• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial members' directory of services

OK, after speaking with Lud, I am going to start a thread here that will hopefully be of value to members. Please try not to hijack this thread into other subjects, hopefully we can make this a sticky even.

You should reply to this thread if you have a profession where you think you can be helpful to other members. It does not matter what that is, if you are good with computers, know about lamps, or are a lawyer.

This thread is not to sell or promote yourself, but to make available to other members your knowledge in a specific area. For example... I own a custom installation company that sells and installs high end home theaters, music systems, security systems and lighting and HVAC controls. I am well versed in the areas of home automation, integration of systems, etc. I noticed that this subject comes up every once in a while, and if I can give advice to fellow NSX members, I will be more than happy to.

Simply list what it is that you can do if you can be of help. Please keep it somewhat brief. Please do not post here if you are not a member. Do not advertise links, give phone numbers, etc.

Thanks to all.

Area of expertise:

Audio/Video, Home theater, home automation, lighting and HVAC control, multi-room music, CCTV and security systems.

If you need help in this area, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Area of expertise:

Audio/Video, Home theater, home automation, lighting and HVAC control, multi-room music, CCTV and security systems.

If you need help in this area, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Interesting. I actually have some questions about security systems if you don't mind. Biz of course. Maybe do a call next week.

Andrew

I work in an optical lab. If you need any suggestions on lenses or glasses, I can help. Can't get much in the way of discounts, but I'm working on that. I'm also a hack photographer, and I've been known to whip up a batch of poetry from time to time...

Last edited:
Pretty much anything about computers, networking, software recommendations, development, IT, etc.

My company develops web-based collections software used by Fortune 50 companies and government agencies, but I've been involved in technology for 30 years and am pretty well versed in most things.

I have some knowledge in Real Estate, particularly what it takes to build your own home. This entails knowing what is needed to work with the city, in terms of permits, as well as working with architects and engineers (soils, civil, structural). Since I had so much difficulty with my contractor, I can also provide insight on pitfalls to avoid.

Take care,
J.

i am a "seasoned" emerging b2b isv executive, semi-retired. (isv = independent software vendor (= software company). i have written and provide a free sales management guide for isv's that likely applies to most small businesses - it's located at http://isvprime.com/downloads.

pm's are welcome.

hal

Last edited:
Captain for Comair (Delta Connection). I still do quality websites on the side.

If you need some extra peanuts or another drink let me know... I'll send one of the old, hag flight attendants to get you some. If you want to be on time, then don't fly us - we were ranked 3rd from the bottom for on-time performance (this is due to extremely incompetent management, sky high attrition due to recent pay/cuts and constant Boonga, Boonga from management during our BK and our new JFK hub which is like a "Monkey f*cking a Football".) I actually had to bribe a fueler $5 to get him to fill our plane next so we could get the heck out of there ( we waited 1-1/2 hrs for fuel before I got off the plane and went to bribe the fueler on the other side of the ramp). If you plan on flying Comair/Delta in/out of JFK, add at least an hour on to your scheduled arrival time.

"We're not happy, until you're not happy."

Capt. Max Delay

Last edited:
I was an insurance adjuster for automotive loss, I retain my TX license although I have since moved on to another professional field.

If you have questions regarding Liability, or Claims proceedure I am glad to assist.

Philip

I'm a tooth mechanic. :biggrin: If you have questions regarding a treatment or product you can PM/email me. I cannot provide a diagnosis, but I can help you to undertand a proposed treatment by your dentist if you have questions. I can also help with general photography questions about techniques and products.

This is terrific. Thanks to everyone so far for offering to help fellow primers.

PoetX, your post made me laugh, but everyone please stick to the topic of this thread. We don't want someone looking for help to have to sift through a bunch of non-related posts. Thanks.

Im the Sales Manager of Bridgewater Acura. We're one of the country's largest certified Acura dealers and we specialize in Sport Compact Cars:biggrin: Evo's, STI's, WRX's, Type R's, GSR's, Preludes, NSX's, Mazdaspeeds, RX8's, Miata's, SRT-4's, GTI's, GLI's, 20th anniversary's, 337's, etc, etc. Like our ad states, "If you can dream it, chances are we got it in stock!"

I specialize in the 90-96 Nissan 300zx and various sport bike models.

I can speak/read/write Mandarin Chinese at about the middle school level if anyone needs translation services.

As far as how I derive my meager income.. I work in distribution for a subsidiary of National OilWell Varco when I'm not in school. If need some serious power cable let me know..

Last edited:
And as a service to prime members, you're offering vehicles to us at your cost, right? :)

Invoice or cost? :biggrin:

I work for AMD in the graphics product group (formerly ATI). I have a good deal of knowledge in the areas of 3D graphics and video decode/encode, compression and post-processing. My area of specialty is in all aspects of the Apple graphics subsystem. I'd be more than happy to provide advice in these areas and general Mac questions.

I'm an attorney and I represent privately held companies (think outside general counsel). I work with clients with regard to all facets of their businesses, from start up through merger, acquisition or wind down, including reviewing and negotiating commercial leases, license agreements, buy-sell agreements, employment matters and the like.

I own an irrigation business....so if anyone has any questions about design or technical questions I would be more than happy to help out.

Ron

I own an irrigation business....so if anyone has any questions about design or technical questions I would be more than happy to help out.

Ron

I have one, where are my in ground sprinklers?:biggrin:

I'll Chime In!!

I do Equipment Financing/Leasing, nation wide lender.

If you want to build/save capital on your next purchase or even better offer this service to your clients to help increase sales on equipment/software you sell...feel free to p.m me.

We do offer incentives :wink:

Back