• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

UCONN Car Show April 15th

The UConn Car Club would like to present to you the invitation of coming down and being a part of the Uconn Car Club's 4th Annual Spring Car Meet, on Sunday, April 15th, 2007.

What you need to know:
Storrs CT 06269
W-Lot Parking lot on the Storrs Campus
(see map below)

Hours:
Gates Open @ 9am
Gates Close When the Parking Lot Capacity has been reached.
Events occuring between 1130-2
Registration Closes at 12pm
Trophies by 3-4pm

Price:
- Free to Spectate
- $10 dollars to Participate

Parking:
If you have a party of 7 participating vehicles or more, preregister at www.uconncarclub.com by clicking on the forum and posting under the category 2007 Car Show > Preregistration. State your club name, # of participants, along with one member's contact information (Phone Number or Screenname.)

Events:
Pizza Eating Contest, Tire Throwing Competition, High/Low Competition, and an Exhaust Sound-off; These will be occuring throughout the day, starting at 1130am ending around 2pm. Prizes will be awarded to winners, pariticpation is limited.

Bragging Rights
- For those of you have yet to witness one of our shows, We tend to amass some of the greatest diversity among cars under one name. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest that theres something for everyone. Whether its Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros or even supercars that you are into, this show embodies the presence of all the aforementioned makes. Pics from last years show

- Our show does start early but we have thought of the solution to entice early arrival, Red Bull. Red Bull will be present at the show handing out Red Bulls, and even better, Theres a great possibility that they will bring one of their vehicles (Drift Solstice, one of the F1 cars, Nascar).

Onto the Trophies:
Trophies Include: Best In Show. Best Import, Domestic, Euro, Exotic. Best Honda/Acura, Toyota, Subaru, Nissan & Other. Best Ford, Chevy, Dodge & Other. Best BMW, VW/Audi & Other. Best Offroad Truck. Best Lowrider Truck.
Sleeper Award, UC3 Choice Award, Club Participation Award, & Best Club Award.

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club UC3 finds to embody as the "best."

Other mentionables:
- The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs ands or buts, plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.
- Arrive with the people you want to park with, theres will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see below for parking lots outside of the show that you can congregate at prior to arrival)
- Judging will be ballot based and will begin at exactly noon. Those who arrive a minute past noon will not be susceptible to registration or judging for that matter.
- Yes, different from last year, we will have portapotties within the show perimeters. More food vendors as well.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor to the show please contact me for further details. Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any questions or comments to [email protected]

Would you guys wanna join us from Acurazine and roll down there as one club. we are trying to compete in the club event. if you guys are interested ill post details of the meet locations before the show

Guys,
We got 7 of us together last year and represented quite well. I'm up for it again this year. Who's coming with me?
Jesse

Thinking about it. Have a lot going on that week.

If the weather is nice there will be three NSX showing up from the area.
2000 red/black, 1998 yellow/black, 1991 red/ivory
Looking forward to meeting other area NSX owners

If the weather's good, I plan to show up. ('93 black/black)

-Wick

I am seriously considering going to this. Anyone from MA want to meet up?

Sorry guys but I'm bailing out. I have "continuing education" classes this weekend. Looks like weather maybe a factor anyway come Sunday. Hope you guys have a good time.
Jesse

I'm from Montreal, but I'm town for the weekend. I might come if you guys can help me find some rear tires. :biggrin:

Do you guys know of any reliable shops around Redding/ Danbury that would carry 275/30/19 preferably Hankook K104 in stock. Or can get them within a 1 day delay?
I found so far :
Val-U-Tire & Auto Center Inc.
Town Fair Tire

Unless you guys have an old pair of tires lying around I can buy.

Let me know Thanks

I'm from Montreal, but I'm town for the weekend. I might come if you guys can help me find some rear tires. :biggrin:

Do you guys know of any reliable shops around Redding/ Danbury that would carry 275/30/19 preferably Hankook K104 in stock. Or can get them within a 1 day delay?
I found so far :
Town Fair Tire

Let me know Thanks

Found my 275's, Never mind

I found so far :
Town Fair Tire

Let me know Thanks

hey i work in danbury. are you going to have your nsx? i just took my car to town fair tire to have tires mounted on my wheels. i'll have my nsx out tommorrow. PM me if you want to meet and i'll give you my number

PM sent,

I'll be around and in Danbury area.
Anybody have a center console for sale??? lol
I want to put my radio in when I get back home.

just order via tirerack.com and have the tire shipped to one of the tire shops in danbury, there's a few in danbury or right out side around brookfield/bethel area.

The weather is going to be terrible on Sunday so don't get your hopes up. Unless you like sitting in your car in the rain.

Last edited:
The weather is going to be terrible on Sunday so don't get your hopes up. Unless less you like sitting in your car in the rain.

Yeah, I see that. I'm going to head back to Montreal saturday afternoon. It's gonna be beautiful

Weather is definitely looking sketchy. Unfortunate. Tomorrow on the other hand is looking to be nice and one day of driving is better than none.

Back