• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX is scared of the rain and won't come out of the garage to play

Its cloudy in Phoenix and the monsoon is in full bore and my NSX refuses to leave the garage. 365 days of constant sun in the valley and the week I have off work is when mother nature decides to make it rain. Don't get me wrong. Phoenix needs the rain but come on. On my week off work. What are the odds. Owell.

Its cloudy in Phoenix and the monsoon is in full bore and my NSX refuses to leave the garage. 365 days of constant sun in the valley and the week I have off work is when mother nature decides to make it rain. Don't get me wrong. Phoenix needs the rain but come on. On my week off work. What are the odds. Owell.

I love driving in the rain! What better time to break loose the rear end without wearing out the tires too much.

I wouldn't drive your car in the rain either. I heard there were a few NSX's painter with watercolor paint and it may wash off. Your's may be one of them.

I took my car to Home Depot the other day. I come out and it was raining cats and dogs.
I proceeded to drive home and apparently went thru a puddle and got water in engine bay because IMMEDIATELY the car began running very sluggish and losing power.
Check engine light came on while driving it home also.:frown:
I feared water had gone thru intake. Got home and took it off and it was dry as a bone.
I restarted and it ran fine once dry and CEL light was off.
I DID NOT like that feeling though.

92NSX - you should find out why that happened because something is wrong. My NSX has been driven through many insane Florida thunderstorms including some pretty deep standing water and it's never missed a beat.

92NSX - you should find out why that happened because something is wrong. My NSX has been driven through many insane Florida thunderstorms including some pretty deep standing water and it's never missed a beat.

That was the first time it had ever given me a problem like that. I'm a little perplexed by it myself.
It seemed alright after letting it sit for a little while.
Kindof a wake up call because my filter was pretty dirty and needing cleaning out anyway.

take it out. get it dirty. live a little.

nsx's like it best in the rain when they can get tail happy.

happy motoring.:smile:

i hate taking mine out in the rain
but oh do i get so much joy when i wash it after rain... back to new again

why ? cars in the rain is sexy. hell the rains probably better than the arizona sunshine for that paintjob ;) moisturize a bit and go out and enjoy it!

That was the first time it had ever given me a problem like that. I'm a little perplexed by it myself.
It seemed alright after letting it sit for a little while.
Kindof a wake up call because my filter was pretty dirty and needing cleaning out anyway.

Driving it in a downpour and standing water is 2 different things. Your NSX is fine, just don't drive it through deep standing water.

I drive mine everyday, sunshine or rain...I can tell you from vast experience, the NSX won't melt in the rain....:biggrin:

Hey Man, your luck sounds as good as mine :biggrin: .

I am with you, my girl doesn't like the rain either. At least i don't think she would :wink: .

Driving it in a downpour and standing water is 2 different things. Your NSX is fine, just don't drive it through deep standing water.

I've driven in bad rain and it was just fine.
I guess because of the angle of the parking lot to road had a river of water and I drove thru it was the crux of the situation.
I plan on driving it tonight to my ball game so I'll know if anything is truly wrong or not.

Back