told me when I purchased my new T.

Are those annoying air bag warnings on the visor removable? I can't seem to take them off.

Has anyone heard of any 0-60 acceleration times for the stock Y2K 6 speed model?

Would anyone characterize the Premium Unleaded served at Costco gas pumps as adequate for the NSX?

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black)
"Reality is better than the dream"

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 28 March 2000).]

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 28 March 2000).]

I can only answer the question regarding Costco gas. It is the same grade of fuel in the entire holding tank. The only difference is that the higher octane is pumped from the top, whereas the lower octane is pumped from the bottom with all the sludge and crud.

I would go with a known brand and this is why. Over the years I've owned many cars from my poor days to my not so poor days. During my poor days I bought the cheapest possible stuff and I had problems with carburetors, injectors, etc. During my not so poor days I've bought Chevron with Techron and Shell with this and Texaco with that and my engines in all my three cars have lasted a looong time without any gas related problems. You have a wonderful car now, give her the best.

That's what I figured. With my first car, I used Arco gas and frequently had problems. After that, I switched to Chevron and the problems went away. When Costco started offering gas, I couldn't resist their low prices (especially with the way prices are NOW). Though I haven't had any problems using Costco gas in my last car, I somehow suspected the NSX deserved better. And my NSX will be needing its FIRST fill up either tomorrow or Thursday (yes, it's THAT new).

The Chevron near home is pretty competitive, so I'm not TOO concerned about how much additional money I'll be paying per gallon. Of course, I'll still have to get used to the premium prices.

Oh the price of living a dream...

Ok, here is the deal...

Can anyone verify that only 250 are being produced this year?

Yes, that does seem to be the case. I just bought Y2K NSX #51, a wonderful Yellow/Black wonder. It took me 6 months to locate and purchase. There are currently on 10 in the country like it. Since it is April, and mine is brand new, and it is only #51, then I would tend to believe that supply may be limited. I could have ordered on, but production is scaling back and it would have been July or later before I could have gotten one.

Has anyone heard of any 0-60 acceleration times for the stock Y2K 6 speed model?

I have seen times written from 4.7 to 4.9 seconds 0-60. So far, the only car able to give me a run for my money is a superlight BMW M-Coupe that has similar reported times.

Would anyone characterize the Premium Unleaded served at Costco gas pumps as adequate for the NSX?

I have had 8 cars in the last 5 years, and they have mostly been BMWs, even one 750iL V-12. BMW approves only Chevron and Citgo gasses for their V-8 and V-12 cars. I have run Shell in my 98 740i and gotten at least a 2 mpg increase over other brands and great performance. I run Shell only so far in my Y2K NSX and it seems to enjoy it.

Believe me, it is not the cost of buying an NSX, it is the cost of owning it that you have to watch out for. Do yourself a favor and don't scrimp when it comes to gas... afterall, what does a new engine cost for one of these babies?!
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51
[email protected]

After my initial post, I decided I wouldn't put just any gas in the car. I've only put Chevron in my NSX thus far (only twice...need more time in my car and less at the office!).

As for production number, I'm surprised to see yours is numbered so low. I believe mine is number 113 (of course, I have NO idea how long it was sitting in the dealership showroom before I took possession of it in March)

Back