• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Production Numbers

Discussion thread for Production Numbers. If you would like to add a comment, click the New Reply button

EDIT: Oops - I didn't know clicking the "Discussion" tab of the wiki page would automatically create this. Please ignore. :)

My two cents...

As Ojas noted in the "To Do" on the wiki page, the work Ben did identifying the later model year production numbers should be incorporated into the wiki entry. It should be made clear that the data from the FAQ is from an American Honda spreadsheet and the info from Ben was determined by reverse-engineering the data by plugging the VIN numbers into the Acura Owner website.

It would also be interesting to plug that data in for one of the earlier years and compare the results to the info from the spreadsheet that is in the FAQ. Ben mentioned he might try this if he had time. I wonder about the accuracy of the data from that spreadsheet I got from American Honda - I believe it is probably 99% accurate but not 100%.

I just finished a spreadsheet with the complete breakdown of all (1991-2005) NSX production numbers by Year,Color,Coupe/T, and Transmission using the previous FAQ info and the data collected by Ben.

Is there an easy way to convert the .xls into a viewable format or am I going to have to go through and construct HTML/wiki tables out of the data?

I just finished a spreadsheet with the complete breakdown of all (1991-2005) NSX production numbers by Year,Color,Coupe/T, and Transmission using the previous FAQ info and the data collected by Ben.

Is there an easy way to convert the .xls into a viewable format or am I going to have to go through and construct HTML/wiki tables out of the data?

You might want to add the world wide production. You can find it on MACS site.

http://www.macs-tokyo.co.jp/

Go to "About NSX" Tab, and click on the lower left box, it has a table with all that information, including how many JDM NSX-S/R are made.

You might want to add the world wide production. You can find it on MACS site.

http://www.macs-tokyo.co.jp/

Go to "About NSX" Tab, and click on the lower left box, it has a table with all that information, including how many JDM NSX-S/R are made.

only if you can translate :tongue: i get the year/number correlation but the rest I am unsure of. If you could help me with this image by telling me the meaning I can incorporate it into the data...

graph1sr4.gif

Also, I don't think I have the correct font-set installed... i get weird stuff like this that I dont know what do to with either...

chart1ga1.gif

I numbered everything to make it easy if you could just let me know what this is saying :confused:

NSX_Production_Numbers_copy.jpg

JDM Data does not include 1990 to 1993.

Interestingly, there is a 3.0 Cpe made in 1999.

4 of 5 NSX-R GT were made in 2006.

The date for North America Market is incomplete, I believe the last VIN for USDM was confirmed at 237? MACS' date is showing 206.

Total of 19,005 NSXs were made, but the second table shows 18623. When compare first and second table, the final year end production is showing a different number. It is because in Japan, unlike USDM, the car produced during summer can be categorized as next year's model, JDM does not do that. For example, only cars that are built from January 1st of 2005 can qualified as a 2005 model.

Last edited:

Since the NSX Prime Wiki FAQ page is no longer available, I would LOVE to get a copy of your spreadsheet!

Can you e-mail me a copy to: [email protected]

Thank You!

I hope the Wiki is back up soon, but in the meantime, here is a temporary solution:

My two most frequented pages:

1) Production numbers table:
2) Changes by model year:

Attachments

• NSX Production Numbers.jpeg
    NSX Production Numbers.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 89
  • NSX Changes by Model Year.jpeg
    NSX Changes by Model Year.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I hope the Wiki is back up soon, but in the meantime, here is a temporary solution:

My two most frequented pages:

1) Production numbers table:
2) Changes by model year:

So when will the Wiki page be back up...if at all? Why was it removed in the first place?

So when will the Wiki page be back up...if at all? Why was it removed in the first place?
The wiki was not a part of the original forum- it was hundreds of separate web pages. There was no way to integrate them into the forum. It is backed up and saved, though. We will rebuild the functionality here in the NSX Prime Library, but it's going to take time. We're all volunteers with day jobs.

Back