• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

98 NSX $35,000.00 Now the rest of the story.... JH4NA2160WT000037

On Craig's and NSX Trader is a 1998 NSX Coupe.

http://www.nsxtrader.com/details.php?id=3158

I inquired by phone and email. It was pretty classic. I asked "why a '98 at 35K, was it wrecked?" Uh..there's nothing wrong with the car. Runs great etc. I said on CarFax it has a salvaged/junk title. The next response was it runs great, absolutely nothing wrong with the car.

CarFax shows the car belonging to someone in Gastonia NC for about 3 months and then it winds up at ERZ Cars in Brooklin NY.

Then, via email I asked several questions but I asked to have the car inspected at an Acura Dealership and asked for the contact information for the NC owner. He responded with, Acura inspection, no problem, when we come to a deal on the car, I'll give you the guys contact information. My reply was I would purchase the car, contingent upon the Acura inspection and after talking to the previous owner. I also told him CarFax listed the car as an NSX-T not a coupe. VIN # JH4NA2160WT000037

His reply... "This car aint for you good luck in your search for the right one"

Hummmm, and I thought he said there wasn't nothin wrong with the car....

Re: 98 NSX $35,000.00 Now the rest of the story....

On Craig's and NSX Trader is a 1998 NSX Coupe.

http://www.nsxtrader.com/details.php?id=3158

I inquired by phone and email. It was pretty classic. I asked "why a '98 at 35K, was it wrecked?" Uh..there's nothing wrong with the car. Runs great etc. I said on CarFax it has a salvaged/junk title. The next response was it runs great, absolutely nothing wrong with the car.

CarFax shows the car belonging to someone in Gastonia NC for about 3 months and then it winds up at ERZ Cars in Brooklin NY.

Then, via email I asked several questions but I asked to have the car inspected at an Acura Dealership and asked for the contact information for the NC owner. He responded with, Acura inspection, no problem, when we come to a deal on the car, I'll give you the guys contact information. My reply was I would purchase the car, contingent upon the Acura inspection and after talking to the previous owner. I also told him CarFax listed the car as an NSX-T not a coupe. VIN # JH4NA2160WT000037

His reply... "This car aint for you good luck in your search for the right one"

Hummmm, and I thought he said there wasn't nothin wrong with the car....

LOL..Peeple these days!!:biggrin:

that's why i don't even look at car prices that are that low.

if you don't pay for it upfront, be sure you have enough for it later.... cause one way or another it will end up costing what it is *supposed to cost. (there are very few exceptions)

Living in NYC, I've "tried" to buy numerous cars through the classified. Most of the time, it feels like the seller is doing me a favor by picking up the phone. Very reluctant to answer questions and very short. I don't really trust anyone with cars in this city. In fact, don't trust anyone for anything :biggrin:

They run a salvage yard up in NY and sell parts off the wrecked NSX's that they purchase. That's pretty lame that he didn't disclose that they put this car together.

I said on CarFax it has a salvaged/junk title. The next response was it runs great, absolutely nothing wrong with the car.

What a loser. He's just waiting for a sucker to see that price and scoop it up w/o doing any research. Some kid with too much money will buy it I'm sure.

Since there was only one 98 red/tan coupe made how hard could it be to figure that one out?

I've never seen that "NSX Trader" site before but I could imagine the administrator wouldn't look too kindly on misrepresented NSXs. Maybe someone needs to be contacted? I wouldn't have a problem shooting this dude an anonymous email letting him know his misrepresentation is being discussed on Prime.

Look at the seller's name... Tibor TOTH... sounds familiar? hell yes, Joe Toth is the one that I bought parts from few times. ERZcars. com maybe...

Living in NYC, I've "tried" to buy numerous cars through the classified. Most of the time, it feels like the seller is doing me a favor by picking up the phone. Very reluctant to answer questions and very short. I don't really trust anyone with cars in this city. In fact, don't trust anyone for anything :biggrin:

I hear ya. One of my buddies got hosed by a seller from New York. Completely dishonest. It seems to be the status quo in that part of the country. I had some guy from NY hounding me for days when I put my GS400 up for sale. He low balled me and I declined, but he kept calling everyday like I would change my mind. Wouldn't take no and piss off for an answer.
Those people are unbelievable.

Only good car experience I've had form NY was buying my NSX. But it was new.:wink:
No offense to you classy NSX owners from NY of course.

Back