• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who is the ringleader in Minnisota

Wanting/planning a run down the river on 61 to wabasha and grabbing a bite to eat off the river at a hole in the wall type place. Then coming back up on the other side of the river back home to the cities.

Anyone up for putting some miles on their NSX? :)

Nice! I'd be game for that.

So, what are your guys thoughts on the front plate rules here in MN? I have not run a front plate on any of my cars in WI and never had an issue. However, this morning I was "talked to" by a parking checker in St. Anthony. He told me that I will get a ticket for no front plate. This was on my TL, but either way I'd like to keep the front plate off my NSX at the very least.

NSX PARTY AT ED'S THIS SATURDAY, Aug 23, 2:00pm until the cops come...

The last one we did was back in 2008 so we are WAY overdue! Bring your car, your favorite passenger and come on over to my place for an all Honda gathering (S2K guys are welcome too). We'll have the grill and the adult-beverage slushy machine going, so bring some pot luck snacks and drinks and we'll make a day out of it. We'll do group pics and there will be a prize for the Best of Show - so get the microfiber out.

We are right on the river and rain or shine we will have a great time.

Tell those in your circle as well - lets have some fun!

PM me to RSVP and I'll send you directions, or drop an email to [email protected]

PA186757-pp.JPG

P4070413.JPG
Looks like 3 out of 7 have plates. I guess I would put a plate on. That yellow on the end is the one I purchased. I like how he bent the plate and mounted it.

My plate isn't bent - I made a mount that goes up into the factory holes and behind the plate at an angle, and put felt bumpers behind the plate so it doesn't touch the paint. Works like a champ! I put a carbon fiber frame on it and it looks way better:

NSX_CC5-3-14_edit.jpg

I didn't run a plate for the longest time, but I drive my car for work and park in downtown Mpls a lot, and picked up 5 no plate tickets in a month (meter readers acting like cops) and got pulled over twice. That was enough of that. Its just too big a hassle to deal with the nazis so I leave it on.

FREEDOM!

Yikes! 5 in one month! Yeah this guy was following me for a bit, luckily there was a contractors truck that had expired plates right behind me so that distracted him enough for me to find another parking spot. I guess I'll have to figure out something for all my cars here!

On a side note, anyone up for Cars and Coffee for Oct.? I really wanted to get out there for the Sept. date but missed it. I'm planning on heading out there weather permitting. Let me know if you guys are thinking of heading out there as well.

Well ... I got one (plate ticket) in a bundle of other "suggestions".
I guess I was a DF - handed the nice man my registration with one tab stapled to it ...
After discussing "other issues" he took a stroll around front.
Ed can say say he told me so after the weekend at his place.

I've avoided the front plate issue by registering my NSX as a collector vehicle (any vehicle over 20 years old that isn't a daily driver). I paid the ~$50 and told the rude clerk at the DMV that I only needed rear plates. After a lecturing to me about collector plates, she ultimately gave me one. Haven't paid for a tag since!

If you are like Ed and daily drive your baby, then the collector plate route may not be the way to go.

I believe there is another law in MN...something that states that if less 500(?) of a particular vehicle was made and it is more than 10 years old, you also can get a collectors plate as well. A friend of mine with a late 90's Dodge Stealth got collectors via this route. I will say that I've done a number of fun runs with those plates and cops haven't given me any grief.

You probably want to check the DMV site about those plates cause there are some restrictions (ie. must have a second vehicle).

nsx_2k,

Thanks for the info! It looks as if the collectors only have to display a rear plate. Seems like they have a list of approved vehicles? I didn't see Acura listed on there so I figured the collector plate would not work. I'll take a closer look though. Sounds like you were able to get that to work! I like the white collector plates here too. In WI the collector plates are forest green.

Sat. is looking cold for C&C!

CBLude,

You shouldn't have trouble with the NSX as long as it meets the age requirement (older than 20 years) and you have a daily driver. Having only a rear plate and not paying tag/taxes again is pretty sweet.

Ok sounds good! I will give that a try then. I don't really care about the daily, but the NSX should be front plate free!

MinnesotaR6,
I'm game for meeting up some where and heading in. Im located in North Loop. Any easy spots on the way that we can get a group to meet?

Okay sweet! I'm actually in the northloop NE area all the time. Text me when you have a chance and we can plan it out.
612-64400two1

- - - Updated - - -

Btw this will be my first cnc so you will have to lead. Any one else interested in meeting up?

Whos going CNC? NSX crew want to meet up? Northern suburbs here!

I'll most likely be heading to C&C this Saturday. I don't know if I'll have time to meet you guys to roll in as I'm coming in from the South (Rochester). However, I definitely would like to me you guys. I'll be the one with the 2002 Silverstone.

Well -- I intend to do hoses - everything rubber that I have not replaced so far - and radiator.
Short shift kit - lower stalk - different knob.
Seat covers - should have bought the interior carpets when they were on sale....
Valve cover cover gaskets and timing plug gaskets and intake thermal spacers.
Not really mods but for the shift kit and thermal spacers - mostly things to keep er going.
Have any plans yourself Loveshot?
Hope to meet up when the weather get more appropriate.http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/member.php/28917-LOVESHOTNSXY95

[MENTION=26500]Albert86[/MENTION] yeah I just bought a set of pride headers with straight pipes, and some more cf stuff hopefully I get everything install before spring. For sure we should get together in spring for a meet.

a meet would be fun in the future. I didn't get a chance to see anyone last year and I have pretty minimal activity on here :(

Back