• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

65' Custom Built Motor yacht takes a dive

chain email said:
65' Custom Built Motor yacht, staterooms, gps navigation, twin supercharged diesels, etc. = $ 2.5 million

Crane and Rigging complete with faulty turnbuckle = $2,500 per hour

Champagne and Strawberries, dockside, for the excited "soon to be owners" = $250.00

Watching your dreamboat nose dive into the harbor, accompanied by two corporate representatives just prior to "inking" the final paperwork........
Priceless.....................................

Check out the guy on the stern, holding on for the ride of the day. Whoops.

LiftOff.JPG

Splash.JPG

BottomsUp.JPG

Wow that carver sure took a nose dive! It's Carver 55' Marqui worth $1.5 million. Yacht was being shipped in a Freighter and was being unloaded from the M/V Rickmers Dalian after being loaded at Port Jebel Ali.

If you look at the picture with the single guy circled, look just below him where his feet would be. You can see the arm of guy #2.

Disaster2007.Marquis11.GIF

Disaster2007.Marquis4.GIF

It would seem to me that in the first picture if the yaht fell into the water from that angle and flipped over that there would be a lot of water damage but I wouldn't expect any structural damage. It looks like the thing almost split in half from the fall, there seems to be a huge break in the hull from the impact. I would be worried about how that boat would hold up in very rough seas looking at the damage that was caused by a relatively small drop.

The other boat looks completely destroyed and that is a shame because it looks like it was a gorgeous ship. I will bet that the crane that flipped added quite a bit to the insurance claim, I am sure that wasn't a cheap crane.

That sucks both beautiful ships GONE. I feel sorry for the owners.

It would seem to me that in the first picture if the yaht fell into the water from that angle and flipped over that there would be a lot of water damage but I wouldn't expect any structural damage. It looks like the thing almost split in half from the fall, there seems to be a huge break in the hull from the impact. I would be worried about how that boat would hold up in very rough seas looking at the damage that was caused by a relatively small drop.

The other boat looks completely destroyed and that is a shame because it looks like it was a gorgeous ship. I will bet that the crane that flipped added quite a bit to the insurance claim, I am sure that wasn't a cheap crane.

The structural damage seems to be around the location of the rear crane strap, if the hull is fiberglass, and the front strap broke, that's a small area of real estate to bear most of the boat's load... this seems like the most likely cause for the damage.

If these are new builds I can't imagine how it must feel to go through the entire shipbuilding process, prepare yourself for delivery, and then have a disaster like this take place.

Back