• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Log-in Once? Feasible?

...just an idea, but it would be cool if u could 'log in' to nsxprime when u first connect... then u don't have to re-enter your username/password everytime u post. (Lud says: "oh yeah, MORE work for me"
smile.gif
)

Keep the site open to non-registered visitors, but this would be cool AND functional. it would also marginally reduce the amount of HTML code per post, meaning less $$$, (leading into world peace, etc., etc..)

feel free to send this idea down in flames...
smile.gif

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
...just an idea, but it would be cool if u could 'log in' to nsxprime when u first connect... then u don't have to re-enter your username/password everytime u post. (Lud says: "oh yeah, MORE work for me"
smile.gif
)

Keep the site open to non-registered visitors, but this would be cool AND functional. it would also marginally reduce the amount of HTML code per post, meaning less $$$, (leading into world peace, etc., etc..)

feel free to send this idea down in flames...
smile.gif

Im confused neo, I have never entered my username and pass... Its called that lil cookie file.... seems to work fine for me, maybe I am missing what your saying...

Yeah as KODIAC said, if you have cookies turned on it will automatically enter your user name and password at the prompts.

Originally posted by Lud:
Yeah as KODIAC said, if you have cookies turned on it will automatically enter your user name and password at the prompts.

WOOOOHOOOO
biggrin.gif

I got somethin right!!!!!

Hmm, well the Opera website says that browser supports cookies, but he may have set it to block them I guess..

Neo - try turning cookies on and see if that fixes it..?

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 08 January 2003).]

The problem is JavaScript, or should I say lack of it. I just disabled scripting on my IE, and it doesn't automatically populate the username/password fields either.

Neo: try enabling javascript (if Opera has it), or see you can find a javascript plug-in.

thanx lud and Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT> ... yes, Opera supports cookies. I had them turned on, but i had changed a setting to 'accept cookies only from selected servers' and of course the selected-list was empty.
tongue.gif

so it was a user problem, not an Opera problem.

all fixed... working much nicer.

Back