• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to use ZYMOL

I bought Zymol. Tried it on my quatre panel, and it does seem to make a deep shine. My question is when you would use it. Meaning after wax, before wax, should I use a polish before or after, should I use a wax before or after etc etc....

Thanx in advance

Regards,

Omer

You should wash/dry/clay. If you have a machine you should polish until you are happy with your finish. Apply hd cleanse if you have it. Appy Zymol. If it is an EG warm in your hands and apply with your palms one section at a time.
If you polish after wax you will remove the wax.
Prep is the most important part.

What is hd cleanse and EG? The Zymol I have is a blue liquid in a bottle.

So wash/dry/clay polish then Zymol, then wax?

HD Cleanse is a paint cleaner to be used before Zymol waxes. Refer to this link a let me know if you wax is on the page/

Hand wash, dry, clay if you have it, polish if you have a machine then wax. Polish refers to an abrasive polish to level or diminish paint defects like swirls.

EG stands for the higher end Estate Glazes which need to be warmed by hand and applied by hand, not applicators.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
What is hd cleanse and EG? The Zymol I have is a blue liquid in a bottle.

So wash/dry/clay polish then Zymol, then wax?

I believe the blue liquid Zymol is the "consumer" version of Zymol...probably not much different than Turtle Wax etc.......The real deal is a paste & comes in a plastic "tin" with an O-ring gasketed lid. There is a huge difference in the products.

If it's the zymol that comes from wal mart or autozone/checker/kragen/some chain autoparts store for about $14 US....then it's crap on black cars.

I bought a bottle. It wears off easily after a day of driving in the rain through the mountains. Then it collects dust and dirt like a MAGNET. I've left my car outside for about 2-3 days just to find a THICK sticky layer of dirt. Kind of like moist dust or mud. Even in the garage it seems to suck the dirt right out of the air. Then if you don't dont just small sections at a time and buff it off completely, it leaves an oily looking film on the black paint. It takes alot of works to get it buffed completely with zymol. Too much work for too little protection and just creates more work from it's dust and dirt attraction. Dump it if it really is the cheap zymol. I wouldn't even use it on a cheaper car because of the way it collects dirt.

And yes, it's a product of turtle wax. Hell, I rather use real turtle wax than the department storecheapo ghetto zymol. If you're gonna use zymol, get the REAL zymol.

Is this it?
http://www.autozone.com/R,NONAPP16110/store,5508/shopping/accessoryProductDetail.htm

He's right. Zymol (the real stuff) comes in a clear case with an o ring. If I remember correctly you should store it in you refrigerator. If you have never used it before, do not let it dry on your paint, like normal wax. Otherwise you will ahve a tough time getting it off. I was honestly not too impressed with the stuff. It is too much work to put it on and off, for the shine you get.

If it's the zymol that comes from wal mart or autozone/checker/kragen/some chain autoparts store for about $14 US....then it's crap on black cars.

I bought a bottle. It wears off easily after a day of driving in the rain through the mountains. Then it collects dust and dirt like a MAGNET. I've left my car outside for about 2-3 days just to find a THICK sticky layer of dirt. Kind of like moist dust or mud. Even in the garage it seems to suck the dirt right out of the air. Then if you don't dont just small sections at a time and buff it off completely, it leaves an oily looking film on the black paint. It takes alot of works to get it buffed completely with zymol. Too much work for too little protection and just creates more work from it's dust and dirt attraction. Dump it if it really is the cheap zymol. I wouldn't even use it on a cheaper car because of the way it collects dirt.

And yes, it's a product of turtle wax. Hell, I rather use real turtle wax than the department storecheapo ghetto zymol. If you're gonna use zymol, get the REAL zymol.

Is this it?
http://www.autozone.com/R,NONAPP16110/store,5508/shopping/accessoryProductDetail.htm

Thats exactly what I got. Consider it out the window. Where can I get some of the good stuff? Like I said, I e-mailed Zaino and no response. If any of you guys can get some of this good stuff, I would be more then happy to forward some cash to get it.

If your paint is in near perfect condition I suggest Glasur or Concours. If not it is best to get your paint corrected first.
If you slurge for a wax like Zymol and have paint in need of correction, you will be wasting money. The wax is only the icing on the cake.
I bet there are some owners with NSX wax that would probably sell it to you. I haven't heard a lot of positive feedback on that older version.
For less cash you could try some Victoria red concours wax which some feel is Zymol EG-like.

I would love a store that provides all sorts of detailing products. All I have access to here is Canadian Tire, and Wal-mart....Needless to say all my products are mothers and McGuires...Very limited, that is why I was suggesting paying a prime member that has access...

I would like a full line from start to finish of one product....

Hey guys:

My first post, and new to the NSX family. OB, the stuff that you bought from CDN tire was formulated for Turtle wax, they bought the rights to that formulation to sell in the chain and box stores to try there hand at the high end products and compete with Meaguires. (it is still a best seller, other wise you'll see the Zymol cleaner wax on the bottom shelf instead of the top)

For a box store type product, it is one of the best, but it is not the Zymol that we all know to love, people that know the Zymol product love it and are life long believers in the product, like others trying everything else, I've learned it is a waste of money.

The "real" Zymol is designated as "the hand crafted line" and are made in small batches, for quality and consistency. And yes, they are all hand made.

So forget all the things that your dad tought you about waxing and throw it all in the garbage, if you are going the Zymol route you'll have to follow the steps, ie; wash, clean, and feed your paint. It is hard work (until you find your way) but you will be rewarded!! especially if you have a black car!

For Canada go to: http://www.zdocn.com (it's the authorized factory Canadian importer, so you won't get screw on freight and duties) there you will find really good info and if you need help call the order desk, they will help you.

BTW, Zaino is not Zymol!! Zaino is sold in a barber shop:eek: Zymol is sold at boutique style stores, unlike in the USA, Canadian resellers are carefully chosen, and very few web stores are allowed to carry it, ( so they don't bastardise the name and whore the product out to elivate their own name! (can I say whore?)

BTW, you have to use HD cleans, or it won't work and the wax (feeding part) won't stick or last as long on the finish. Follow the steps and don't cheap out, the wash is a low PH bath and you'll feel the difference after you wash your car.

cheers man! and don't give up on the stuff, you'll be well rewarded!

Do you mean this stuff:

I purchased the Zymol products and followed directions as per Zymol's site and the quality is superb.

Zymol's Canadian distributor is based in Markham and their website is http://zdocn.com. You can purchase ALL of the items through their shop.

I dealt with Gork and he was extremely helpful and very keen to talk about anything to do with washing, cleaning, waxing and polishing cars!

I highly recommend Zymol. Tony

I just finished power washing, then using hot water with Zymol wash, then a new artificial chamois to dry it, then clayed it, then used Zymol NSX Concours wax by hand, removed with new microfibre towels.

The NSX looks (and feels) amazing. Fantastic product. If you're coming to NSXPO, Zymol often has a booth and offers good discounts.

Hey Omey,

You should ping Mikey, his MRC Detailing shop in Richmond Hill deals exclusively in Zymol and you can get whatever you need (the real stuff) from him.

Cheers,
D...

Back