• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trunk struts and engine cover struts, rebuild, prices,can I DIY these?

Can these be rebuilt?
Who rebuilds these?
How much do new struts costs (trunk and engine cover)?
If I have to get new ones, who has the best price, and who can install them?
Can I install them myself?

Thanks in Advance!
John

Can these be rebuilt?
Who rebuilds these?
How much do new struts costs (trunk and engine cover)?
If I have to get new ones, who has the best price, and who can install them?
Can I install them myself?

Thanks in Advance!
John

buy new ones....
science of speed sells aftermarket engine cover ones for like 90 bucks (instead of 150 from the dealer)... and they open a little further than stock
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/hatch_struts/

yes, you can install them yourself.... it should be pretty straightforward.... but i'm sure they show how in the manual as well

hope this helps

I have the ones from SOS they work great and open farther then the OEM ones.
The struts are very easy to in stall. Took all of 15 min, and they do come with instructions but who looks at them.:smile:They don’t make the one for the trunk yet, but I think they are working on that.

He builds them better than brand new OEM. Just not as shiny.

I bought a set of trunks from the Acura Dealer and installed them in my car. My wife's car went out the next week and I decided to send that pair to Strutwise. I installed the Strutwise pair on my wife's car and they went up and down better than the OEM new stock ones. I swapped them out and putter the Strutwise ones in my car instead....don't tell my wife. She doesn't know. :tongue: Plus, she hardly drives her car anyways.

My struts were rebuilt by Strutwise and I don't see that they are any stronger than stock, if anything I think they're a bit weaker. This was just a comparison against a newer car. I had heard a lot of good things about the rebuilds but I'm here to give you another perspective. :)

I would recommend just buying new struts. You don't have to go through the hassle of sending them out. If I had to do it again I would get the SOS struts or OEM.

Back