• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beware buyer using address: 6021 Yonge Street Ste#323, North York, ONT M2M3W2, CANADA

Vendors and Buying Forum Members Beware!

I held on to this post as long as I could until I was sure I got scammed. Back when I started the sale on the NSX-R type molded carpet kits in the Middle of February I was contacted by a member or viewer of the NSX Prime forum. He wanted to buy 2 complete sets of carpets and floor mats and Have them 2nd day shipped via UPS to Canada. In total his bill was nearly $1400. After he received those carpets he ordered one more complete set and wanted the same. The night his last order of carpet shipped I was contacted by American Express and told these charges were not authorized by the card holder.

Long story short this person has taken us for nearly $2000. The Toronto Police have been notified and are investigating these allegations. I tried on several occasions to contact this “customer” and received dead cell phone numbers and on one occasion I did get the “customer” on the phone. He stated it was a mistake and feed me some other excuses. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he stated that he would call me back. It has been a week and no response. Plus the number I did reach him at is no longer in service. So I have no other reason to believe his excuses any more and would like to make other forum members and vendors that do legitimate exchanges aware of this person.

I apologize to the forum administrators if you do not agree with me posting this information. If you do disagree with me on this please remove the thread and notify me. I have been sitting on this for a few weeks to get verification that I was stolen from. Again my only reason for posting this information is to make other aware of this person and not as a form of retaliation. I have lost the money and have no chance of recovering it. Nor does it look like this person will be held responsible for his actions. This thread is only to warn others about his given name and address where the items where shipped incase he want to try to get more products from this board.

If anyone in Canada or the surrounding Ontario area sees these items for sale at a discount please contact us so we can notify the authorities.

CUSTOMER INFORMATION:
-----------------------------------------------
Customer Name: Frank Shin
Address: 6021 Yonge Street Ste#323
City, St. ZIP: North York, ONT M2M3W2
Telephone: 647.686.8633
E-Mail Address: [email protected]

Re: Vendors and Buying Forum Members Beware!

hi Tom --

Just an FYI that this same crook used fraudulent credit cards through us using the same address yet a different name.

The cards used I believe are friends/families cards that are being used based on my research. The crook is then having the friends/family member complete chargebacks against the merchant.

The address is a Mail Box Etc. I urge you to contact the Toronto Police Dept and request them to issue a warrant to procure the individual's information from the owner of the Mail Box Etc. as he was unwilling to release this information to me and the Toronto Police Dept. was unwilling to follow through with this. After much time wasted, I gave up due to the Toronto Police Dept's unwillingness to put forth the effort to put an end to this activity.

Contact me for more information. I have a whole file I'd be willing to share.

regards,
-- Chris

I will contact you tomorrow. I have been in contact with the fraud unit and they have been very helpful. I believe with yours and my info they might be able to do something about this. I will give you the detective's name and #.

Anyone else taken by this guy??

That is a shame... Sorry to hear about it. :redface:

What name is he using here on Prime?

Tom - I was going to refer you to Chris at SOS because the stories sounded familiar, but Chris beat me to it.

If you two would send me a PM of exactly what was stolen from you, we will make sure that the NSX community here keeps an eye open.

There are few enough NSXs around here and the community is *active enough* that whenever we see one that is unknown, we make contact (to recruit for the NSX Club of Canada, Ontario Chapter). Im almost certain that if this thief actually has an NSX, or those carpets were stolen to be put into a specific NSX here in Toronto, that someone has seen/spoken to him.

Chris - if you'd like to PM me the specifics, including names and things like that, we can try to track down who it is at our end.

Just an update:

2 Red NSX-R carpets with mats
1 Black NSX-R carpet with mats

I want to thank everyone that has offered their assistance in the mess. :)

Carpet was ordered 2-13-2007 delivered a few days later. Then a few weeks after he ordered more.

I have just been scammed by this guy I supply toner and ink for printers He said His name was Jeremy Bell with two credit cards that are almost exactly the same. I havwe not heard from Visa yet but I am sure I will soon He is expecting a delivery from me to come tomorrow to 5200 Dixie Road #103. If we all go there we can put him down . I want this SOB to pay so please email me at [email protected] to arrange a time to meet

Back