• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Midnight Pearl Thread

[MENTION=9485]FF Drifter[/MENTION], your last pic is becoming my background!! Repainting my Formula Red car to Midnight Pearl this winter :)

[MENTION=9485]FF Drifter[/MENTION], your last pic is becoming my background!! Repainting my Formula Red car to Midnight Pearl this winter :)

Nice! The color has really grown on me and I love talking about it to others. "Is that an OEM color" is a pretty common conversation starter.

A few more, including some from the same set:

qc8hAvN.jpg

Likelike Highway, by jznsn2u.

NWNZxKT.jpg

H3, by jznsn2u.

gbc6lXI.jpg

Ala Moana, shitty filter by me and Instagram.

Can I still look at this tread if I have sold my Midnight Pearl?.....;)
Gone to a great guy in Sydney who had never even sat in one, he loves it, especially after the 14 hr drive home.
Still very happy to have the 96 Monte Carlo Blue manual Coupe. There is only 2 of each color in Australia.

IMGP2853.JPG

Memories

IMGP0772.JPG

is there a MP registry?

No, not really [MENTION=30035]AlanS[/MENTION], sorry. We kinda just pop up and post pictures now and then ;)

Haven't posted in a while. Here are some from 2015 so far:

March in Fairfax, VA by gc3/Avedrevu Photography
s7VXNXK.jpg

June in Port Orford, OR by my iPhone 6/Instagram
XhD8VBx.jpg

September in Kalihi Valley, HI by jznsn2u Photography
LOjDfEs.jpg

omg beautiful pics! Have you had any paint work done? What wheels are those? Sizes? Absolutely beautiful!

omg beautiful pics! Have you had any paint work done? What wheels are those? Sizes? Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you! I have had both front fenders replaced about a year apart. In the first picture taken in Northern Virginia, it is all OEM paint before the fenders were replaced. The fenders were replaced/paint redone by the time the latter two pictures were taken, one in Oregon and the other in Hawai'i. There is no difference in the car's appearance even under close scrutiny, except for the addition of an Xpel clear bra.

The wheels are 17/18.

seriously? PICS??

Repaint has gotten pushed back since i wanted to do some track days before making it all purple and pretty haha. Here's my build thread, so far we've only repainted the front compartment, but this winter should include the whole car, still trying to decide if i'm going to do engine bay now, or just wait and do it when i have reason to pull the motor one day.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/192783-91-NSX-quot-Lazarus-quot

Trust me bro, pull the engine while you have the chance and do it right. I had mine resprayed and regret not pulling the motor and sending it off for a "refresh" when I had the chance. With brand new paint, it makes it very difficult to not scratch brand new paint. So do it right the first time JMHO!

Finally got her home!

14311230_10154595705937853_8686388835020856148_o.jpg

My son is ready for his driving lesson! lol
14409407_10154595938397853_9217496426124869197_o.jpg

Stunning!

Thanks guys! She is too pretty. Thinking of doing XPEL on the rest of the car. Right now the whole front end has XPEL but since the paint is nearly perfect I want to protect the whole thing.... heh

Thanks guys! She is too pretty. Thinking of doing XPEL on the rest of the car. Right now the whole front end has XPEL but since the paint is nearly perfect I want to protect the whole thing.... heh

nice, i plan on doing suntek on my entire car to preserve the paint.

nice, i plan on doing suntek on my entire car to preserve the paint.

I haven't used suntek but I am extremely happy with XPEL. I have it on my 2015 4Runner Trail Premium and it has saved me from tons of rock chips etc. The beauty is it makes the car super glossy and self heals. So if someone tries to key the car there is no damage :D

I haven't used suntek but I am extremely happy with XPEL. I have it on my 2015 4Runner Trail Premium and it has saved me from tons of rock chips etc. The beauty is it makes the car super glossy and self heals. So if someone tries to key the car there is no damage :D

Yup! the XPEL vs suntek debate seems to rage on. i honestly believe both will do the job equally well and that using whatever the preference of the most skilled installer you can afford / find is the way to go.

14355533_10154611226247853_1468060130121789234_n.jpg

[MENTION=26919]bngl3rt[/MENTION] where you at?

[MENTION=26919]bngl3rt[/MENTION] where you at?
Woooooooah she bacc!I don't come around here that much anymore because reading about how much fun all the new guys are having with their AWD hybrids just bums me out for the most part.But that is gorgeous and totally made my day. Keep the purple faith!

I love Midnight Pearl. I want to have my '02 repainted and Midnight Pearl is a viable option. Especially after seeing the color on an '02 conversion.

I love Midnight Pearl. I want to have my '02 repainted and Midnight Pearl is a viable option. Especially after seeing the color on an '02 conversion.

Be sure you get a sample of the shop's abilities as spraying this color is very hard to do to make it look right....

Woooooooah she bacc!I don't come around here that much anymore because reading about how much fun all the new guys are having with their AWD hybrids just bums me out for the most part.But that is gorgeous and totally made my day. Keep the purple faith!

Thanks! She is pristine! It does suck that Prime is pretty much dead now though :( You still have your MP?

Back